Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,056 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 14, 2018, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
The Armor of God

Or is that Operation Condor 2? :laugh: This is pretty cool for the most part, and only really falters when the annoying love triangle shit takes center stage at the least appropriate time.

That is one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies  :laugh: There was rumors of a third film being made.

Chinese Zodiac was supposed to be the third one, but the connections are supposedly loose.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Godfather, part 3 (1990)
Pretty good but not that great compared to the first two. Too bad we didn't get to see an adaptation of the original script.

Maniac Cop (1988)
Not great, but certainly bad.

Maniac Cop 2 (1990)
Decent movie as far as horror sequels go.
And some proper late 80's/early 90's elements like a small dose of nudity because of a sleazy strip bar scene. And cars explode pretty fast during chases and such.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Legend of Drunken Master

Some great fight scenes, and generally well made, but the handful of serious scenes really don't mesh with the rest of it. And I'm kind of glad they cut the ending scene for the US release, it sounded incredibly f**ked up.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 14, 2018, 11:59:19 AMPassenger 57
Bruce Payne really forces Wesley Snipes to up his game

Not among my favourites, it's just a bit too mediocre, but it does contain possibly my favourite one-liner of all time ("Always bet on black!" Accompanied by that cheesy-as-f*ck zoom shot :laugh:)

Lol I always chuckle at that.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Watched Deadpool 2, had a good time, lifted me out of my depression for a bit... also saw The Predator trailer with it.

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished Justice League. Yikes. Made dawn of justice look like a Spielberg film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on May 16, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
Just finished Justice League. Yikes. Made dawn of justice look like a Spielberg film.

brunch  :-\  >:(

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 16, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

The cast did fine. What killed it for me was that the story just felt stinky and the bad guy kinda sucked. He looked like one of the guys from Jack the Giant Slayer, and he really didn't do much. And Bruce acting so guilty was unnecessary. He didn't kill superman, nor did they part as enemies. He saved Clark's mom for goodness sake. That whole plot point really felt out of place.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on May 16, 2018, 04:20:37 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 16, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

The cast did fine. What killed it for me was that the story just felt stinky and the bad guy kinda sucked. He looked like one of the guys from Jack the Giant Slayer, and he really didn't do much. And Bruce acting so guilty was unnecessary. He didn't kill superman, nor did they part as enemies. He saved Clark's mom for goodness sake. That whole plot point really felt out of place.

Smacked of two directors with two very different visions ... oh and one very confused studio who meddles in everything.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Predator 1 & 2 - Was listening to the Predator soundtrack on Youtube and it got me in the mood to watch the movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd really like to get the Predator scores, but they go for silly money these days.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 16, 2018, 02:37:24 PM
I'd really like to get the Predator scores, but they go for silly money these days.

Tried Discogs?
Found this one https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/546190596

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 16, 2018, 03:18:32 PMTried Discogs?
Found this one https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/546190596

I hadn't, but if I'm honest I'd yet to start seriously hunting.

Discogs is always a good place to get rare stuff, though. Way more obscure items than eBay and far lower prices than Amazon.

Huggs

Huggs

AVPR: Unrated on Blu-ray. This was about the fifth time I've seen it, and I'm anxious to watch the first one again. I won't say for certain, but after years of preferring AVPR due to wolf and it's more graphic content, the cast and environment have finally started to weigh on me. I may be changing my opinion on which of the two is my favorite. What is the world coming to?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

A great pair of movies. The joke are a little more hit and miss in the sequel (harbulary batteries, anyone?), but I'd argue it tells a better story with stronger characterization and more emotional heft. And that ending is goddamn perfect. :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed