Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,805 times)

maledoro

maledoro

I understood why you had posted the NdGT video; I was just calling him out on something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 22, 2013, 05:35:16 PM
I understand why he'd like to distance himself from the baggage, but his reasoning here is kind of strange... he doesn't believe in a deity, so he's an Atheist. He's open to one, so he's an Agnostic Atheist.

I don't wanna be associated with Atheism Plus, but I don't distance myself from Atheism and Social Justice because of that.

f**k Atheism+, it's a joke. I don't want to take this thread in the wrong direction but honestly, feminism has poisoned atheism which is why Atheism+ exists. And why? Because an idiot named Rebecca Watson felt "harrassed" when a guy, in an elevator, asked her to share her thoughts and opinions over a coffee, ffs.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm in that awkward position where I like the idea of Atheism+, I just don't like the f**kwits running it. Even Matt Dillahunty, a man I greatly respect, has fallen in with the professional victims and misguided moral warriors :/

It's sad when the most sense being made is from someone who was personally burned by them and have made it their mission to hound them relentlessly. I still love Thunderfoot and Dillahunty, but I don't think either of them are thinking clearly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I love Thunderf00t, I think he's a genius. I especially loved his roasts of PZ Meyers especially in light of the Shermer rape accusation.

Sabby

Sabby

Oh yeah, the guys fantastic when it comes to writing a script, but he tends to flounder in a real debate :/ It's a little hard to watch sometimes. I remember on Magic Sandwich Show once a caller was criticizing one of his videos and his response was a very aggressive outburst.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Is it online?

maledoro

maledoro

So, which church is Thunderp00t associated with? WBC, or is he a non-denom Xtian?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 23, 2013, 12:29:26 PM
Is it online?

Yes, but I'm afraid I don't know the episode. They're all on Youtube though.

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 23, 2013, 01:28:21 PM
So, which church is Thunderp00t associated with? WBC, or is he a non-denom Xtian?

Never heard of this guy o.o Is he like AronRahahahaha?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 23, 2013, 01:42:58 PM
Never heard of this guy o.o
You were just singing his praises...

Sabby

Sabby

Thunderfoot, you said Thunderpoot. Typo?

Thunderfoot is an Atheist who does Youtube videos about science and religion.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 23, 2013, 01:49:26 PMThunderfoot, you said Thunderpoot. Typo?
No, satire.

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 23, 2013, 01:49:26 PMThunderfoot is an Atheist who does Youtube videos about science and religion.
I was wondering. He seems pretty obsessed with certain atheists that I thought he was an evangelical Xtian. I went to his blog and with his obsession with PZ Myers and feminism I thought that he was a Xtian sheep in an atheist wolf's clothing.

Sabby

Sabby

Hahaha, oh my xD that is rather worrying, yet sadly understandable. Yes, he and the people of Atheism+ have been at each others throats ever since TF was banned from Freethoughtblogs. It's gotten pretty ugly at points, but TF tends to usually be in the right.

He's most known for his Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? series. You'd love it :) very funny.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 23, 2013, 01:56:18 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 23, 2013, 01:49:26 PMThunderfoot, you said Thunderpoot. Typo?
No, satire.

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 23, 2013, 01:49:26 PMThunderfoot is an Atheist who does Youtube videos about science and religion.
I was wondering. He seems pretty obsessed with certain atheists that I thought he was an evangelical Xtian. I went to his blog and with his obsession with PZ Myers and feminism I thought that he was a Xtian sheep in an atheist wolf's clothing.

He hasn't said anything about PZ Meyers lately on YouTube at least and his channel is pretty popular. It's the "Why Feminism is Poisoning Atheism" videos that grabbed my attention. From what I can ascertain from other related videos, PZ Meyers is a big fool.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 23, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
It's the "Why Feminism is Poisoning Atheism" videos that grabbed my attention.

Why am I not surprised?  ;)

Sabby

Sabby

Not surprised that feminism is poisoning Atheism, or that Doomrulz would find it interesting? xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed