Your Killers

Started by #6.0, Mar 20, 2010, 07:56:52 AM

Author
Your Killers (Read 26,054 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Mar 20, 2010, 02:47:06 PM
I don`t want to hurt your feelings

I dont see how you'd be hurting my feelings. I read enough to be pretty sure of the things I say.

but this is just the way it is. Nobody ever concurred Afghanistan.

The objective is not to conquer, but to restructure. The big difference between the coalition and Russia, is Russia had the United States on the other end of the pipe feeding the Afghanies supplies, weapons, and limited training. Just like the communists fed the NVA and VC.

Again, a war of attrition is not a good measure of the strength of individual fighters. An IED can castrate a dozen men, that doesnt make the person who placed the IED a good pick for hunting, and battling in "single combat."

The Predators are picking well trained, experienced fighters to contend with, or at least well trained persons who know how to kill effectively. The doctor/surgeon would have very detailed understandings of human anatomy and the quickest method to kill them. This kind of information could be used against the Predators given that they are humanoids.

It is quite impossible excluding genocide of it`s population.

You increase their literacy rate, schools, books, bring their employment rate above single digits. Make being a law abiding citizen more prosperous than being a terrorist, and you win.

And first bad move which is leading to failure in war is underestimating your enemy. ::)

...And knowing your enemy is the first step to winning, and most importantly you do not let politicians make decisions relating to warfare. Giving your opponent can be just as lethal. Hesitation can make you just as dead.

Again, I think the Predators have chosen a pretty solid group of killers to toy with.

#6.0

#6.0

Instead of not reading the post, and arguing over who is the better killer, is anyone going to post their picks? From today or from history?

Master

Master

QuoteThe Predators are picking well trained, experienced fighters to contend with, or at least well trained persons who know how to kill effectively.
I think that Afghanistan partisans also have individuals that would make predator interested. Think about it, they are fighting somewhat endless war. They have poor equipment and still are able to resist. Their skills combined with radical interpretation of their religion makes them tough opponent.

QuoteYou increase their literacy rate, schools, books, bring their employment rate above single digits. Make being a law abiding citizen more prosperous than being a terrorist, and you win.
And how you`d do this? They do believe that killing infidels and dieing while doing so is straight way to heaven. Do you really believe that you can give them better offern than their priests?

Quote...And knowing your enemy is the first step to winning, and most importantly you do not let politicians make decisions relating to warfare. Giving your opponent can be just as lethal. Hesitation can make you just as dead.
You should also estimate you chanses for winning. And if you know your enemy you should be aware that some wars can`t be won.

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

Has anyone confirmed that Royce is a Merc? as far as the trailer and teaser and such have shown, he's a soldier in an unamed army.
Also, where has there been anything that says a Yakuza is a sword expert? Yes they're wear tattoos like you and i wear clothes but from what i know Yakuza are Japanese Mafia that use guns - so this leads me to believe that Hanzo is either Samurai or Ninja trained.

#6.0

#6.0

i promise you he is a merc

Highland

Highland

Quote from: The Mercenary on Mar 20, 2010, 11:02:49 PM
Has anyone confirmed that Royce is a Merc? as far as the trailer and teaser and such have shown, he's a soldier in an unamed army.
Also, where has there been anything that says a Yakuza is a sword expert? Yes they're wear tattoos like you and i wear clothes but from what i know Yakuza are Japanese Mafia that use guns - so this leads me to believe that Hanzo is either Samurai or Ninja trained.

Samurai and Ninja don't swan about in tailor made suits. Plus the sword will be for cool factor.

Spoiler
Doesn't he find it on the planet anyway? Ive not read the script
[close]

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Highland on Mar 20, 2010, 11:31:45 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
i'm pretty sure he has it with him. They all have their weapons with them.
[close]

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

Spoiler
He finds the sword in Nolands cave, and i said was he a ninja/samurai working for the Yakuza?
[close]

Boratz

Boratz

Here's seven people I'd use as killers:

1. Instead of a merc a Delta Force Sergent - Don't know who it should be played by

2. I guess I'd leave the female South American blacks ops soldier - Isabelle

3. S.A.S. soldier - Don't care who plays him

4. The Yakuzu hitman - I guess the same actor

5. An Italin Mafai hitman - Still don't care

6. The disgraced doctor by day and serial killer by night - I would keep Topher Grace, he has that character where you would not expect him to be a psychopath

7. African Death Squad - Still don't care

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Boratz on Mar 20, 2010, 11:41:01 PM
Here's seven people I'd use as killers:

1. Instead of a merc a Delta Force Sergent - Don't know who it should be played by

Keith David. ;D

Highland

Highland

Quote from: The Mercenary on Mar 20, 2010, 11:40:40 PM
Spoiler
He finds the sword in Nolands cave, and i said was he a ninja/samurai working for the Yakuza?
[close]

I'm not up on my Japanese gangs , I thought Ninja and Samurai where separate crafts, I didn't think you could be a Ninja Yakuza? could be wrong. He cleary say's in the trailer Yakuza though.

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

Quote from: Highland on Mar 20, 2010, 11:46:48 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I'm not up on my Japanese gangs , I thought Ninja and Samurai where separate crafts, I didn't think you could be a Ninja Yakuza? could be wrong. He cleary say's in the trailer Yakuza though.
Just my theory, i can't find anything that says a Yakuza wield swords, infact they are'nt even secretive. But my thought was Hamzo is a Yakuza who's been trained in the Ninja arts or even a Samurai master. Samurai is nomore than a sword fighting style now, like anyother martial arts.

Mutha_Brucka

Mutha_Brucka

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2010, 11:35:39 PM
Quote from: Highland on Mar 20, 2010, 11:31:45 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
i'm pretty sure he has it with him. They all have their weapons with them.
[close]

Spoiler
He lands on the planet with some sort of machine gun. He finds the sword in Nolans hide out.
[close]

Master

Master

Quote from: The Mercenary on Mar 20, 2010, 11:53:53 PM
Quote from: Highland on Mar 20, 2010, 11:46:48 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Just my theory, i can't find anything that says a Yakuza wield swords, infact they are'nt even secretive. But my thought was Hamzo is a Yakuza who's been trained in the Ninja arts or even a Samurai master. Samurai is nomore than a sword fighting style now, like anyother martial arts.

Samurai - Japanese knight. Non existent for +/- 200 years.

Ninja - Japanese assassins. Have nothing to do with samurai, and used ninja-to weapon which is a sword different all together from katana.

Yakuza - Japanese crime groups like Italian Mafia e.g. Have nothing to do with samurai not ninja, as they didn`t originated form nobleman nor ninja clans. They are known for tattoos that cover their whole body.

I don`t know why Yakuza is associated with sword in media, it is probably due to generic vision of Japanese character.

Adey

Adey

I'd only change one and that would be isabelle i'd use Michelle rodrigues, damn shes fine! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed