Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,455 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Creationists don't have any intellectual integrity when it comes to pushing their agenda in dragging science and education down to their childish level, so why should I try and be better then them while opposing them?

Same argument.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 11, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
Creationists don't have any intellectual integrity when it comes to pushing their agenda in dragging science and education down to their childish level, so why should I try and be better then them while opposing them?

Same argument.

Not sure if you where talking to me or posting in general...
Because I called Kirkland an idiot for saying we should indiscriminately kill people because they're part of one particular religion or belief system. That's something that's wrong no matter what you do or don't believe.
The condescension in the way you word your replies is palpable by the way.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 11, 2013, 05:38:00 PM

Same argument.

Because I called Kirkland an idiot for saying we should indiscriminately kill people because they're part of one particular religion or belief system. That's something that's wrong no matter what you do or don't believe.

When did I ever say we(Americans) should indiscriminatlely kill all Muslims?If that's what was implied then I would like to clarify that USA and other countries should not allow them into our borders based on the actions of the radical Islamists. They can't be trusted yet.

BANE

BANE

*than

Sorry, just teasing.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: BANE on Oct 11, 2013, 06:15:35 PM
*than

Sorry, just teasing.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 04:51:13 PM
Islamophobic? Hardly...I just have intense dislike for the ones who bomb and kill innocent AMERICANS.  I dislike Islam equally as much as the other mystical belief systems in the world. I also don't see any islamophobia in that video since they clearly bring up that it's the fundamentalist faction of Islam that is threatening to swarm Europe and the rest of the world.

Your posts have been very one-sided and full of fear, bunching all Muslims together into one unified bloodthirsty, swarming, brainwashed Jihadist mob that is about to take over the world.

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 06:09:14 PM
When did I ever say we(Americans) should indiscriminatlely kill all Muslims?If that's what was implied then I would like to clarify that USA and other countries should not allow them into our borders based on the actions of the radical Islamists. They can't be trusted yet.

Who are these "they/them" you're talking about? Muslims in general or people with actual links / affiliation with Islamist groups and organizations?

Sabby

Sabby

I get like that when I talk about Creationists :P Hard to speak with any amount of respect for something you see as a societal cancer.

As for the 'Islamaphobia', Kirkland, I know you insist that your not against all Muslims, but you do say that they 'shouldn't be allowed in America' based on the actions of the extremists, because 'they can't be trusted'. Just curious, would you approve of such Zero Tolerance policies if the roles were reversed?

Plenty of US soldiers in Afghanistan have abused citizens and gotten away with it. Would you find it ethical that all US citizens be banned from Afghanistan based on the actions of these soldiers?

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 06:09:14 PM

Same argument.

who we need to be getting rid of is ignorant people who hate. They're the real problem and to me, I don't see any difference. You also  forget that Muslim isn't a race, it's a religion. Anyone can be it. I have members of my family from all faiths, some that are Muslim, so I take offense to your comment and I find to be disrespectful. Your comment proves that religion is not the problem but hate and ignorance is.

Sabby

Sabby

Ugh, looks like we lost another great Youtube Atheist to the Freethoughtblogs Feel Machine.

Thunderfoots video on rape prevention has gotten the Skepchicks all up in arms, and one of them is Aronra's wife. So now Aronra is after Thunderfoot with strawmen arguments that a man of his intellect has no business throwing around :/

I really wish this hyper sensitive feminism debate would stop dividing Atheism.

SiL

SiL

How do you divide atheism?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Alone hit the nail on the head. The problem isn't religion, a persons beliefs or the fact they choose not to believe.
The problem is the varying degrees of hate, prejudice and discrimination that comes from an individual.
I think by some of their posts sabby and Kirkland have proved they're more of a problem with society then they think. On that note I think I'll leave the thread because the discussion seems to be going no where.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 12, 2013, 12:56:29 AM
I think by some of their posts sabby and Kirkland have proved they're more of a problem with society then they think.

Excuse me? >.> So your just going to throw that out there and then flee? How about explaining yourself instead of trying to maintain moral high ground?

SiL

SiL

Your posts frequently sound condescending and patronising, which makes you just as bad as the people you're opposed to. Kirkland is talking about all muslims being evil, end of story, again making him no better than the fearmongers.

And seriously, how do you divide atheists. There's not really a grey area. If you don't believe in God, you're an atheist. That's it.

Sabby

Sabby

A condescending tone makes me an equal problem to a tax free criminal organization that wants to destroy education. Gotcha. I won't apologize for the tone, and if you really find it such an obstacle that I speak down to idiots who refuse to take part in a fair and productive discourse (Young Earth Creationists, Demonologists and the like) then I'd say you have not only a very thin skin, but an unrealistic expectation of these kinds of people to debate on equal ground.

As for dividing Atheists, correct, you cannot divide them on the core question of God. However, there are topics that many, many Atheists find themselves involved in. It's hard to be actively interested in topics like Religion and politics and not find yourself having some kind of opinions in things like sexism. So many Atheists have overlapping social/political interests.

Over the last year or so, feminism has been one of those topics. It's been incredibly divisive because of how groups like Skepchick and Atheism+ have worded themselves, making it sound as if not prescribing to their views on the issue makes you a rape apologist. It's been fun to watch at times, but it is starting to grate on me, since it's poisoning the conventions as well, which are extremely important right now with trying to legitimize Atheism as a political/social movement.

SiL

SiL

So people who don't believe in God, arguing over whose interpretation of how to live without God is correct.

Yeah, that doesn't sound anything like religion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed