Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:57:00 AM
Happy birthday, George. 8)
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:56:34 AM
Same as it ever was.
Quote from: Ingwar on Today at 09:12:10 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1QyAYa60g

There are images in this teaser that feel incredibly impressionistic, invoking that particular breed of silent cinema.

The inverse, in certain ways, of his much more expressionistic Dracula.

God, I am so in. I love that Coppola is just able to make EXACTLY what he wants here.
Kane was so dumb he should have been wearing a suit!!

oh

nevermind
My head canon always told me that ovomorphs attract prey by use of some sort of pheromone release (possibly observed when Kane goes to touch it and fluid can be seen dripping upwards/backwards). It may be the case that potential hosts are drawn to peer into the egg without even realising their behaviour is unsafe, beyond being 'lost in the moment.'

Here is an example of this in the real world; a species of spider that releases pheromones that attract prey (in this particular case by mimicking sex cues) - the spider is capable of modifying the pheromone to adapt to different prey species; https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=pheromone+attracts+prey&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&t=1715682284250&u=%23p%3DrcBIe0Wp9PQJ

And in the interest of being critical of my own hypothesis (as I'm sure someone will point it out), yes, Kane is wearing a space suit, however he physically touches the egg, and we hear noise of a 'release' - I'm happy to accept that a creature that can bleed acid and burn through the hull of a ship, is capable of penetrating a protective glove upon contact. 😊
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 09:58:57 AM

"Why don't you look out the damn window.."

Tennessee  Covenant
Alien Films / Re: Best non-alien pictures
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 09:43:58 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 12:32:27 PMhttps://twitter.com/ThePeterBriggs/status/1787542603510292723

A cool detail I hadn't known before! Gonna have to have a look through my drive later, see if I can see anymore from the set.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 09:30:23 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Today at 09:20:38 AMI prefer Covenant though.
Quote from: solace97 on Today at 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Yesterday at 11:03:18 AMI would dump Prometheus before Covenant.

Prometheus is better than covenant, covenant is totally off the rails

Prometheus doesn't work for me. The only thing it has going is the visuals and David. Watching it is an immensely unsatisfying experience for me.

Covenant I really enjoy. Aside from the David creator plot point and the bland characters, I've always enjoyed it.
I mean there's a reason I said Oram is #1.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 09:27:41 AM
I enjoy Covenant more then Prometheus... and I'm sorry, but there's no universe that Resurrection is better than Covenant. 🤣
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed