Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,789 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 21, 2014, 12:03:52 PM
Considering the topic has appeared in the dream thread recently, I'd love to see a revival here.

The future of atheism lies in the youth. It always pleases me to see young children of close friends see the light and renounce ties to organized religion. Since religionist brainwashing starts at a very young age, it makes me smile to hear of parents who allow their offspring to choose a more brighter path in reasoning and logic. I can remember being forced to go to church when I was a child and how it created a life-long rift between my close family and it didn't get any better when I came out. No one likes gay atheists LOL.

Sabby

Sabby

Kirkland, I have a question for you, continuing from a disagreement we had a few pages back. We've had some differences on opinion before, and there was one where what you were saying was completely contradictory to a signature you had at the time.

You don't have it any more, but I'm curious if you saw that and have had time to think on it.

Basically, your signature claimed that an Atheist was only someone who disbelieved God, and nothing more, but you were claiming at the time that there was an 'Atheist way' or a message behind Atheism.

Have you reflected on that at all since then?

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 21, 2014, 01:15:42 PM
Kirkland, I have a question for you, continuing from a disagreement we had a few pages back. We've had some differences on opinion before, and there was one where what you were saying was completely contradictory to a signature you had at the time.

You don't have it any more, but I'm curious if you saw that and have had time to think on it.

Basically, your signature claimed that an Atheist was only someone who disbelieved God, and nothing more, but you were claiming at the time that there was an 'Atheist way' or a message behind Atheism.

Have you reflected on that at all since then?

I recall that signature and did realize that it conflicted with my overall personal opinion and thoughts on what atheism means to me. Depending on my overall mood and global events, I tend to float between different shades of atheism. The Boston marathon attack had a very profound effect on me and lead to the opinion that organized religion is mostly evil and must be eliminated if humans are to progress socially and culturally. Whereas before I might of professed that atheism is only expression of non-belief in mystical deities; I have now come to the conclusion that there is a certain humanist element that can unite all non-believers.

It goes beyond just denying the existence of deities and entails a human responsibility to spread the seeds of atheism to future generations in an effort to curb the rising tide of irrationality and illogic.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm glad you saw the contradiction and fixed it, though I still think you are putting too many things under the Atheism umbrella. I think you need to look at Humanism and Secularism. Atheism isn't these two things, but they are so closely bound that people can confuse them all for one thing.

Humanism and Secularism actually do fit with what your saying, where as Atheism is merely a stance on a question. It has no position on anything other then the question of God.

RobThom

RobThom

I'm not sure whats so profound about not believing in anything,
other then just hating Christians.

I agree with not believing in anything,
but just as an excuse to hate Christians isn't worthy.

Maybe you hate Christians because some extremest hated you,
but becoming the same only makes you the same.

Despite the lib media left or right agenda,
there are people who consider what they do and their place in infinity.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

If someone's a Christian and comdemns Atheists to hell based solely on their Atheism, they're f**king idiots.

If an Atheist observes Christians and calls them sheep or idiots based on their beliefs, they're a judgmental self-righteous prick who needs to get the f**k off their high horse and accept the fact that some people have faith no matter what.

/thread

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Mar 22, 2014, 11:27:58 PM
If someone's a Christian and comdemns Atheists to hell based solely on their Atheism, they're f**king idiots.
/thread

I suppose (but I cant guarantee), that I wouldn't take that personally because I dont believe in their perspective.

What do I care being judged by the God of them.

Unless it stops me from being me, then maybe I'm irritated.
But in that instance let me ask you something,
was murika built on atheist values?

What successful nations have been built on Atheist values?

Are we sure that Atheist values are worth a dang,
except in the shadow of a Christian nation that enables them?

Are there Atheists in Israel?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: RobThom on Mar 22, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Mar 22, 2014, 11:27:58 PM
/thread

I suppose (but I cant guarantee), that I wouldn't take that personally because I dont believe in their perspective.

What do I care being judged by the God of them.

Unless it stops me from being me, then maybe I'm irritated.
But in that instance let me ask you something,
was murika built on atheist values?

What successful nations have been built on Atheist values?

Are we sure that Atheist values are worth a dang,
except in the shadow of a Christian nation that enables them?

Are there Atheists in Israel?

Refer to the post above.

RobThom

RobThom

The "...they're f**king idiots" thing?
I mostly disregarding any thing you said after that.
Thats the end of the conversation right?

Or are you referring to the atheism thing allegedly being humanism or secularism.
That sounds like a bunch of hippie tribalism.

So you dont believe in god?
Is that the point?

But you believe in hindu stuff.
(Which I have no problem with.)

It sounds like the lib agenda being a rival to the christian agenda.
I'll Ask you one more time,
which one of these has created nations,
And which one kind of lurks in the background?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

wut

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Mar 23, 2014, 12:40:48 AM
Quote from: RobThom on Mar 23, 2014, 12:29:20 AM
I'll Ask you one more time,

http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a9/600x464px-LL-a9f33f8e_watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I pooped my pants when I saw the Black guy!
Are you proud of yourself?!
Will you be paying for my laundry bill?!

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

pseudo-intellectualism maaaaaaan 

RobThom

RobThom

Honestly I cant be bothered whether you believe in the lord or not.

Some people call it proselytising,
and their pretty good excuse it they think that they're saving you from yourself.

Thats one part of Christianity I dont agree with.
Leave everyone to their own designs!
As long as they earn their own living.

I dont want people who dont earn their own keep in my religion!
But it was kind of a spready thing back in the day.

Let the libs have that one.
I dont want them.
I'll take people with a Christian work ethic.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

which lord

lord stark?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed