The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,968 times)

Eva

Eva

Nice! :)

The wait is unbearable. To add, I'm having a real dilemma: I haven't read the books which essentially means I crave to read them. I'm hesitant though, because it might be an advantage going into season 3 without knowing what's going to happen. 'Not knowing' worked so well for me with the first two, so perhaps I should wait with the books until after S3 has run it's course...

But it is going to be tough... 

Shasvre

Shasvre

Going into the books not knowing what was going to happen was pretty awesome as well. ;)

But Season 3 is where the real "Holy Shit!" stuff is really going to happen, so it might be best to wait until that season is over.-

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 03, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Going into the books not knowing what was going to happen was pretty awesome as well. ;)

But Season 3 is where the real "Holy Shit!" stuff is really going to happen, so it might be best to wait until that season is over.-

Have you read all five volumes? Did you know them before you watched the first seasons?

We'll see if I can resist the urge. I like to read during the dark winter nights and the winters are long where we reside, Laufey. The point is, as an example, it was a huge WTF moment when Ned Stark was executed. I didn't expect that. It essentially told the audience that anyone can die, which works great for tension building and your investment in the characters. :)

BTW, is this the show that First Blood isn't watching, because he hasn't got HBO? If so, we'll have to do something about that...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Dec 03, 2012, 07:24:48 PMHave you read all five volumes? Did you know them before you watched the first seasons?

I have read the first three books (I'm currently stuck on #4). I started reading them sometime during the second half of Season 1.

Quote from: Eva on Dec 03, 2012, 07:24:48 PMBTW, is this the show that First Blood isn't watching, because he hasn't got HBO? If so, we'll have to do something about that...

Nope, he have HBO. It's Showtime (Homeland & Dexter) that he's missing out on. :'(

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 03, 2012, 07:30:05 PM
I have read the first three books (I'm currently stuck on #4). I started reading them sometime during the second half of Season 1.
Well, then I guess -

'You know something, Laufey.'

Do not tell! From the title of book 3, I can guess that we're gonna see a lot of warfare. Will Ygritte and Jon hook up up? Of course they will (duh), but how? :)

Oh, Firsty is good then... Boy, was the new Homeland episode tense or what?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Dec 03, 2012, 07:42:50 PMDo not tell! From the title of book 3, I can guess that we're gonna see a lot of warfare. Will Ygritte and Jon hook up up? Of course they will (duh), but how? :)

I'm confused. Do you want me to answer that? :laugh:

Quote from: Eva on Dec 03, 2012, 07:42:50 PMOh, Firsty is good then... Boy, was the new Homeland episode tense or what?

I don't think my fingernails could handle another episode like that. :-\

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 03, 2012, 07:30:05 PM
Nope, he have HBO. It's Showtime (Homeland & Dexter) that he's missing out on. :'(

I'll catch up when it's released on DVD.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 03, 2012, 02:46:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj0e0r_yLI#ws

HNNNNG!!!

It's beginning! My inside machine of hypes is filling up!!!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Eva on Dec 03, 2012, 07:42:50 PM
Do not tell! From the title of book 3, I can guess that we're gonna see a lot of warfare. Will Ygritte and Jon hook up up? Of course they will (duh), but how? :)
You are in for some major surprises  :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

:laugh:

Eva

Eva

Great. I'm getting Ygritted by Valaquen and Laufey now. Now I know what Jon Snow must feel like, dragging around that woman who did nothing but nag him continuously with his own insecurities and ignorance. :D

Four months of this - just... kill me now lol.

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Good things comes to those who wait.

Spoiler
Well, you know, unless George R.R. Martin kills them off first. :-\
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 04, 2012, 03:55:18 PM
Good things comes to those who wait.

Spoiler
Well, you know, unless George R.R. Martin kills them off first. :-\
[close]

Yeah. That's a real risk in the GOT universe. :-\
Spoiler

At a fleeing moment, I thought Tyrion got his head chopped in half (you know the moment I'm thinking about).
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Dec 04, 2012, 04:06:33 PMYeah. That's a real risk in the GOT universe. :-\

Spoiler
At a fleeing moment, I thought Tyrion got his head chopped in half (you know the moment I'm thinking about).
[close]

Yup.

Spoiler
In the book, he did actually get his nose cut off.
[close]

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Eva on Dec 04, 2012, 03:52:19 PM
Great. I'm getting Ygritted by Valaquen and Laufey now. Now I know what Jon Snow must feel like, dragging around that woman who did nothing but nag him continuously with his own insecurities and ignorance. :D

Four months of this - just... kill me now lol.

Spoiler
[close]

All of that is why I gave in and read them all after season 2 ;D.  I swear it, I just couldn't wait another year lmao!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed