Aliens vs Avengers

Started by MudButt, Apr 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM

Author
Aliens vs Avengers (Read 4,266 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Iron Man, Captain America, and Captain Marvel are all confirmed, via the cover. Looks like pretty traditional iterations of them, as far as I can tell. Beyond that, jury's out, I guess.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hopefully it will be revealed that it was a late April Fool's joke, and the real comic is a manga brimming with 80s synthwave atmosphere 8)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Of all the crossovers we never got, I was amazed at the lack of Alien/Species when Dark Horse had both. Not so much as a "Vs" but rather the Sil type hybrids being another bio weapon like the neomorph. The fact that Species II features black goo making victims undergo metamorphosis into a violent Gigeresque creature bent on sexual reproduction seems a totally missed opportunity for an Alien-universe crossover to me.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I bet SiL never quite got over that either.

Wweyland

Wweyland

We never got a RoboCop crossover either (not sure that was Dark Horse though).

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 23, 2024, 12:06:09 AMOf all the crossovers we never got, I was amazed at the lack of Alien/Species when Dark Horse had both. Not so much as a "Vs" but rather the Sil type hybrids being another bio weapon like the neomorph. The fact that Species II features black goo making victims undergo metamorphosis into a violent Gigeresque creature bent on sexual reproduction seems a totally missed opportunity for an Alien-universe crossover to me.

Didn't know that was something I wanted until right now. Wtf

I need check out the Species series. Only seen the first one (when I was way too young to be watching it lol)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 23, 2024, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 23, 2024, 12:06:09 AMOf all the crossovers we never got, I was amazed at the lack of Alien/Species when Dark Horse had both. Not so much as a "Vs" but rather the Sil type hybrids being another bio weapon like the neomorph. The fact that Species II features black goo making victims undergo metamorphosis into a violent Gigeresque creature bent on sexual reproduction seems a totally missed opportunity for an Alien-universe crossover to me.

Didn't know that was something I wanted until right now. Wtf

I need check out the Species series. Only seen the first one (when I was way too young to be watching it lol)

There's only the first and second movie worth watching (imo).. I turned off Species 3 around 15mins in, and never bothered with the 4th (they went straight-to-video B-movies from 3 onwards) but I love the first two! 😃

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Is it just me, or is this a terrible idea?

Aliens vs Predator made sense, but this sounds crap.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 25, 2024, 08:20:17 AMIs it just me, or is this a terrible idea?

It's not just you.

SiL

SiL

It doesn't make much sense beyond marquee value.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 25, 2024, 08:20:17 AMIs it just me, or is this a terrible idea?

It does. In my version of this matchup the Avengers get facehugged to full burst. The stragglers have their skin burned off from the acid and then cut to ribbons with the Alien's claws.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So honestly, I eyerolled a little at the initial reaction to this crossover but then I got down off my high horse. It wasn't until about 7/8 years ago that I personally turned around on the crossovers after revisiting the Batman/Aliens stuff and I opened up to them. You just can't take them too seriously.

But there have been some genuinely entertaining and good crossovers. I thought they did a fantastic job with Predator vs Wolverine and I'm very keen to see where they take Aliens vs. Avengers (also Marvel's first Aliens title?) I like the sounds of the aged superheroes. I'm also curious to see them go full Kenner with this too. I just hope it's pretty too!

SM

SM

The What if? Burke thing has Aliens branding too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I stand corrected.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed