Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,575 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Same. Looking forward to it.

Stitch

Stitch

Evil Dead Rise

Just got back from the cinema. Solid movie. Really, really good effects, and so gory. I liked the nods to continuity and the way everything is set up as well.

Really good film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

The good version.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Beau is Afraid

Ummmmm, what just happened?  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 22, 2023, 09:07:39 PMBeau is Afraid

Spoiler
My mind immediately went right to Patrick Muldoon's death in Starship Troopers during, well, I'm sure you know which scene. ;)
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 22, 2023, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 22, 2023, 09:07:39 PMBeau is Afraid

Spoiler
My mind immediately went right to Patrick Muldoon's death in Starship Troopers during, well, I'm sure you know which scene. ;)
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, Beau's dad was a bit of a dick.
[close]

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The Evil Dead (1981)

Wanted to revisit the original classic  :)

"Join us!"

Stitch

Stitch

Currently watching Scream 2022. Didn't bother with it in the cinema because I figured it was just going to be a lazy legacy sequel cash in.

Surprisingly, it seems fairly good so far.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cutthroat Island

Eh, not the worst thing I've, but not all that good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 23, 2023, 10:50:40 PMCutthroat Island

Eh, not the worst thing I've seen, but not all that good.

To this day I do not understand why that film has such a miserable reputation. I actually think it's a lot of fun, and far better than basically every Pirates of the Caribbean film after the first one.

I still absolutely cannot work out how they did the stunt where Geena Davis goes through a window, rolls down a roof and then falls into the driving seat of the carriage racing past underneath, all in one continuous shot.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 23, 2023, 01:43:29 PMThe Evil Dead (1981)

"Join us!"

Haven't seen this one since the late 80s but I do remember the tone of this was far more sinister with very little humour or camp that the sequel(s) bought to the mix. That forest rape scene was notoriously shocking back then.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Prez on Apr 24, 2023, 12:05:14 PM

"Join us!"

Haven't seen this one since the late 80s but I do remember the tone of this was far more sinister with very little humour or camp that the sequel(s) bought to the mix. That forest rape scene was notoriously shocking back then.

During the video nasties era here in the UK Sam Rami was sued under the video obscenities act and was brought to court here in Leeds.  He won the case but it still affected Sam so when Evil Dead II was made he made it humourous with green demon blood, etc.  I'm going off memory here so I might have some details wrong on that. I do know for years the early UK releases of The Evil Dead were cut to ribbons then years later the BBFC finally released the film fully uncut.

I hope you revisit The Evil Dead someday  :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2023, 07:42:18 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 23, 2023, 10:50:40 PMCutthroat Island

Eh, not the worst thing I've seen, but not all that good.

To this day I do not understand why that film has such a miserable reputation. I actually think it's a lot of fun, and far better than basically every Pirates of the Caribbean film after the first one.

I still absolutely cannot work out how they did the stunt where Geena Davis goes through a window, rolls down a roof and then falls into the driving seat of the carriage racing past underneath, all in one continuous shot.

Like I said, I don't hate it. It did seem to be common practice in the 90s for the press to go after any film with a huge budget, as if being massively expensive was some sort of crime against art.

Stitch

Stitch

The Pope's Exorcist is a weird film. It's somewhere between terrible and brilliant, and it has Russell Crowe with a fake Italian accent for the whole thing, riding a scooter whilst wearing red sunglasses. It's kinda like what if an exorcist movie was also a superhero movie, and maybe an Indiana Jones movie, but also not totally a good movie.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 24, 2023, 02:56:53 PM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 24, 2023, 12:05:14 PM

"Join us!"

During the video nasties era here in the UK Sam Rami was sued under the video obscenities act and was brought to court here in Leeds.  He won the case but it still affected Sam so when Evil Dead II was made he made it humourous with green demon blood, etc.  I'm going off memory here so I might have some details wrong on that. I do know for years the early UK releases of The Evil Dead were cut to ribbons then years later the BBFC finally released the film fully uncut.

I hope you revisit The Evil Dead someday  :)

Wow! I never knew that backstory. Thanks for the intel @xeno_alpha_07 ... very interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed