Author
Theology (Read 212,436 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Sep 06, 2013, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM
Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 06, 2013, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:36:33 PM
Haha yeah, rubbish. No one worships Satan.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/232c423f75b2b2b7397762328ff4690e/tumblr_mskxypabRL1spbtxxo1_500.gif

The ones who "think" they do have been fooled and brain washed.

They ask him for "this and that" but does he give them anything ? no.

Load of crap.

I've never asked Satan for anything!

Definitely never sacrificed a virgin in his name either!

http://media.tumblr.com/0b6c05177b3fc74e6f6683d2a3d17248/tumblr_inline_mnugqlLdBp1qz4rgp.gif

If you are for real?

Tell me , how did you get into Satanism ?

Eva

Eva

Atheist.

I see divinity everywhere in nature. I see nothing divine in the established monotheistic religions, only the ambition to rule over humankind by the use of primitive fear mongering. How dreadful to be asked to worship and love a God out of fear for what happens to you in the afterlife if you choose not to.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 01, 2013, 03:44:19 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 01, 2013, 03:28:52 PM
"an impersonal, abstract, and frankly mechanistic God is nonetheless God" - so the Big Bang could be called God, even though it was simply a one-off, impersonal and non-anthropomorphic event with no consciousness, desires or grand plan of its own.

To determine that, we'd have to settle on a definition for the word God, and if we even move onward from there and say The Big Bang is a God, it would still be a moot conclusion, as we'd have to drastically change, maybe even completely abandon what we consider a God to be in order to reach that.
God in this sense is defined as the First Cause.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteSomething that bothers and confuses me; if you don't worship (I say worship rather than ''believe'' because I think it's perfectly possible to believe in a god without worshipping him/her simply because they are a powerful god/being) God, then no matter how good a person you are, you're going to Hell to be tormented and burned in fire for all eternity.

The concept of burning in Hell is something created by the Catholic Church.  I was recently encouraged to re-read the bible and after doing so I wouldn't even consider them Christian if I'm honest.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2013, 11:00:02 PMThe concept of burning in Hell is something created by the Catholic Church.
It goes back even further, to at least ancient Egypt.

maledoro

maledoro

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on Sep 08, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
Atheist.

I see divinity everywhere in nature. I see nothing divine in the established monotheistic religions, only the ambition to rule over humankind by the use of primitive fear mongering. How dreadful to be asked to worship and love a God out of fear for what happens to you in the afterlife if you choose not to.

This.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM
Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 06, 2013, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:36:33 PM
Haha yeah, rubbish. No one worships Satan.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/232c423f75b2b2b7397762328ff4690e/tumblr_mskxypabRL1spbtxxo1_500.gif

The ones who "think" they do have been fooled and brain washed.

They ask him for "this and that" but does he give them anything ? no.

Load of crap.

I've never asked Satan for anything!

Definitely never sacrificed a virgin in his name either!

http://media.tumblr.com/0b6c05177b3fc74e6f6683d2a3d17248/tumblr_inline_mnugqlLdBp1qz4rgp.gif

Satanism has nothing to do with sacrificing virgins.

Sabby

Sabby

I have a question for the Atheists here. How do you feel about phrases like "Thank God" and "Oh good Lord?"

Even as an Antitheist, I use the words God and Lord in much the same way people swear. The word just comes to you naturally. I know a lot of Atheists have issues with this, but personally I find it quite amusing. Whenever I hear something stupid or hurt myself and say "Oh for the love of God", I'm just swearing. God has been reduced to a curse word.

I tried to get out of this habit by using curses like oh my fictional Christ, but they don't have that natural feel of a good knee jerk f-bomb :(

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 14, 2013, 04:12:14 PM
I have a question for the Atheists here. How do you feel about phrases like "Thank God" and "Oh good Lord?"

Well, those are just knee-jerk responses to whatever suddenly happens for you, aren't they? Personally I don't mind or care or notice when people do it - I do it as well.

Besides, my 'antagonism' is squarely directed at the established dominant religious institutions and how they behave themselves towards others (and their own flock for that matter). As for what people chose to believe in on a personal level, I don't care. People can believe whatever they want or feel like is right for them.

Being an atheist does not necessarily suggest that you're not spiritually minded. It only suggests you don't believe in the singular supreme deity doctrines.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 14, 2013, 04:12:14 PM

They're just common phrases, they don't mean anything except to sound good when the situation calls for it.

As a kid I actually refused to say the lord's name in vain because I was taught it was a sin, but then I saw everyone around me use it constantly, even the religious. I always wondered why they would say it knowing it could condemn them to hell.

Turns out most people are either hypocrites or don't actually believe deep down.

Sabby

Sabby

One I've worked into my vocabulary is "Oh White Jesus" because I find it funny :3

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 14, 2013, 04:40:41 PM
One I've worked into my vocabulary is "Oh White Jesus" because I find it funny :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCpD3xhsY#

maledoro

maledoro

There is a lady who works in the bakery section of a local supermarket who wishes people a blessed day. I used to respond with things like, "May the mighty Zeus favor you and aid you in your endevours" or "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses."

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 15, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
There is a lady who works in the bakery section of a local supermarket who wishes people a blessed day. I used to respond with things like, "May the mighty Zeus favor you and aid you in your endevours" or "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses."
How nice of you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed