The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 85,242 times)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:50:37 PMInfact the new comic is basically the very predator film iv been dying to see get made.

Good luck on any future movies coming out that don't go the way you want.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic you might not care, but a lot of us do. So what you have been in the industry how is that relevant? The fact is they have damaged the credibility and integrity of the franchise. The anger right now is justified. I'm not going to defend a mediocre director who employs known sex offenders willingly, and ruins a beloved franchise. No way! And I'm sure as hell never going to trust 20th century fox again.  The stupid turn it on it's head attitude fox have with alien covenant and now predator is just ridiculous.

andreaNZ

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:26:15 PM
If you don't know what the ending is azamultic I suggest you watch mr H review right now. Seriously dude even for all logic about modern day Hollywood there's a line you don't cross and it's been crossed. you are going to be seriously pissed pal.
Has anyone walked out at that point? if not,,I may be the first. lol.
I will be back to view another time tho..lol

ELDERCLANLEADER

Synta have you actually got anything credible to say other than trolling people who are pissed? Clearly you don't know the ending, if you did you would be joining in. You just stay in your glasshouse with rose tinted spectacles but when the stone smashes it, don't say I didn't tell you so.

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:55:59 PM
Azamultic you might not care, but a lot of us do. So what you have been in the industry how is that relevant? The fact is they have damaged the credibility and integrity of the franchise. The anger right now is justified. I'm not going to defend a mediocre director who employs known sex offenders willingly, and ruins a beloved franchise. No way! And I'm sure as hell never going to trust 20th century fox again.  The stupid turn it on it's head attitude fox have with alien covenant and now predator is just ridiculous.

You totally didn't get me "So what you have been in the industry how is that relevant?" I say I am "Over it" 2) The indication that a negative event is no longer bothersome to someone.

Yautja_Warrior

So I caved and skipped to the end to hear the end spoiler, I skipped the other stuff though, so the good stuff will still be a surprise.

Honestly, I don't totally hate it. It's dumb for sure but that sums up the whole movie, a dumb fun action movie. Guess I will see how I feel after I watch it, but if the rest of the movie is decent enough, I think I'll enjoy it as much as Predator 2 and Predators and it still sounds better than anything that happens in the AvP movies.

ELDERCLANLEADER

That's cool if you feel that way, I don't. And I'm pissed. Sometimes things are unforgivable and for me this is one of those moments. The predator designs are off, the plot is a joke, they rewrote history with the dna thing. And the ending is even worst than all that combined. Good luck to you. Maybe you will get something out of it, but I won't be. It's going to absolutely crash at the box office and Disney will be taking note. How could you not be pissed at the current predicament, if predator is your favourite character of all time?

BigDaddyJohn

Just a quick question for Hicks and Syntax, i think you can answer this one easily... Do we get new weapons/gadgets used by both predators in this movie, ones that we didn't saw in trailers/tv spot (harpoon, wrist plasma cannon) ? Without any specifics of course.

MrH

MrH

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:08 PM
Just a quick question for Hicks and Syntax, i think you can answer this one easily... Do we get new weapons/gadgets used by both predators in this movie, ones that we didn't saw in trailers/tv spot (harpoon, wrist plasma cannon) ? Without any specifics of course.

yes

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:10:09 PM
That's cool if you feel that way, I don't. And I'm pissed. Sometimes things are unforgivable and for me this is one of those moments. The predator designs are off, the plot is a joke, they rewrote history with the dna thing. And the ending is even worst than all that combined. Good luck to you. Maybe you will get something out of it, but I won't be. It's going to absolutely crash at the box office and Disney will be taking note. How could you not be pissed at the current predicament, if predator is your favourite character of all time?

"How could you not be pissed at the current predicament, if predator is your favourite character of all time?" I know you wasn't talking to me, but is it a little judgement in your sentence?) People may be less emotional then you or have a higher tolerance for different explorations and versions of the Predator universe. I am sure I didn't see a good predator movie from 1994-95 so I am kind of still awaiting for a good movie, but not AvP nor Predators destroyed my love for Predator. 

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MrH on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:53 PM

yes

Well that's always nice. Thanks !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Quote from: MrH on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:53 PM

yes

Well that's always nice. Thanks !

The new gadgets were cool.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Look iv loved predator since being a small child while kids my age were watching Pokemon, I was obsessed with a killer honor coded alien hunter, all the good stuff that made predator unique has been replaced with generic unimaginative garbage. Despite my anger I'll leave it up to you to find out.

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 07, 2018, 02:04:36 PM
So I caved and skipped to the end to hear the end spoiler, I skipped the other stuff though, so the good stuff will still be a surprise.

Honestly, I don't totally hate it. It's dumb for sure but that sums up the whole movie, a dumb fun action movie. Guess I will see how I feel after I watch it, but if the rest of the movie is decent enough, I think I'll enjoy it as much as Predator 2 and Predators and it still sounds better than anything that happens in the AvP movies.
I've read it and feel the same.
Don't jump on the 'hysteria fanboy got mad' train just yet.

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
Look iv loved predator since being a small child while kids my age were watching Pokemon, I was obsessed with a killer honor coded alien hunter, all the good stuff that made predator unique has been replaced with generic unimaginative garbage. Despite my anger I'll leave it up to you to find out.

Again I have the same love for the character from 3 years old. What I am trying to say even if this movie going to make Predator terrible, it can't affect my love for Predator hunter race, it's why I commented on you saying that they destroying it for you. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed