Aliens novels chronology

Started by Magneto, Mar 07, 2010, 08:31:34 PM

Author
Aliens novels chronology (Read 41,908 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Perhaps they went their separate ways after War and then found each-other again after Hunter's Planet?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a bit of a stretch. It's just best to think of them are two different sequels IMHO.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To each their own I suppose. :)

Atmanix

Atmanix

I know this thread is a few months old but it seemed like the best place to ask this question.  I apologize if my first post here is considered disruptive for necroing  :-\

Lately I've been re-watching the Aliens and Alien Vs Predator movies along with playing the new Alien Vs Predator (well, not really new) game.  There are things I wish I knew more about, especially since I have to collect Royal Jelly in the game and I have no idea what it is.  This has gotten me into the mood to learn more about this universe and it dawned on me that there are a ton of books out there.

The problem is I have no idea where to start.  I've read through the literature menu at the beginning, and after reading through the posts here I believe the correct order for this is:

--Prequel
Aliens Steel Egg

--Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

--First 3 books
Aliens Earth Hive (Book 1)
Aliens Asylum (Book 2)
Aliens The female war (Book 3)

--Can be read in any order
Aliens Genocide
Aliens Alien Harvest
Aliens Rogue
Aliens Labyrinth
Aliens Berserker
Aliens Music of the spears
Alien Resurrection (Movie)
Aliens Original Sin

Can someone confirm that for me?  I'm 90% sure I have it right based on what I've read here but I'm just looking for a final say in the matter.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Pretty sure A:R is in the movies section too.

Atmanix

Atmanix

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 16, 2010, 03:50:42 PM
Pretty sure A:R is in the movies section too.

Right, I was just trying to put them in order.  Did A:R follow right after Alien 3?  I can't remember much about the movie anymore.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Right after no, it's 202 years after all. But it is a sequel, yes.

Atmanix

Atmanix

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 16, 2010, 04:02:26 PM
Right after no, it's 202 years after all. But it is a sequel, yes.

Ahh, that's right.  Thank you.  I think I have it then.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Atmanix on Nov 16, 2010, 03:42:12 PM
Aliens Genocide
Aliens Alien Harvest
Aliens Rogue
Aliens Labyrinth
Aliens Berserker

These books have to occur after the Earth invasion, i.e. after Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum, and Female War, since the novel versions make references to things that occurred in those first three books.

Atmanix

Atmanix

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2010, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: Atmanix on Nov 16, 2010, 03:42:12 PM
Aliens Genocide
Aliens Alien Harvest
Aliens Rogue
Aliens Labyrinth
Aliens Berserker
Alien Resurrection (Movie)
Aliens Original Sin

These books have to occur after the Earth invasion, i.e. after Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum, and Female War, since the novel versions make references to things that occurred in those first three books.

Right, that's why I listed them below those 3 books.  Sorry, I should have been clearer with my post.  It was meant to be followed top to bottom.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, and I accidentally included Alien Rez and Aliens Original Sin.  I'll fix that.  Also, Berserker is after Music of the Spears.

SM

SM

Berserker should take place a lot earlier than MOTS.  MOTS is well after Earth has been repopulated.  Berserker takes place within a year or two of the Earth invasion.

predxeno

predxeno

The Berserker novel came out later than MOTS and it's after MOTS in Aliens Omnibus 4.

SM

SM

Maybe so, but dialogue places AvP - War, the sequel to Berserker, places it within a couple of years of the Earth invasion.  MOTS is a couple of decades after.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

A couple decades? What was the date on the back of the paperback copy (which was off by 100 years or something).

Also what was that dialogue in AvPWar? It's been a long time since I read it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed