Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,394 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

God abandon mankind because of humanities innate stupidity for putting asinine words into his mouth.

Sabby

Sabby

SiL gets it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Apr 12, 2014, 06:49:05 AM
Going back he has a point. Rich says to be atheist means to be nothing. Which is as wrong as it is nonsensical. It means to believe in no deity, not "to be nothing".

To be nothing in relation to theism, which I explained afterwards clearly in a simple post. I didn't think I had to spell it out considering what thread we're in.

Sabby

Sabby

You... thought that reaction meme nonsense was clarity?

Also, I have to admit, I don't believe you. If you really meant 'in relation to theism', then you would have said so first. You only used that wording after you were being pinned down on your original claim. That, and 'to be nothing in relation to Theism' is a really strange and impractical way of saying 'Atheists disbelief in Deitys'.

Either way, if that's your position now, fine and thank you.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 12, 2014, 06:55:17 AM
To be nothing in relation to theism,
Which still doesn't really make sense. It's just a really, really bad way of putting it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 06:59:21 AM
Besides the image, I used some pretty easy to understand words. Cal got it.

Also, I have to admit, I don't believe you.

Well good for you, that's your choice.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 12, 2014, 07:03:07 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 12, 2014, 06:55:17 AM
To be nothing in relation to theism,
Which still doesn't really make sense. It's just a really, really bad way of putting it.
Makes clear sense to me, but noted.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 06:59:21 AM

Also, I have to admit, I don't believe you. If you really meant 'in relation to theism', then you would have said so first. You only used that wording after you were being pinned down on your original claim. That, and 'to be nothing in relation to Theism' is a really strange and impractical way of saying 'Atheists disbelief in Deitys'.

Either way, if that's your position now, fine and thank you.
Let me try to explain what Rich was saying. Usually theists believe in something or identify with something like, "I'm a Christian, Muslim ect," but if you're an atheist and you believe in nothing, you're an atheist or in other words, 'nothing' because you don't identify with anything except for atheism. A run on sentence, but I don't give a f**k. That was my understanding of what Rich was trying to say.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Cal gets a cookie.

Sabby

Sabby

I understand him now, but as I said, his choice of words were incredibly poor. Move on.

In other news!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/28/creationists-block-eight-year-old-girl-s-idea-for-state-fossil-for-south-carolina.html

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 07:10:30 AM
I understand him now, but as I said, his choice of words were incredibly poor. Move on.

In other news!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/28/creationists-block-eight-year-old-girl-s-idea-for-state-fossil-for-south-carolina.html

I thought the US was supposed to separate church from state? This seems to be dangerously close to breaking that.

maledoro

maledoro

To keep it simple, if religion is hair color, atheism is baldness.

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Apr 12, 2014, 11:33:22 AM
Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 07:10:30 AM

In other news!

I thought the US was supposed to separate church from state? This seems to be dangerously close to breaking that.
That's why there are "militant atheists". We don't want eradication of religion, we just want it checked so that it doesn't interfere with the secular world. That article is what happens when religion isn't checked.

BANE

BANE

Yeah, mascots get denied.

I'm really going to miss hearing "Welcome to South Carolina, the Sabre Tooth Tiger State!".

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

I'm an atheist, happened when I was 12. I realized I was trying to believe in god and decided if you have to try to believe something, then you don't believe it. However, that being said I would be perfectly fine with waking up in hell after death and not just rotting in the ground orssitting on someone's mantle...or thier trophy wall.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Hell-Scorpion on Apr 12, 2014, 03:53:50 PM
I'm an atheist, happened when I was 12. I realized I was trying to believe in god and decided if you have to try to believe something, then you don't believe it. However, that being said I would be perfectly fine with waking up in hell after death and not just rotting in the ground orssitting on someone's mantle...or thier trophy wall.
Yeah, I'd be fine with being tortured for eternity and eventually being tossed into the lake of fire where you are destined to burn for the rest of your life. 2edgy4me

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Hell-Scorpion on Apr 12, 2014, 03:53:50 PM

I think we all hope to be proven wrong when that time comes. It just makes more sense to live life in the now and immediate future and live a righteous life without being corrupted by the evilness of organized religion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed