DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm sure it's the latter in his case ;)

Sabby

Sabby

You a rampant masculinist, eh? xD

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Atheism Plus? Sounds a little like Catholicism Wow to me...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 24, 2013, 12:18:56 PM

LOOK AT MY PENIS, RAWRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Sabby

Sabby

It's a neat idea on paper, actually, just the current incarnation of it really blows.

Basically, it's Atheists organizing for social reform. Atheism only means a lack of belief in a deity, so Atheists themselves can vary wildly on social and political stances. Atheism+ is an attempt to try and give similarly minded Atheists a platform. Topics like GBLT rights, gender equality, marriage equality, corruption, things that affect the average person and their civil rights as human beings. They call it 'Social Justice'.

Too bad they ostracize any Atheist who doesn't agree with their policies :/ You're either 'with them, or against them'. So if you find a comment like 'the male brain is just a female brain damaged by testosterone' to be in poor taste, your standing aside and allowing bigotry and unfairness to happen, according to them.

It's ridiculous, and sadly it's the nature of the beast :/ Atheism is like a herd of cats, and stupidity is universal.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 24, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 24, 2013, 12:18:56 PM

My PM box is open :3

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Just when you thought it was safe to not believe in something. :-\

Sabby

Sabby

Yeah :/ I won't touch it in it's current form, but I do believe the movement itself is a good one.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 24, 2013, 07:09:45 AM
Not surprised that feminism is poisoning Atheism, or that Doomrulz would find it interesting? xD

The latter obviously.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 24, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
Penis!

Spoiler

Where?
[close]

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 23, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
"Why Feminism is Poisoning Atheism"
Bollocks!

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Eva on Sep 24, 2013, 08:51:51 PM
Bollocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKQdJR7F_I#ws

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 23, 2013, 11:43:44 AM
I love Thunderf00t, I think he's a genius. I especially loved his roasts of PZ Meyers especially in light of the Shermer rape accusation.

Oh my... I just now found out about this. That's just... I'm speechless.

Eva

Eva

OK, so this is essentially a " Why 'Feminism' is Poisoning 'Atheism' " rant, not to be confused with an "Why Feminism is Poisoning Atheism" argument.

I'm still calling bollocks!, not to be confused with 'bollocks!'.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm confused.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 24, 2013, 10:02:58 PM
I'm confused.

I'm not. Go back a few pages on the "Things I don't get" thread and you might feel less confused.

Sabby

Sabby

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100237766/hes-back-benedict-xvi-speaks-out-on-sex-abuse-and-calls-richard-dawkins-science-fiction/

Quote from: Benedict in response to covering up child abuseI have never tried to hide these things. That the power of evil penetrate to such an extent in the inner world of faith is for us a suffering which, on the one hand, we have to endure, while, on the other, we must at the same time, do everything possible to ensure that such cases do not repeated.

You have to remember the great figures and even that faith has produced – by Benedict of Nursia and his sister Scholastica, Francis and Clare of Assisi, Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross, the great saints of charity as Vincent de Paul and Camillo de Lellis to Mother Teresa of Calcutta and the great and noble figures of the nineteenth century Turin. It is also true today that faith leads many people to selfless love, in service to others, sincerity and justice.

So, child rape is 'just something they will always struggle with', and that we should instead be thinking about the pillars of morality that Christianity has created, like Mother Teresa?

Let's pretend that horrible old crone was anything other then a deluded monster. Could you even use a positive figure to justify such a disgusting endorsement? Derp, we know our guys are sick freaks, but humanity is inherently evil, so we can't be held responsible for our actions, or our repeated covering of said actions.

You f**king scumbag c**t Benedict. Way to dodge personal responsibility. There are no English words strong enough to describe how I feel about this societal tumor right now.

BANE

BANE

I think you've misinterpreted what he said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed