Theology (Read 212,412 times)

saintssinphony

saintssinphony

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 08:34:54 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 05, 2013, 08:16:41 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 05, 2013, 06:22:13 PM
Totally against this.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions about who they worship or not.

Against what?
I'm guessing he's against condescending opinions for what somebody might believe in.

Yes, and I'm asking him to please share what he found condescending.

Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 05, 2013, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 05:46:50 PM
I think you misunderstand what Atheist is man. Someone can believe that bioelectricity leaves the body after death and grows into mushrooms that contain the memories of the person and eating them connects us to the universe and still be an Atheist. Atheism says nothing of spiritualism, it simply means "I reject your claim of God"

Do you believe in a Deity? If no, you are an Atheist. If you are open to the possibility but unconvinced, you are an Agnostic Atheist.

I have not tried to define atheism, I'll leave that to someone else, I'm just giving a picture made of broad strokes, of what those who I have known and talked to have shown me.

I believe in no deities or ancient fairy tales.  From what I've seen and experienced they are constructs of man nothing more. 

I'll just leave this here then. Form your own conclusion.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

I agree with you with that definition.  Are you saying you and I are in agreement?  I don't quite see what you are getting at?  Sorry, I'm not trying to joke.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It could be that things don't translate very well through text, but I know that I've felt like your replies Sabby have had a condescending tone.

I know on this kind of subject I'd try to not come off as condescending as much as possible. For example I think it was saintssinphony that says he follows the satanic bible. I personally don't agree with that but if m and him where to get into a conversation comparing our personal beliefs I'd give him the courtesy of not coming off as condescending.

Again, this could just be things getting lost in the translation from hand to keyboard though.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 05, 2013, 08:40:14 PM
It could be that things don't translate very well through text, but I know that I've felt like your replies Sabby have had a condescending tone.

I know on this kind of subject I'd try to not come off as condescending as much as possible. For example I think it was saintssinphony that says he follows the satanic bible. I personally don't agree with that but if m and him where to get into a conversation comparing our personal beliefs I'd give him the courtesy of not coming off as condescending.

Again, this could just be things getting lost in the translation from hand to keyboard though.

If you feel I've been condescending to a 'person', then please, tell me. I would like to know, so I can address it. But I make no such niceness to a persons arguments.

An argument is presented with facts and lives and dies on it's own internal consistency. If you make an argument with conviction alone, your not making an argument at all and I will simply move past it. This may seem like I'm speaking down to the person, but I'm not, I'm walking over something with no relevance to the discussion.

Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 05, 2013, 08:39:11 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 08:34:54 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 05, 2013, 08:16:41 PM
Totally against this.

Against what?
I'm guessing he's against condescending opinions for what somebody might believe in.

Yes, and I'm asking him to please share what he found condescending.

Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 05, 2013, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 05:46:50 PM
I think you misunderstand what Atheist is man. Someone can believe that bioelectricity leaves the body after death and grows into mushrooms that contain the memories of the person and eating them connects us to the universe and still be an Atheist. Atheism says nothing of spiritualism, it simply means "I reject your claim of God"

Do you believe in a Deity? If no, you are an Atheist. If you are open to the possibility but unconvinced, you are an Agnostic Atheist.

I have not tried to define atheism, I'll leave that to someone else, I'm just giving a picture made of broad strokes, of what those who I have known and talked to have shown me.

I believe in no deities or ancient fairy tales.  From what I've seen and experienced they are constructs of man nothing more. 

I'll just leave this here then. Form your own conclusion.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

I agree with you with that definition.  Are you saying you and I are in agreement?  I don't quite see what you are getting at?  Sorry, I'm not trying to joke.

It's a pet peeve of mine when someone says "You know your a Christian" or "It's okay, I know you believe XYZ anyway" so I'm simply refraining from telling you you're an Atheist ^^' I will only say we share views here, but you are a far more spiritual person then I.

Greedo

Greedo

Totally against this.

Against what?

People who are just Atheists ?

Most of them dont like religious poeple and im not talking about going to church im talking about people who believe in God and Jesus.

Its a free world at the end of the day and people and can believe in what they want.

BANE

BANE

All joking and trolling aside, I wonder if there's a word for someone who just doesn't care one way or the other? Because that'd be me.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 05, 2013, 09:31:43 PM
Totally against this.

Against what?

Most of them dont like religious poeple and im not talking about going to church im talking about people who believe in God and Jesus.

Its a free world at the end of the day and people and can believe in what they want.

Yes, disregard everything that's been said so far and just fly off into an emotional outburst that clearly displays you don't understand the topic.

OMG ATHISTS R MEAN ITS A FREE WERLD JUST LET US BELEVE

How about actually educating yourself as to what Atheism is? And better yet, look up the definition of freedom of religion, because I don't think it means you think it does.

Quote from: BANE on Sep 05, 2013, 09:37:19 PM
All joking and trolling aside, I wonder if there's a word for someone who just doesn't care one way or the other? Because that'd be me.

Well played Bane xD You honestly had me going for most of that, well done. I think the term you're looking for is Apatheist, but I'm not certain.

BANE

BANE

There we go.

As you can see, I'm pretty good at getting others to do my research for me.  :laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 05, 2013, 09:31:43 PM
Totally against this.

Against what?

Its a free world so you cant force atheists to like them

Sabby

Sabby

Your free to believe what you want, and people are free to criticize what you believe. Christians are not being oppressed. There is no 'War on Religion', just a slow but overdue dissolving of the taboo of questioning religion.

SM

SM

The overdue dissolving of the taboo of questioning religion that began about 350 years ago, you mean?

Sabby

Sabby

It's a slow process that's thankfully speeding up thanks to free exchange of information.

SM

SM

Poor oppressed atheists.

Sabby

Sabby

I think you forgot the other half of your post that explains the first half.

Greedo

Greedo

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BANE on Sep 05, 2013, 04:29:41 PMHow can you honestly disregard our Lord with the full knowledge that he made you in His own image? It's BEAUTIFUL, and I cry and pray for you each night.
Knowing that every night, next to your bed, you are on your knees talking to yourself with Sabby on your mind is pretty f**king creepy.

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
Hmmm, it sounds like Humanism with Spiritualist elements. I like it.
It sounds like a watered down version of Thelema:
QuoteThe Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

-Anton Szandor LaVey

Liber LXXVII

"the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world." —AL. II. 21

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." —AL. I. 40

"thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay." —AL. I. 42–3

"Every man and every woman is a star." —AL. I. 3

There is no god but man.
1. Man has the right to live by his own law— to live in the way that he wills to do:
to work as he will:
to play as he will:
to rest as he will:
to die when and how he will.

2. Man has the right to eat what he will: to drink what he will:
to dwell where he will:
to move as he will on the face of the earth.

3. Man has the right to think what he will: to speak what he will:
to write what he will:
to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
to dress as he will.

4. Man has the right to love as he will:— "take your fill and will of love as ye will,
when, where, and with whom ye will." —AL. I. 51 5. Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.
"the slaves shall serve." —AL. II. 58

"Love is the law, love under will." —AL. I. 57

- Aleister Crowley

Let's say belief systems were a TV: "To believe in Protestantism, turn to Channel 1. For Catholicism, Channel 2.", and so on. Atheism is simply not switching the TV on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed