News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 564,523 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ingwar

Ingwar

oduodu

Sorry

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45656

"reportedly Scott claims engineers return in the sequel"

Can anyone confirm validity ?

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 20, 2017, 10:58:41 PM
Sorry

Sounds intriguing, and I'm glad to hear that the Engineers will be back in a major role. Also, presumably, this was the plan when they made Covenant, so I was just overreacting to what I thought was the Engineers being written out of the series altogether. The implication of 3-4 factions converging for the sequel is exciting. What are the other two groups besides the Engineers and the Covenant colonists? Will the being seen in the Prometheus mural beside the Engineer finally make an appearance? Competing factions of humans, perhaps?

Evanus

Well that sounds great!  :o

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 20, 2017, 11:20:59 PM
Sorry

Sounds intriguing, and I'm glad to hear that the Engineers will be back in a major role. Also, presumably, this was the plan went y wrote Covenant, so I was just overreacting to what I thought was the Engineers being written out of the series altogether. The implication of 3-4 factions converging for the sequel is exciting. What are the other two groups besides the Engineers and the Covenant colonists? Will the being seen in the Prometheus mural beside the Engineer finally make an appearance? Competing factions of humans, perhaps?

In another forum someone commented that perhaps a proto faction of the Colonial Marines could come to play since this will be two expeditions that have gone missing, and Weyland-Yutani wants to know what occurred especially now that more than 2,000 colonists have vanished. They might send a team of these proto Colonial Marines to investigate. 

I have a suspicion that David might actually be going to Paradise to eradicate the engineer race once and for all.

If the engineers arrive on Planet 4, they will find Walter and ask him who killed their people. Once he tells him that it was David, they will surely go after him, and if he's going to Paradise, the film will become a race against time since he could have created an army of Xeno and protomorphs to destroy the Paradisian population.   

In the middle of this, if the Colonial Marines are involved, they will find themselves in the middle of this, and literally becomes what Scott talked about being 'war of the worlds'. 

In the end, Lindelof was right. It was a diversion to seed the ideas of what's going to occur in this final film, though that's if its gets made after Covenant's lackluster performance.

Let's see what happens.

acidreign

The exact interview where Ridley plainly states the Engineers will return.

BishopShouldGo

Ridley you have lost your f**king mind.

BonesawT101

Ridley, you legend!

Ingwar

Scott: where we go next is obvious. We're going actually go to the planet. Which planet? :)

oduodu

Now this:

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45664

The engineers no longer created us?

Evanus

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 21, 2017, 11:17:29 PM
Now this:

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45664

The engineers no longer created us?
They did create us. That person just didn't understand the quote.

Corporal Hicks

Iirc that quote was actually about who created the Aliens.

SM

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 20, 2017, 11:46:48 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 20, 2017, 11:20:59 PM
Sorry

Sounds intriguing, and I'm glad to hear that the Engineers will be back in a major role. Also, presumably, this was the plan went y wrote Covenant, so I was just overreacting to what I thought was the Engineers being written out of the series altogether. The implication of 3-4 factions converging for the sequel is exciting. What are the other two groups besides the Engineers and the Covenant colonists? Will the being seen in the Prometheus mural beside the Engineer finally make an appearance? Competing factions of humans, perhaps?

In another forum someone commented that perhaps a proto faction of the Colonial Marines could come to play since this will be two expeditions that have gone missing, and Weyland-Yutani wants to know what occurred especially now that more than 2,000 colonists have vanished. They might send a team of these proto Colonial Marines to investigate. 

I have a suspicion that David might actually be going to Paradise to eradicate the engineer race once and for all.

If the engineers arrive on Planet 4, they will find Walter and ask him who killed their people. Once he tells him that it was David, they will surely go after him, and if he's going to Paradise, the film will become a race against time since he could have created an army of Xeno and protomorphs to destroy the Paradisian population.   

In the middle of this, if the Colonial Marines are involved, they will find themselves in the middle of this, and literally becomes what Scott talked about being 'war of the worlds'. 

In the end, Lindelof was right. It was a diversion to seed the ideas of what's going to occur in this final film, though that's if its gets made after Covenant's lackluster performance.

Let's see what happens.

Has Covenant vanished?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed