Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus director ha...
Last post by PsyKore - Today at 11:13:16 AM
The thing with "franchise killers" is they always show some sparks of potential, or it teases that itch that needs scratching but never quite does, so in a weird way it keeps the franchise alive and fans yearning for better.

But no franchise has probably suffered more "killers" than Halloween. Although I did love Ends even though that seems most hated. :laugh:
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:59:19 AMI also adore the Boggs and Rains encounter.
definitely.
I still wonder today what the alien actually does to Rains when it grabs him.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Today at 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:59:19 AMI also adore the Boggs and Rains encounter.

The scene where the Alien 'grimaces' at Golic gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it. Even today, it still gives me chills.
And here I come back to my favorite alien facial expression.
it's like:
"You're all just getting on my nerves and I want to eat your damn brains" :)

ps  @ xeno_alpha_07 :Fiorina Cult Leader, haha you starting something big here
Last post by Neila - Today at 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Today at 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Neila on Today at 09:23:58 AMT-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

Jurassic park 3?
I actually haven't seen it for a long time and would have to watch it again to have an up-to-date opinion.
But I don't think I found it as bad as the ones I mentioned.
It's a matter of taste and I don't assume the commercial success of the films mentioned. The list of my hate films is long (that's certainly the case for everyone) and would probably go beyond the scope.
Maybe even too much for a own thread, maybe there is already, I don't know.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:53:25 AMOf those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.

And even then, Terminator has an anime series coming to Netflix this year.

Supposed "franchise killers" very rarely keep a franchise dead for long (unless said "franchise killer" is the Friday the 13th shareholders, I guess).
Admittedly, franchise killer may be the wrong word...
For me, it's the films that I completely ignore. If there are more films from a brand that are better, then I'll be on board again.

Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:53:25 AMOf those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.

And even then, Terminator has an anime series coming to Netflix this year.

Supposed "franchise killers" very rarely keep a franchise dead for long (unless said "franchise killer" is the Friday the 13th shareholders, I guess).

The scene where the Alien 'grimaces' at Golic gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it. Even today, it still gives me chills.
I also adore the Boggs and Rains encounter.
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Neila on Today at 09:23:58 AMT-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

Jurassic park 3?
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:53:25 AM
Of those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.
General Discussion / Re: New Members >>> Introduce ...
Last post by Neila - Today at 09:33:21 AM
Quote from: Toothless Alien on Yesterday at 08:40:59 PMHi, i'm Daniel and i'm from Rio  ;)

I'm a big fan of the first Alien movie and the first 2 Predator movies. I really liked Predators and really disliked Prey (I won't even mention The Predator 2018). As for the Alien franchise, besides the original, I enjoy Alien 3 and the prequels. Now, if you ask me about Aliens, you'll probably not like my awnser...

"As long as you like Alien 3, everything is fine."
(greetings from Fiorina Cult)

I would actually be interested in your opinion on aliens...
Last post by Neila - Today at 09:23:58 AM
T-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed