Unused Alien Film Pitch

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 30, 2016, 10:42:14 AM

Author
Unused Alien Film Pitch (Read 1,143 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Peter Briggs (writer of the first AvP film script) just shared this anecdote on Facebook:

QuoteSome (gosh) 20 years ago, a fellow writer (now director, with several critically lauded films with A-list talent under his belt) earnestly told me his pitch for an Alien movie. He was being quite serious, and said that it involved Aliens and time travel and mutating dinosaurs. He genuinely thought this was a good idea, and couldn't understand my point of view that he didn't have a clue about what makes an Alien movie work.

I had a hilarious mental image of what my friend's "vision" would look like. Today I found this. Yep. Oh, the hilarity.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153453379621854&set=a.146982971853.126323.562336853&type=3

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

hmm there was no people around when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth... waa da fuk

windebieste

windebieste

I think the main trick to take into consideration here is "Aliens and time travel and mutating dinosaurs."

It might make for a fun comic or vidya gaem; but as a serious movie concept goes, it's more than just a little cheesy.

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Maybe when he said Alien he meant Predator? Then such a plot could work, yea, for reals-zs.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Someone gave me this shirt... It all makes sense now haha

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Jun 02, 2016, 05:26:40 PM

Someone gave me this shirt... It all makes sense now haha

I want that shirt now lmao.

Yeah that film idea sounds so bad, i really want to know who the "Director" is now lol  :laugh:

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I posted my response to this in the AVP 3 ideas thread.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=2112.1485

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed