Aliens vs Avengers

Started by MudButt, Apr 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM

Author
Aliens vs Avengers (Read 4,065 times)

SiL

SiL

Just sounds like cope to me.

Superman wears his bright primary coloured underwear outside his bright primary coloured pants against the Aliens. Let's please be consistent.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2024, 09:06:16 AMJust sounds like cope to me.

No, it's my opinion. And I stand by it.

More to the point, it's not the colour of the uniforms that annoys me either. It's the "'Cause we could" vibe that flows off this thing in waves. We own all of this, let's slam it all together!

Kradan

Kradan

I know one guy who thinks Superman is dark:

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2024, 09:06:16 AMJust sounds like cope to me.

No, it's my opinion. And I stand by it.

That's fair. It just that your reasoning is a bit ... dubious

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 09:07:27 AMIt's the "'Cause we could" vibe that flows off this thing in waves. We own all of this, let's slam it all together!
How do you think we got AvP ... ?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 19, 2024, 09:08:49 AMThat's fair. It just that your reasoning is a bit ... dubious

Really? I think my reasoning is perfectly valid. Marvel as a brand has been struggling recently, and now D*sney is trying to defibrillate it with Alien. It just feels distasteful that this greatest of franchises is being used for such a purpose

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2024, 09:13:58 AMHow do you think we got AvP ... ?

Yeah, and look at how that went! I tried watching AvP last night and didn't get to the end! Moreover, Ridley Scott hates any mention of it!

SiL

SiL

It went brilliantly. Highest selling independent comic of the time. Successful line of comics, novels and games. The whole reason this site exists.

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 09:15:41 AMIt just feels distasteful that this greatest of franchises is being used for such a purpose

Oh come on, by what possible metric is it the greatest?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

What can I say? I'm only really interested in Alien.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2024, 09:19:51 AMOh come on, by what possible metric is it the greatest?

Personal opinion.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sure there're people right now furious that AvengersTM are being mixed with them dirty Aliens. Like, ARGH, so infuriating !

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 19, 2024, 09:01:53 AMSuperman is dark ?

👁🦇👁Superdark! A new superhero

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2024, 10:01:49 AMSuperdark!

Here, I've made the logo

Spoiler
[close]

You're welcome, DC

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 19, 2024, 10:04:23 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2024, 10:01:49 AMSuperdark!

Here, I've made the logo

Spoiler
[close]

You're welcome, DC

They should include it in a AVPR especial edition.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

DC being darker and more adult than Marvel is such an obsolete opinion coming back from the 60' and maybe strenghted by MCU recently but is as far from truth as possible. Both can have dark or lighter stories. And Dark doesn't mean for adults it can by just edgy story for teenagers than think they are so mature. Snyder's movies are good example. They pose as dark and gritty, but are shallow as a puddle with their themes. With comics, it depends on writer how it would be in the end. What is true, however, is that Aliens and Predator works better with more grounded heroes because they don't pose much threat to some of the more "super" superheroes. But I'm interested in how Hickman will work with this problem. Would it be insane Xenos with superpowers, or something more interesting?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Apr 19, 2024, 11:58:35 AMDC being darker and more adult than Marvel is such an obsolete opinion coming back from the 60' and maybe strenghted by MCU recently but is as far from truth as possible.

My opinion is not obsolete, not is it "as far from the truth as possible". It's my opinion. And I hate this. I'm free to. I think it's a total misuse of the Alien brand.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer aliens against "realistic" science fiction and that goes for all of them, not just our beloved Alien franchise.

Predator only works because you can drop him into anything, I find Avengers only compelling with particular set-ups, X-Men I am all over though.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: jacobo1122 on Apr 19, 2024, 11:58:35 AMDC being darker and more adult than Marvel is such an obsolete opinion coming back from the 60' and maybe strenghted by MCU recently but is as far from truth as possible.

My opinion is not obsolete, not is it "as far from the truth as possible". It's my opinion. And I hate this. I'm free to. I think it's a total misuse of the Alien brand.

Yeah, but You stating that DC is darker and more mature doesn't change the fact that both Marvel and DC had both darker and lighter stories, serious or ridiculus, more mature ones and those targetted to younger audience  from decades now. And none of this two publishers have such a narrow direction to be only for one particular  group of consumers. So there are facts to prove your opinion right or wrong. Now saying that You don't like Aliens being part of that is entirely subjective opinion and I'm not saying that it's right or wrong. Only that I don't agree or doesn't understand why it bothers You so much :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed