Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,789 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 11, 2014, 04:38:09 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 11, 2014, 03:26:29 PM
Yeah, pointlessly provoking festering worms is always fun.

In this case.
What a great mentality.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 11, 2014, 02:51:14 PM
Jesus was Jewish.  Most jewish people look pretty white.

Unless you subscribe to the theory that white jewish people stole the jewish label from black people.

Maybe these days due to Russian/Ukranian Jews, European Jews etc. they look white. But back in the Jesus days when all Jews were Semitic people (which includes Arabs as well), Jews did not look like the Jewish people you see in parts of NYC or even modern Israel. People in that region back then looked either Middle-Eastern or North-African. So the chances of him being a blonde/blue eyed surfer dude is pretty damn slim (just like the possibility of him being a sub-Saharan black person). In other words he would've defenitely been considered some kind of "person of color", i.e. not "white", if he lived today.

As a mythical person however he could/cab be of any ethnicity out there. The "funny" thing though is that the increasing Western imprint and influence on Christianity and the world over the last 800+ years has made the interpretation of good ol Jessie Godson as white the dominating and most widespread one.

Sorry about the OT.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Wasn't really trying to argue that he was white just that he wasn't black either. 

Middle Eastern is a happy medium in which bronze skin actually applies.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 11, 2014, 04:41:23 PM

In this case.
What a great mentality.

You take me far too seriously. :laugh:

You can laugh and poke fun at anyone.

BANE

BANE

In this case.
Haha come on now that's the weakest insult ever.

KirklandSignature

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Then it will. *Shrug*

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 11, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

In this case.
What a great mentality.

I don't take anything seriously, unfortunately.

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 11, 2014, 06:00:57 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 11, 2014, 03:52:30 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Apr 11, 2014, 02:35:15 PM
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/207-Lets-stop-arguing-with-fundies.jpg
I agree with this one.
I hate this....what if it takes another 1,000 years for Christianity to blow over?
What if nobody gives a f**k?

Sabby

Sabby

I've said this in the past, but it bears repeating. Religion is not something that will just 'go away'. It doesn't fade and die over time, and you can't muscle it out either. The only way to remove Religion (or more accurately, reduce it to a harmless form of personal worship) is to improve the quality of the population.

Improve the living conditions, opportunities, happiness and the overall intelligence of a people and the need for superstition disappears. That's how you get rid of Religion, by making the world better.

Kirkland, from one Antitheist to another, I think you really need to rethink some of your positions.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 11, 2014, 06:27:56 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 11, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

In this case.
What a great mentality.

I don't take anything seriously, unfortunately.

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 11, 2014, 06:00:57 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 11, 2014, 03:52:30 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Apr 11, 2014, 02:35:15 PM
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/207-Lets-stop-arguing-with-fundies.jpg
I agree with this one.
I hate this....what if it takes another 1,000 years for Christianity to blow over?
What if nobody gives a f**k?

That's great....let humanity get held back even more longer. f**k that bullshit.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I do not know if this is the most appropriate place for this but whatever.  I honestly do not know what my system of belief is anymore.  Like its all over the place.  I am not religious, I was raised in a Christan household but it never stuck with me and after the various realizations I denounced it in my early teens.  Then I became wiccan but I am not faithful to it much anymore. But I still enjoy it but I will not let it run my life.  I do believe in ...something but I also believe in science and logic.  But my views and ideals are mostly (at least I think) atheist.  I do believe that Christianity and most other big name religious are a problem despite what they say.  They hinder some types of progress and it does piss me off.  But then again I have my own system of believes that stem from various places such as wicca.  I still believe in supernatural things, but i believe in evolution and the big bang. What am I?  I am sorry if this made no sense I guess this was kinda a vent.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 11, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
I do not know if this is the most appropriate place for this but whatever.  I honestly do not know what my system of belief is anymore.  Like its all over the place.  I am not religious, I was raised in a Christan household but it never stuck with me and after the various realizations I denounced it in my early teens.  Then I became wiccan but I am not faithful to it much anymore. But I still enjoy it but I will not let it run my life.  I do believe in ...something but I also believe in science and logic.  But my views and ideals are mostly (at least I think) atheist.  I do believe that Christianity and most other big name religious are a problem despite what they say.  They hinder some types of progress and it does piss me off.  But then again I have my own system of believes that stem from various places such as wicca.  I still believe in supernatural things, but i believe in evolution and the big bang. What am I?  I am sorry if this made no sense I guess this was kinda a vent.

Spoiler
[close]

Sabby

Sabby

What am I?  I am sorry if this made no sense I guess this was kinda a vent.

I believe you answered you're own question earlier.

Quote from: Predator QueenBut then again I have my own system of believes that stem from various places such as wicca

Everyone forms their own beliefs and morals, some just choose to credit them to something else, and end up having a lot of extra baggage sneak in along with that. Finding a name to credit your beliefs has never been important, what's important is keeping good standards of information to make sure you adopt beliefs for good reasons.

maledoro

maledoro

Since "Jewish" is a religious descriptor and not an ethnic one, anybody could "look Jewish". The ones who "look pretty white" are of families who had emigrated from European countries rather than from the Middle East. In the (alleged) time of Jesus, Jews were pretty much in the Middle East. (Sorry, I read SBE's response after writing this.)

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 11, 2014, 03:31:55 PMDid you by chance take anything that helped you shed the shackles?
Are you taking something now?

1. You're spiritual.

2. You're eclectic.

3. Who cares? Labels are too confining and overrated.

4. You're you.

5. You may be agnostic.

6. Any one of the above.

7. Any combination of any of the above.

8. All of the above.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 12, 2014, 12:45:54 AM
Since "Jewish" is a religious descriptor and not an ethnic one, anybody could "look Jewish". The ones who "look pretty white" are of families who had emigrated from European countries rather than from the Middle East. In the (alleged) time of Jesus, Jews were pretty much in the Middle East. (Sorry, I read SBE's response after writing this.)

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 11, 2014, 03:31:55 PMDid you by chance take anything that helped you shed the shackles?
Are you taking something now?

1. You're spiritual.

2. You're eclectic.

3. Who cares? Labels are too confining and overrated.

4. You're you.

5. You may be agnostic.

6. Any one of the above.

7. Any combination of any of the above.

8. All of the above.
Quote from: Sabby on Apr 11, 2014, 11:48:43 PM
What am I?  I am sorry if this made no sense I guess this was kinda a vent.

I believe you answered you're own question earlier.

Quote from: Predator QueenBut then again I have my own system of believes that stem from various places such as wicca

Everyone forms their own beliefs and morals, some just choose to credit them to something else, and end up having a lot of extra baggage sneak in along with that. Finding a name to credit your beliefs has never been important, what's important is keeping good standards of information to make sure you adopt beliefs for good reasons.

Thank you both so much.  I feel a ton better also I think I will use that word from now on.  Eclectic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed