Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,412 times)

SiL

SiL

The ancient people were bigoted dolts! Religious people refuse to listen to opposition and reason! Now excuse me while I block everyone who agrees with someone I don't like.

Either that's irony or that's performance satire. Either way, I salute you.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Now I'm a dick too SiL!

SiL

SiL

Yay, we can be dick bu --

wait.

No.

Just.

No. Nevermind.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

i'm.

must.

gooo.

SiL

SiL

But actually, y'know, on topic, Sabby is right. An absence of belief is not on the same ground as belief. An athiest doesn't necessarily choose to not believe, they often just feel there's no need to. It's not a matter of choice because they don't believe there's actually an option.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Oh joy my first enemy!   ( ˘ ³˘)❤

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 20, 2014, 09:04:02 AM
Deal with it eh?

I said before that as far as beliefs go they are different, but in the perspective that neither can actually back up their stance through observation and measurement is awfully similar.

Deal with it.

What stance would that be, exactly?

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 20, 2014, 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 20, 2014, 09:04:02 AM
Deal with it eh?

I said before that as far as beliefs go they are different, but in the perspective that neither can actually back up their stance through observation and measurement is awfully similar.

Deal with it.

I'm relatively certain he's a lost cause, Sabby.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 20, 2014, 09:31:08 AM
"There's definitely no God".

Which as you've explained, isn't actually what atheism is about.

Also if someone could perhaps inform Mr Sin on the meaning of the phrase, "Tilting at windmills", he might save himself some embarrassment.

Sabby

Sabby

Not lost, just willfully ignorant. His entire argument rests on a falsehood, so I imagine he's loath to amend himself and render his contention moot.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
Not lost, just willfully ignorant. His entire argument rests on a falsehood, so I imagine he's loath to amend himself and render his contention moot.

Indeed, he's as obstinate as SIL is arrogant... In my view, as I speak for nobody. :)

By the way, I don't think we've met formally, nice to meet you!

Sabby

Sabby

The feelings mutual, though I'd ask you to please be civil in my thread.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 20, 2014, 09:40:16 AM
The feelings mutual, though I'd ask you to please be civil in my thread.

I was nothing but, hence ignoring her as opposed to allowing her to bring out my negative side. She almost relished it, which is quite appalling.

Sabby

Sabby

Being passive aggressive is worse though. Either call him a c**t or don't. We value honesty in here sir :P

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 20, 2014, 09:43:23 AM
Being passive aggressive is worse though. Either call him a c**t or don't. We value honesty in here sir :P

SIL is a he? Oh. He seemed to catty to be male. In any event, I don't call people names usually, certainly not c**t. I would like to think I'm too direct to be passive aggressive. Be that as it may, I know when someone is merely wasting my time, as he was with his entitled personality.

He is the first person here to actually make me anything other than friendly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed