Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,421 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The original Paranormal Activity scared me the very first time I watched it, but on repeat viewings it just doesn't do it for me anymore.  Alien 3 was the first movie I saw of the series when I was eight and it left me with a fear of air ducts, which I still genuinely have today at thirty three.  The Thing is the only horror movie that still scares me, particularly the scene where Bennings is still changing and the crew catch him.  The sound it makes creeps me the f**k out

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 01, 2019, 01:48:24 AM
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (2/5)

I love you Huggs but man... 2/5??
One of the greatest sci-fi films of all time or is this just your unusual rating system at work again. You're a mysterious man my friend :D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Blues Brothers 2000
While nowhere near as good as the first one, the music and all the guest stars they managed to get to appear makes up for it

Wayne's World
I laugh every time, especially during the product placement scene. And i'd love to think that Wayne's World takes place in the same Universe as Blues Brothers....which technically it does lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 01, 2019, 12:20:22 PM
Blues Brothers 2000
While nowhere near as good as the first one, the music and all the guest stars they managed to get to appear makes up for it

I forget why they couldn't get Jim Belushi to star in his late brother's role, but I sure wish he had.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Arctic (2018)
Excellent survival drama where Mads Mikkelsen has crashed his plane on the North Pole and is waiting for help. The rescue party eventually arrives but the helicopter crashes. Now he and a wounded woman who survived have to take on the harsh weather, slippery mountains and a hungry polar bear, while they embark on a deadly trek through the unknown in hopes of making it out alive. Great acting by Mads and not too long (90+ mins.). If you enjoyed The Revenant, All Is Lost and Cast Away you'll have a good time with this. 8/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Thor: Ragnarok

"You're just using me to get to the Hulk! Disgusting." :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The day the earth stood still - the remake (2/5)

razeak

razeak

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 01, 2019, 05:04:01 AM
The original Paranormal Activity scared me the very first time I watched it, but on repeat viewings it just doesn't do it for me anymore.  Alien 3 was the first movie I saw of the series when I was eight and it left me with a fear of air ducts, which I still genuinely have today at thirty three.  The Thing is the only horror movie that still scares me, particularly the scene where Bennings is still changing and the crew catch him.  The sound it makes creeps me the f**k out

Haha no joke. I had to run a few miles of cables in a building once and crawling in the suspended ceiling and between walls definitely had me a little creeped out. I have a bit of anxiety in ducts and tunnels like that because of the movies. It didn't help that it was security ceiling tiles and it was eerily remniscient of the Alien series.

Also, I live where the Mothman legend is from. Try sitting in the woods at 430 AM by yourself (deer hunting) in the area he was allegedly sighted in. Your mind will mess with you then.

Anyways, Chopping Mall. 5/10, silly fun.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 01, 2019, 08:10:40 PM
Arctic (2018)
Excellent survival drama where Mads Mikkelsen has crashed his plane on the North Pole and is waiting for help. The rescue party eventually arrives but the helicopter crashes. Now he and a wounded woman who survived have to take on the harsh weather, slippery mountains and a hungry polar bear, while they embark on a deadly trek through the unknown in hopes of making it out alive. Great acting by Mads and not too long (90+ mins.). If you enjoyed The Revenant, All Is Lost and Cast Away you'll have a good time with this. 8/10

Great film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 01, 2019, 01:11:03 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 01, 2019, 12:20:22 PM
Blues Brothers 2000

I forget why they couldn't get Jim Belushi to star in his late brother's role, but I sure wish he had.

He'd signed on to do a TV show before they offered him the role in BB2000. So they wouldnt let him out of his contract to do it. So they rewrote the role for Joe Morton instead

Wayne's World 2
Another SNL film that isnt as good as the original, but some of its off kilter stuff more than makes up for it

VHS
Really enjoyed this anthology. Some great stories

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 02, 2019, 12:04:25 PM
Wayne's World 2
Another SNL film that isnt as good as the original, but some of its off kilter stuff more than makes up for it

My girlfriend's in there.

A lot of people's girlfriends are in there.

:laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Shallows (1/5)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Ghost and the Darkness

Underrated.  One of my all time favorites

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 02, 2019, 07:19:27 PM

One of the very few animal(s) vs humans movies I like.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 02, 2019, 07:19:27 PM

"I'm going to sort it out"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed