Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,796 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I just did.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 12, 2014, 05:46:09 AM
It's merely a choice of words - nothing, not that, ain't this, am not that. Take your pick.

I figured that was easy to understand.

Vepariga

Vepariga

funny how the word of god is only spoken by humans.

At the end of it all,believe what makes your life happy.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 12, 2014, 05:49:37 AM
I just did.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 12, 2014, 05:46:09 AM
It's merely a choice of words - nothing, not that, ain't this, am not that. Take your pick.

I figured that was easy to understand.

Yes, we tend to communicate through choices of words, please explain why you chose these words.

Quote from: Crazy RichPlus, to be an atheist in it's most basic meaning is "to be nothing".

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Vepariga on Apr 12, 2014, 05:50:32 AM
funny how the word of god is only spoken by humans.

I saw that on facebook too. I also saw a baby elephant in a kiddie pool, adorable.

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 05:51:23 AM
Yes, we tend to communicate through choices of words, please explain why you chose those words.

That's what the a in atheism means, as opposed to theism.

I'm pretty sure I'm being so perfectly clear, anyone else lost?

Sabby

Sabby

You're not being unclear, you're just offering a nonsequiter answer that does not address my question.

You made a very clear claim that to be an Atheist is to 'be nothing'. Those were your exact words. I asked you why you thought that, and you pointed to the definition of Atheism. Atheism is a lack of belief in a Deity.

How is that an answer to my question?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

*sigh*

To be nothing + theism = nothing of theism.

Sabby

Sabby

...wut. You're making absolutely no sense right now.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

... forget it.

Sabby

Sabby

Remember kids, if someone asks you what you mean by something, dodge and weave!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I explained it more than once so that a kindergartener could understand, so never mind that.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 06:26:32 AM
Remember kids, if someone asks you what you mean by something, dodge and weave!
He explained repeatedly.

Sabby

Sabby

Yes, and as I explained repeatedly, the answer was nonsensical. He can keep asserting that he's being misunderstood, but he's not.

"To be an Atheist is to be nothing"

"Why is that?"

"It's in the word! Look at the A"

"Well that doesn't make any sense at all, could you explain what you mean by that?"

"I ANSWERED YOU ALREADY"

Sorry, ya don't get away with that here. When you answer a question, you might be asked to elaborate on your answer, especially if your answer doesn't really address the question. Your answer doesn't address my question, so I'm asking you to elaborate.

This is not hard to understand dude. Would you like to actually explain to me why you're answer makes any lick of sense, or are you going to keep dodging and weaving with this "I already answered" nonsense until I give up?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 06:43:33 AM
This is not hard to understand dude.
Yeahhhhh...

SiL

SiL

Going back he has a point. Rich says to be atheist means to be nothing. Which is as wrong as it is nonsensical. It means to believe in no deity, not "to be nothing".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed