Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 761,167 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll give that a gander when I get home. Thanks, HuDa.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 01, 2016, 10:09:10 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2016, 09:19:29 AMIt was? Whereabouts, do you remember?

It's definitely in the novel. Bishop mentions that it's probably how Queens come about. p212 in the new Titan edition.

I might have assumed, as it's in the book, that it must have come from the script, but it's been ages since I read the script. My bad if I'm wrong there.
Royal Jelly is also a real-world concept, it's how bees/ants/termites make queens. 'Aliens' carries the termite analogy along to explain the queen, so royal jelly would make sense in that context.

Vermillion

Vermillion

So the Alien is not so "Alien".

Stupid large annoying termite with a god complex who enjoy hanging out in/on walls and only coming into the light when disturbed. 

Concept good. But totally destroys the big chap.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 04, 2016, 02:20:59 PM
So the Alien is not so "Alien"

One could argue that after Prometheus, the alien isn't really alien at all.

Ectomorph

Ectomorph

There are 105 pages worth of posts, so forgive me if someone has pointed this out before - but wouldn't there have to be two eggs on the ship? One for the facehugger that got to Ripley and one for the one that impregnated the dog. I will admit that the opening sequence to Alien 3 is very... erratic, so maybe the answer is in plain sight and I just haven't caught on.

I'm not too keen on Bishop being the one to bring the egg(s) on board. Don't they show Bishop leaving the carrier right after they get back to the Sualco? I don't know how he would have managed to get them on board.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Stupid large annoying termite with a god complex who enjoy hanging out in/on walls and only coming into the light when disturbed. 

Ehh there's still plenty about them that's weird and freaky, even if they have a hive/queen based society.

Quote from: Ectomorph on Dec 04, 2016, 04:20:37 PM
There are 105 pages worth of posts, so forgive me if someone has pointed this out before - but wouldn't there have to be two eggs on the ship? One for the facehugger that got to Ripley and one for the one that impregnated the dog. I will admit that the opening sequence to Alien 3 is very... erratic, so maybe the answer is in plain sight and I just haven't caught on.
There's a few trains of thought on it - either there were two eggs (and we just don't see one on-screen) or if we go by the Assembly Cut of the movie, there's one Queen Facehugger that can lay two embyros.

Ectomorph

Ectomorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 04, 2016, 05:02:33 PM

Ehh there's still plenty about them that's weird and freaky, even if they have a hive/queen based society.

There's a few trains of thought on it - either there were two eggs (and we just don't see one on-screen) or if we go by the Assembly Cut of the movie, there's one Queen Facehugger that can lay two embyros.

That seems to make the most sense. At least as much sense as a movie like Alien 3 can make.  ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Facehugger

klesk4ever

klesk4ever

Although I hate ant-like explanations, I'm going to take Alien 3 Assembly cut as canon and accept royal facehugger as explanation.

And maybe Alien Runner, wasn't "runner" type because he was implanted inside an OX.
Maybe he was that way because his function was protecting the queen and being the first alien to serve her.
In ant colonies first ants mature faster but are smaller than next generations.
Runner chestbuster was fully formed, he has matured fast, but was smaller than typical alien.

However the question of who had brought the egg on Sulaco is still on the table.

And my bet is  Sigourney Weaver did it in an effort to secure another Alien movie act.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: klesk4ever on Dec 04, 2016, 11:59:24 PM

However the question of who had brought the egg on Sulaco is still on the table.

And my bet is  Sigourney Weaver did it in an effort to secure another Alien movie act.

BWAHAHAHAAA!!1!!!    :laugh: SOLVED.

After all, she's the one who's endlessly yapping on and on about bringing Ripley back.  Again. 

-Windebieste.

klesk4ever

klesk4ever

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 05, 2016, 12:36:09 AM
Quote from: klesk4ever on Dec 04, 2016, 11:59:24 PM

BWAHAHAHAAA!!1!!!    :laugh: SOLVED.

After all, she's the one who's endlessly yapping on and on about bringing Ripley back.  Again. 

-Windebieste.

Well we all know that Alien fans really want to see Ripley  ::)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 04, 2016, 02:28:58 PM

The Alien has always had insect qualities. From the very first film.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Can we say insects have the Alien's qualities.
It makes Prometheus make more sense then.  Lol

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 05, 2016, 12:36:09 AM

Siggy gotta eat.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2016, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 04, 2016, 02:28:58 PM

The Alien has always had insect qualities. From the very first film.

I know this well and have tried to get that across to many Aliens detractors to no avail.

Vermillion was pointing out that giving the creatures insect qaulities makes them not so "Alien". The point I wanted to make was that since Prometheus, the alien is much more closely connected to humanity and therefore not very "alien" anyway regardless of how closely they do or don't resemble insects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed