Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,423 times)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 20, 2014, 01:58:43 AM
People have been trying but a lot of shit over there is standing in the way of education.
That's one of the issues with poor sanitation/plumbing. :-\

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 20, 2014, 01:20:26 AM
There just isn't enough deodorant to cover up any of DR's posts. I'm not going to even try to dignify any of his posts with a respectful reply after that steamer he laid.

So true.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I will say that in the two countries I visited (Djibouti,Ethiopia) the most educated and respectable people outside of the higher tier of government worker were those with religious ties.  People involved in Muslim and Orthodox Christian were much better behaved than just about everybody else.

If religion is control then this might be a version where it is used successfully.

Because just about everybody else were lazy khat chewing f**ks. 

Those godless Ethiopian women were fine though.  It hurt my soul to look at some of them.  The god-fearing ones were all dressed up so I couldn't eyeball f**k them. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Religion is useful in that it brings order and control over primitive people.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 20, 2014, 02:16:47 AM
Haha you're a huge dick.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's true, look at medieval times, it was a great help and it is as such to countries not as fortunate  today until humans advance to a certain point where-in it is no longer needed.

Sabby

Sabby

I agree to an extent, but look at America. That country is certainly at a point where it no longer benefits from Religion, yet it's dug in and refuses to be phased out. I'm not denying the benefit that came from unifying the people in less advanced times, but there must be a better way to do that that doesn't end in this cultural stalemate we face now.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Are you serious? Primitive? You not just go ahead and say they're inferior while you're at it. Atheism doesn't make people better than others who aren't atheist. The world isn't black and white.

Wow.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Well Sabby you can do one of two things, wait until it slowly rots away or force it out.

Sabby

Sabby

I don't think he means everyone that is Religious is primitive, just that it is useful for control in less advanced populations. Surely you can agree with that much? Look crime stricken areas with lower educational standards, or, as he said, time periods like the Middle Ages.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 20, 2014, 02:30:39 AM

Are you serious? Primitive? You not just go ahead and say they're inferior while you're at it. Atheism doesn't make people better than others who aren't atheist. The world isn't black and white.

Wow.

Belief in the irrational is... irrational and a product of primitive times.
Primitive places.

And no, it doesn't make them better I never said as much belief or disbelief do not determine advancement.
Being able to halt your beliefs for the logical makes you advanced.

Coming from a agnostic mind you.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Erik, you basically walk around with a "Kick Me, Internet" sign on your back.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think this thread should become the hot Ethiopian wimmins thread.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 20, 2014, 02:47:37 AM
Erik, you basically walk around with a "Kick Me, Internet" sign on your back.

I enjoy the drama.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

We can tell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed