Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,901 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

I missed the first 50 minutes or so, but what I saw was really, really good. I'm glad they actually took their time with this and made the best possible movie, especially after how lackluster the second was. Dan Stevens was awesome as per usual, and the part at the end when Robin Williams says goodbye... :'(

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

John Wick

Just... so... goddamn good!! 

MudButt

MudButt

Reign of Fire

Such a fun movie, don't understand the hate towards it from critics. The visuals still look great, Matt McBaldaughey, and a badass Helicopter scene. I mean jeeze, what a flick.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Fantastic film. And the ending... :'(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Police Story 3: Supercop

Not as good as the first movie, but better than the second. That f**king drug dealer meeting, holy shit.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Police Story 4: First Strike

The step ladder fight was awesome, but the rest was just kind of okay. And it has f**k all to do with Police Story, apart from the handful of appearances by Bill Tung. So yeah, not my favorite.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies and Night at the Museum 3

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Die Farbe

This was actually rather good for the most part, even if the double framing device seemed a little pointless and the actual visualization of the color itself was a little underwhelming... then the ending went and implied a whole bunch of crap that honestly didn't make any sense to me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

These tears.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alien with my little bro. 8)

It Follows

Well, that was fantastic. There was some excellent use of sound and camera work.

Russ

Russ

Hercules. (the one with the Rock).

Why all the hate, I thought it was ace. Just light entertainment, great Sunday afternoon fare.

Spoiler
I thought it was great when the big bad actually upholds his end of the deal and pays Herc and company for the work that they've done. Evil. But classy.
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

Interstellar

Anyone who wasn't 100% on board with the film after their first viewing should definitely give it a second watch, it gets better with each viewing in my opinion. Such a visual masterpiece, and you kind of accept the story, since you know it's coming and it isn't such a curve ball anymore.

8.5/10

Furious 7 (probably my first in-depth review so don't judge to much, just really had to talk about this movie.)

Just got back from this, and I've been a fan of these films since the first one was released all of those years ago, and as a fan I've seen them all in theaters. The first 4 films had many issues, brainless car movies with half naked women and ridiculous plots only smart enough to somehow get us to the next race scene, but Fast Five changed the franchise for the better, it became one of the action franchise peaks of the current film age. Furious 6, while not as fresh and amazing as the film before it, still upped the ante of stunts, fights, action, and special effects, ladies and gents, Furious 7, has repeated this feat. Now, before I get into my review I want to make something clear from the bottom of my heart, if you aren't a fan of the films, if Fast Five didn't even make you a fan, then just stay away from this movie because your negative comments are just not needed. Do yourself and others the favor and go see some indie micro budget film to critique or whatever, leave this gem alone. Now, to my review, I will do my best to steer away from spoilers but there are certain things I want to discuss, so, as a special warning just in case, if you don't mind potentially getting spoiled certain plot points or action scenes, read, but do not fear, I will not reveal how they handle Walker at the end. Here I go :

Spoiler
Furious 7 is exactly what this year needed to kick off the summer, over the top, cartoonish, exciting, macho action. The cast is smaller, but they keep the amazing chemistry from the last two movies. Now, the plot isn't great, but it works in a way that gets our characters from setpiece to setpiece. I was pumped the entire film, I wanted to punch the person next to me from all the testosterone I was feeling. Jason Statham is established as a badass in the first scene, we know he's a threat. We learn our characters are adjusting to a life without bullets firing at them, and Brian O'Connor is having the most trouble, trading in his Skyline for a Mini-Van, which gives us a hilarious scene. Statham's character basically acquires the info needed to locate the team who took down his brother, after a brutal fight with The Rock, which lands Hobbs in the hospital. After a brutal first meeting between Vin Diesel and Statham we are introduced to Kurt Russel's Mr. Nobody, a black ops agent who offers the team a deal, find a hacker with technology known as God's Eye, a device which can locate anyone, anywhere, after they find it, he will let them use it to find Shaw and take him down. Of course this is all they need to get us to our first big action scene.

There are 3 major action scenes, and a nice little warehouse scene in between the second and third act. All of them are fantastic. Look, we know what to expect, physics being completely ignored, realism tossed out the window, and insane stunts. James Wan does a great job of directing the action, while Lin may have been a bit better, Wan definitely shows he is more than capable to take over the franchise. Statham makes a great villain, the franchise's first great villain. One of the biggest positive points of this movie besides the action is the chemistry between the main characters, you can tell they are all really good friends off the camera, which helps the humor and really makes us believe they care about each other.

Now, for the issues, the film makes a point that they need this God's Eye device to find Statham, however Staham's character is constantly showing up to foil their plans, which kind of makes this tech pretty useless if all they have to do is wait outside for Shaw to come and find them. Another big let down were 3 characters being underused in my opinion, The Rock is missing from the entire second act and only returns in the last maybe 25 minutes of the movie. His scenes are all highlights though. Also Tony Jaa and Djimonn Hounsou have relatively minor roles, but Jaa has an awesome fight scene with Walker in the second act. Other than that, I really had no issues with the movie.

One issue, well not an issue, just a personal problem, is this ominous feel of death throughout the movie, it's heartbreaking to know that Walker is truly gone, and there at least 2 instances where he almost dies, and it just makes you think even more about his tragic death. I have to give Wan props though, they really achieved a great deal by completing this movie and making it so good, there are scenes where you may be able to tell when there is CGI used or doubles, but it isn't obvious unless you look for it. The handling of his character at his end is perfect, I was actually in tears, it's a shame he is gone but what they did to give him a proper send off was perfect. Please, if you see the movie, clap at the end, out of respect for a great man.

The entire cast brought their A-Game, Kurt Russel was so believable as this wise-cracking, bad-ass Nick Fury type agent, the comedy is great, it's actually a very funny movie. The Rock is easily the king of one-liners. I look forward to seeing where they go with the franchise, should they choose to continue it. Please everyone, support the film. It's great, it's fun, go have a good time and say goodbye to Paul Walker, it may be his last ride, but he'll always been remembered by the charisma and greatness he brought to these movies. 8.5/10
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cronos

Best vampire movie? Maybe.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Last Temptation Of Christ

Now an Easter tradition, this film is just... interesting. Love the Peter Gabriel score and the brief appearance of David Bowie       8/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mimic- Director's Cut

This was actually rather good, even if the pacing feels completely off and one of the characters pulls a Dr. Loomis and survives a massive point blank gas explosion to the face. Well, that and the most interesting ideas del Toro had for the movie are nowhere to be seen.

And holy shit, that Norman Reedus cameo. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed