Robert Rodriquez Confirms Predators Sequel!

Started by Shasvre, Jul 23, 2010, 12:26:30 AM

Author
Robert Rodriquez Confirms Predators Sequel! (Read 226,921 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

"The studio said, 'Let's do some other ones. What other story ideas do you have?'" the filmmaker told IGN Movies in an interview conducted earlier today. "Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one."

"So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Rodriguez went on to say that he already has "an idea" of what exactly he'd like to do with a follow up to the movie that was released only a few weeks ago. However, the site adds that he now plans on having, "other writers come in and pitch different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts. And then, as with the first Predators, he'll pick the best one."

And as for whether he'll direct the sequel: "I don't know! I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=20417

Urban Hunter

wohoooo !

PHANTOM

Director Antal, Producer Robert, with cast members Brody and Alice have my complete blessing to come back for round two.

STICK AROUND 8)

Dr.Pred

I didn't actually expect a sequel to be made; this shall be interesting.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :'( :D

ShadowPred

Antal should direct, he's a good director, and knows how to make each character be liked by the audience.

JayHy17

Excellent news! Predators was fantastic. A sequel will be even better.

Sexy Poot

Damnit u beat me to it!!! Hooray tho!

BANE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY
This is definitely appropriate for the present situation.

DaddyYautja

So Fox didnt care about the money.
I'm guessing the next flick will get a bigger budget.

freddy616

Hey it's Robert Rodriquez. if he wants to make another then it's happening 8)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

Please no Predator King... Please.. no four armed Predators.. Please, for the love of God.. NO human slave trade.. Please no homeworld.

-Rakai'Thwei

BANE

I was not aware that they had those things. I definitely don't want a god damned four armed predator. That's blasphemy. However, I wouldn't mind a king predator, as long as its just a position and doesn't entail some god damned stupid physical feature that distorts the image we have come to know and love.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 23, 2010, 01:16:59 AM
I was not aware that they had those things. I definitely don't want a god damned four armed predator. That's blasphemy. However, I wouldn't mind a king predator, as long as its just a position and doesn't entail some god damned stupid physical feature that distorts the image we have come to know and love.

It was in the original 1994 script.

The Predator King had a crown too...

-Rakai'Thwei

BANE

Was it an actual piece or was it part of his body?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed