74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 143,467 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Wow, its like this thread had a resurrection.

But really, at least A:R had interesting characters, little shitting around with canon, and is so far after the original films I hardly give a crap about it. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

f**k Resurrection. Everything about it sucked as much as Requiem did. Only difference is Resurrection's abomination is 100 times ulglier than Requiem's.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Resurrection, without a doubt. It certainly isn't perfect, especially by Alien standards, but it at least made sense, is enjoyable to watch, and can be seen.

And the Newborn makes sense. Chet doesn't.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How does Chet not make sense? Alien born from a Predator. Nothing complicated there.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They're both horrible to me. A:R did a silly thing by bringing back Ripley after such a perfect ending to her character (and Weaver still seems to think her character wasn't resolved? She had three arguably perfect endings in the first three films alone, after her death that surely should've been it). AVPR feels so outside the ALIEN spectrum that I usually have trouble realising that it actually exists, nevermind 'related' to series.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

you necrophiliac sons of a bitch!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When I watch Requiem, I think "K, this should've been way better." When I watch Resurrection, I think "The fuuuuuuck..."

Stans

Stans

the a:r extended edition is good in any thing, i dont like the intro with that false cgi bug  :-X but the newt reference was too fu(king great  ;D was touching  :P

i love chet more than newborn, the newborn is hard to believe but im believe in him yet, chet is more believable and i dont bother about her reproduction method, the aliens are strange, and everything can happen  8)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2011, 11:36:32 PM
When I watch Requiem, I think "K, this should've been way better." When I watch Resurrection, I think "The fuuuuuuck..."
When I watch Requiem, I thin- well, I never watch Requiem. But when I watch Resurrection, I thi- actually, I never watch Resurrection either.

SiL

SiL

Every time I watch AR I like it more.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't really have a problem with Ressurrection until after the ladder scene (except for Ripley 1-7 scene).  Then it just feels off for the remainder of the flick. 

It's a little bit like 28 Weeks Later.  They put their most climatic scene at the beggining, and nothing even came close later.  The same for the underwater/ladder scene in Res.  Everything else seemed to go standard fare afterwards, and the queen/newborn shit I still find unwatchable. 

Stripe me in as one that also can't take the Ripley torches clones scene seriously.  I know fans and some reviewers make it sound like this was some revelatory scene concerning Ripley's character, but I found it completely unalien and comic strip worthy. 

Stans

Stans

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 13, 2011, 03:58:30 AMStripe me in as one that also can't take the Ripley torches clones scene seriously.  I know fans and some reviewers make it sound like this was some revelatory scene concerning Ripley's character, but I found it completely unalien and comic strip worthy.

i like that scene, very dramatical, the only thing who ruins the scene is the last comment of Johner  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2011, 08:47:11 PM
How does Chet not make sense?
Eggbarf + too many traits.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I agree her execution sucked but the creature wasn't a bad idea.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know.
But that's what doesn't make sense about the Predalien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed