A Quiet Place re-using Kurzel’s score for Covenant

Started by GrimmVision, Apr 13, 2024, 10:42:13 PM

Author
A Quiet Place re-using Kurzel’s score for Covenant (Read 1,467 times)

GrimmVision

I thought this interesting. Jed Kurzel's original tracks "Spores" and "The Med Bay" from Alien: Covenant's score have been spliced up and interspersed throughout the trailers for A Quite Place since 2017, save for Part 2's trailers.

A bit like Bishop's Countdown from Aliens being used in a multitude of action movie trailers back in the day.

While I know it doesn't necessarily matter given it's just a trailer, I can't help but be a tad annoyed about it because Kurzel's score for Covenant is pretty iconic and it should've at least been nominated for something at the Oscars. It's likely my favorite Alien film score, next to Goldenthal's work for Alien 3 of course!

That ghostly, breathy, and otherworldly synth - reminiscent of the alarm sound from Alien's 1979 trailer, is so connected to the Neomorphs in my brain that it just doesn't make sense to hear within another franchise, let alone one that also utilizes monsters from outer space :-\

This trailer for the A Quiet Place was released in November of 2017, just 6 months after Covenant came out.

For the latest entry, A Quiet Place: Day One, Paramount decided to again reuse these original pieces from Covenant.

Nightmare Asylum

Hate this so much, because I thought the first Quiet Place was absolutely dire, but every time I hear these cues in a trailer for one of these movies while I'm in the theater my head whips up in excitement for a split second before I realize what it actually is.

Corporal Hicks

I've been used to this for a long time because of Bishop's Countdown, and also other science fiction using bits from the Stargate soundtrack. It's just something that's never bothered me, and I appreciate seeing the love shared around.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2024, 12:28:24 AMHate this so much, because I thought the first Quiet Place was absolutely dire, but every time I hear these cues in a trailer for one of these movies while I'm in the theater my head whips up in excitement for a split second before I realize what it actually is.

This$$$$s! :o👍

TheDerelict

They've been doing this for decades. Flicking through Amazon prime the other day and came across a keifer Sutherland film called eye for an eye from 1996. The trailer uses "going after newt" aliens soundtrack.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed