Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,059 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 07, 2019, 09:50:08 AM
I've never much liked the Director's Cut to be honest. Mostly because it lops out the "What Are My Chances?" scene, which, combined with the vents right after, is my favourite part of the whole movie.

The only change I come close to wishing was in the theatrical is when they listen to the transmission on the bridge, but then Ridley went and spoilt it by changing the original, creepy as f*ck noise to a really generic one :-\

How about the awesome Lambert Slap? ;D

Regardless of some things I like in the DC, it's only the theatrical cut of Alien for me. Actually, it kind of bothers me that the Director's Cut exists at all, considering the all mighty dollar inspired it, and Ridley still prefers the theatrical cut. I would have opted for all this just to remain as alternate and deleted scenes, but that's just me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

One scene that never got into the DC that I would quite like to see put back in is the one where everybody gathers in the mess after Kane's death and discusses what to do. At the end of the day it's all fairly redundant so I can see why it was never used but there's some fantastic dialogue in there.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: Covenant (2.5/5)

Good music. First half is solid. Second half is where it nosedives.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blood Creek

Not the greatest of movies, but seeing Fassbender as a Nazi vampire necromancer is kind of cool.

Stitch

Stitch

I finally got Steel on DVD. It's still dumb. Shaq is still huge. Richard Roundtree makes a Shaft joke. Superman is not referenced. Judd Nelson chews scenery like he's been denied meals for a year. It's great.

SM

SM

Aladdin - The new one.  I don't see the point.

In The Shadow of the Moon - A bit like 12 Monkeys.  But not a patch on 12 Monkeys.  Wasn't bad, but also wasn't that good.  And had some things that didn't make much sense.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2019, 12:36:21 AM

Me either.

Just a cash grab from what I can tell. They're cranking out 4k's of all their other movies by the bushel.

A deluge of content for the consumer. Yep, it's the money.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2019, 12:36:21 AM

Pretty much how I feel about most of Disney's recent animation to real life remakes.
I have heard good things about Jungle Book but I keep thinking are these really necessary ... oh kaching! That's right.

True story: as a young child who loved to draw all day long my dream was to not work for but to own Disney.

SM

SM

I haven't seen the Jungle Book but I get them doing that one with the mix of live action and advanced photoreal animation, it's something new.  Lion King (which I also haven't seen) I also thought was pointless.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 07, 2019, 10:18:30 PM
I finally got Steel on DVD. It's still dumb. Shaq is still huge. Richard Roundtree makes a Shaft joke. Superman is not referenced. Judd Nelson chews scenery like he's been denied meals for a year. It's great.

That film's hilarious :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2019, 06:01:35 AM
I haven't seen the Jungle Book but I get them doing that one with the mix of live action and advanced photoreal animation, it's something new.  Lion King (which I also haven't seen) I also thought was pointless.

I've been told Lion King is a shot for shot remake.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Fury

Mixed bag of a war movie. A lot of great stuff, but the ending was a bit much and threw me right out of an otherwise pretty gritty and realistic movie.

Plus the the Tiger was great. Super intimidating, a war machine in every sense of the word.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I really enjoyed Fury. It's hard to accept it's from the same director of Suicide Squad and Sabotage. Plus the guy wrote Training Day!  David Ayer is such a mxed bag.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

All too true.

But wasn't he shafted by studio decisions with Suicide Squad? May confuse it with some other DC movie though.

At least Sabotage had this in the so bad it's good department:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I mentioned it when I re-watched it a little while back - I love the first three quarters of Fury, and I love the final quarter, I just wish they felt like the same movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed