Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,857 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 04, 2014, 01:45:40 AMSure, but not all Christians are like that. I give you that many are, but many are not as well, and just because they follow a belief, that does not make them sheep.
So, those who aren't like that aren't Xtians? It's mandated in their holy book by their god that they should follow his instructions to the letter. Again, if they believe in their god as well as love and fear him, why aren't they following his instructions? If you're not one of them and are marching to a different drummer, wouldn't that make you not a Xtian but a "Dovahkinist"?

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Spoons philosophy 101

Everyone is terrible. No exceptions.*

Spoiler
(Except Spoon)
[close]

Sabby

Sabby

Aspie

Aspie

the one true God

maledoro

maledoro

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: maledoro on May 04, 2014, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 04, 2014, 01:45:40 AMSure, but not all Christians are like that. I give you that many are, but many are not as well, and just because they follow a belief, that does not make them sheep.
So, those who aren't like that aren't Xtians? It's mandated in their holy book by their god that they should follow his instructions to the letter. Again, if they believe in their god as well as love and fear him, why aren't they following his instructions? If you're not one of them and are marching to a different drummer, wouldn't that make you not a Xtian but a "Dovahkinist"?

It's not so black and white, man. There are many Christians that believe that the Bible was written by man, and therefore, many things could have been misinterpreted. They still follow the principles of Christianity, but don't necessarily follow the Bible to the letter.

Sabby

Sabby

What are the Principals of Christianity?

I guarantee you, your answer will differ from other Christians answers.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2014, 03:06:21 AM
What are the Principals of Christianity?

I guarantee you, your answer will differ from other Christians answers.

Love and tolerate your neighbor is the main one I follow.

Sabby

Sabby

I didn't ask which you follow, I asked what they are.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Oh, sorry. I'm tired as hell. Took down a hundred feet of briar thickets half as tall as me today.

I would assume you know. It's pretty common knowledge.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 05, 2014, 03:15:11 AM
Oh, sorry. I'm tired as hell. Took down a hundred feet of briar thickets half as tall as me today.

I would assume you know. It's pretty common knowledge.

That's exactly his point, unless he's refering to the commandments.

Sabby

Sabby

Humor me. What are the Principals of Christianity. Or rather, what makes one a Christian?

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

someone who believes in the healing powah of jesus christ

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2014, 03:18:35 AM
Humor me. What are the Principals of Christianity. Or rather, what makes one a Christian?

If you wanna get technical...

Loving and tolerating your neighbor.
Spreading the word of God.
Believing that God is real.
Believing that Christ is the son of God and died for our sins.
Believing that Christ is returning someday.

Now as for me, I've always been one to stand up for what I believe in. I've been a Christian for most of my life, but to tell the truth, recently I still haven't figured out what exactly to believe and not believe.

But I do choose to believe in God, and I do believe in the "loving and tolerating your neighbor" aspect of Christianity. It is a principle I personally live by. Now am I absolutely one-hundred percent positive that God exists? Absolutely not. But for now, I choose to believe.

As for Atheists, I know several and they're great people. One of my best friends is an Atheist. But I have a particular distaste for the Atheists that personally insult Christians as being sheep or calling them stupid for following a belief. I can't help but think that they believe they're better than Christiansas human beings.

To do with religious Christians: Again, I live in the southern USA and there are tons of religious Christians here. But the vast majority of them (that I have met, at least) have been some of the sweetest, most genuine people that I have ever met. My grandfather was an example. He was the kind of stinker that'd make fun of everyone. He wouldn't mean it, of course, and when it really came down to it, he truly appreciated everyone he met for who they are. I use him as an example of the best Christians. Now it is common knowledge that there are many, many Christians that hate and criticize others for being Muslim, Gay, Atheist, etc. And they are just as bad as any Atheist that make fun of Christians for their beliefs.

There, I have posted everything I believe on Christianity/Atheism. Now seeing as how I really f**king hate this thread, I'll see myself out. Not mad at anyone, I just hate religious debates.

And Maledoro, those pictures you post may be funny to a lot of people here, but they aren't funny to me at all. They're pretty dickish, actually. You're basically mocking most of my family, there, dude.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

but did you really expect that there wouldn't be those kinda pics in this thread?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed