Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,446 times)

Sabby

Sabby

No one is attacking your family.

"Jesus sounds like a dick"

"Hey, my family loves Jesus! Why are you attacking my family?!"

Sorry dude, but this is all on you. Beliefs have no rights. Anyone who is actually hurt by a belief being attacked is throwing themselves in the way.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Has your family personally been offended by those pictures or are you getting offended because you think your family would get offended?

Cos there isn't much point of y'alls bickering if your family isn't even offended :p

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I know no one is personally attacking my family. I know that. It's not like I think those pictures were made to attack my family personally and I have to take a stand to fight them. But a lot of those pictures are basically calling Christians morons and mocking them.

Mocking Christians=Mocking my Christian family.

Again, I know I should take it in stride, but it's just something that grinds my gears.

QuoteHas your family personally been offended by those pictures or are you getting offended because you think your family would get offended?

Cos there isn't much point of y'alls bickering if your family isn't even offended :p

It's not like that, dude. It's really just the principle of the matter to me.

I know I'm being sensitive about my family, but again, it's just something I can't help. I've always fought for my family.

Vickers

Vickers

People around the world still use Christianity as a basis when physically attacking others who don't adhere to it. You know how you're all for same-sex couples? Well, with many Christians, that just doesn't fly. You know how you don't like to discriminate? Well many do discriminate. I've seen many Christians take parts of the bible that they want to believe in, ignore the rest, and they think they're Christians. To me, that just sounds like adapting your own religion.

I have family who are Christian but that doesn't mean I have to believe in the same things they do. Nor do I think they're getting attacked by the posts in this thread. They already know my views on religion. Your family isn't getting personally attacked. Nobody here has singled out members of your family and attacked them. Religion in general is just shown for what it really is in this thread. I'm sure your family are lovely people. But Christianity (which is not their doing) is still full of holes, conflicting preachings and idiotic fantastical scenarios.

And if these pictures really make you angry, just pray for us or something.

You've avoided a lot of the things brought up. That's offensive to Unicorn God.

Sabby

Sabby

Okay, I think I see the problem here.

You see an attack on Christian beliefs to be an attack on those that hold them. You don't think that could be projecting on your part? Don't we have an obligation as adults in a society to adopt beliefs for good reasons? Why put a responsibility on everyone else to just blindly respect whatever you choose to believe?

Sorry, but I don't want to live in a society where we choose to placate people rather then grow intellectually.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

QuoteYour family isn't getting personally attacked.

I know that.

QuoteNobody here has singled out members of your family and attacked them.

I know that.

QuoteWell, with many Christians, that just doesn't fly.

I know that.

QuoteWell many do discriminate.

I know that.

QuoteTo me, that just sounds like adapting your own religion.

That's absolutely fine, man. I've heard that from everyone else in the whole thread.

As I've said about five times, I know that I should take it all in stride and not get so hot and bothered about it. And to tell the truth, I'm not anymore. I just naturally feel the need to protect my family, no matter what. But I'm totally over it now. Seriously. We can stop talking about it.

QuoteWhy put a responsibility on everyone else to just blindly respect whatever you choose to believe?

That does make sense, man. It does. I know that I shouldn't have been so bothered by it, and I'm not bothered by it anymore, but I was because...well, I've said it so many times, but here we go again. I've always felt the distinct need to protect my family.

And now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, I'm going to leave. For realsies now.

Rest assured I will not be returning here.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Love you too, Cvalda.  :-*

Vickers

Vickers

Sabby

Sabby

Thank you Dovah, I can respect the twitch reflex. You've at least listened and demonstrated that you understand others position. Believe it or not, I understand your position as well, just we obviously disagree, and we should be able to discuss that. There was no offense or antagonism intended, despite my swearing. I'm just a swearer :P

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I lost a few hundred brain cells today.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 05, 2014, 04:47:32 PM
I lost a few hundred brain cells today.

You said your daily prayer?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Wut

Aspie

Aspie

did u get ur daily bread

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

No, it was this thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed