Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,411 times)

cliffhanger

i agree that when she's drinking from the mug, she looks a bit unhealthy. but then, when she operates on david, and sits in the pilot chair, and goes to sleep, she looks absolutely fine.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Apr 27, 2017, 05:56:39 AM
David's out on a mission to undo what the Engineers have done. Paradise is just another seeded planet like Earth, except they haven't grown out of the petri dish... I bet!

He literally calls it their homeworld.

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Apr 27, 2017, 06:03:36 AM
Also, Scott has said  "if you think it's them [the Engineers], you're dead wrong" referring to the origin of the alien creatures apparently.

He is not talking about the Engineers having someone above them. He means that
Spoiler
David created the alien.
[close]

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 27, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
so this makes me only more suspicious that it's going to happen like that, and david isn't doing this at all, but being a mere 'bystander'.

Nope. He decides to wipe them out. Hence the Ozymandias quote.

Ingwar

It's not Engineers homeworlds. It's no brainer.

While David and Shaw are flying towards the planet he calls it their homeworld because he thinks it will be it. He's wrong at that time. How could he know? Once he arrives we can see that it cannot be their homeworld because it's too primitive. They're like us. They're Engineers children or product if you prefer. Another seeded planet like Earth. You name it.

Hard-R

Shaw is curiously staring at this (and there doesn't seem much to it).
I am presuming that this is just a light to illuminate the passageway or possibly a window to the outside/stars?
Does this suggest they were already on the move before she went into hypersleep?

Just spit balling....

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2017, 09:36:02 AM
It's not Engineers homeworlds. It's no brainer.

Well, the character in the movie calls it the homeworld, the advance press and official materials call it the homeworld, the film crew have called it the homeworld, but yeah, you're right - it's not the homeworld.

You may not like the look of it or of the Engineers and their wardrobe - I'm not crazy about their clothes either - but the fact is it is the homeworld and those are the Engineers David is wiping out. That is 100% what the film is going to tell you and do. Take it or leave it, them's the facts. You don't have to like it.

x-M-x

Quote from: Hard-R on Apr 27, 2017, 09:40:53 AM
I am presuming that this is just a light to illuminate the passageway or possibly a window to the outside/stars?
Does this suggest they were already on the move before she went into hypersleep?

Just spit balling....

She's alone and bored out of her mind.... that is no doubt a *hallway light* lol the ship is very dark in some parts.

Like when david is leaving the pilot/cockpit room? (assume he's found auto-pilot) that room is dark as hell.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Hard-R on Apr 27, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

I think it's just the closest thing she has to a window.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 26, 2017, 09:36:17 PM
Did anybody else think the homeworld would look more Giger-esque? I expected something more bio-mechanical than primitive?

Yeah i wanted some crazy original looking planet.

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 26, 2017, 09:53:33 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 26, 2017, 09:40:50 PM
This just might turn out to be the best Alien film since 1986.
Im thinking 79

Heresy.

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Apr 26, 2017, 10:08:12 PM
bloody awesome😏😏😏

the giger aesthetic comes from the blackstuff ......

it would make zero sense for their home world to resemble it in any way

I'm fairly certain the lv223 engineers were starting their own civilisation on that moon with the mural creature being their cornerstone for architecture , technology and even creation itself .
civil war breaks out based on that premise 😉

It would make total sense,wtf you talking about,look how their ships are looking and look how Engineer looked like in Prometheus,his body was full biomechanical Giger style.You really wanted some generic looking planet? some of you exuses are ridiculous.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

It was so so lovely to see Giger's original concept art he made for Alien come to life so vividly in this small clip. I have to admit I was leaning more on the skeptical side when it came to expectations for Ridley's expansion on the Alien history, but now I'm a bit more hopeful. Can't wait to see more.

EDIT:

Chilling quote at the end. "Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair." Absolutely loved it.

Adorianu

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 02:35:27 AM
What about the Deacon?

I think you guys are forgetting something. If Shaw spends all this time putting David back together & studying the boneship, then where is the deacon? Does the Deacon find a way to get on board the ship? Could the Deacon be the cause of Paradise's demise? While everybody is focused on the other two Xenomorphs, we are forgetting about the Deacon. I wonder if it will become the real bad guy in Covenant. Forget those other two Xenos, we ain't seen nothin yet. :)

It's fun to see everybody jumping to conclusions about bombing. We still don't know how the Boneship is in this city, yet in other trailers, it is crash landed in the middle of the woods. How does it get their? Is it the same ship? We wont know till we see the movie.

What about the Deacon? well you watched Prometheus right? he left on the planet while David and Naomi left in Space Jockey ship.Movie will focus on  more classic Alien.

Theecatindahat

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 26, 2017, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 26, 2017, 08:59:31 PM
I wonder if that's actually what happened...or David's "version" of events. I think there could be a horrific twist here. David has a touch of the Norman Bates about him; Narcissistic. Delusional. One cable short of reattachment ;)

Also, I wonder how secure the head is? They surely didn't have the right tools at hand, just enough to make him functional.

Did Shaw eat Engineer provisions? Was there access to clean water? Where was the bathroom?

I didn't think it featured in the final cut, they did announce it as a special presentation from Ridley exclusive for the event.

I'm very excited overall.

The key line in this video is where David said that he was alone again and learned more about their (Engineers). Who knows how much time he had while Shaw was in cryo? I also noticed they appeared to have some human supplies. Cups, maps, etc.

He wouldn't be alone for too long and the journey to the planet not to long either for that matter if the movie is set 10 years after the events of Prometheus. 

LV-12986

LV-12986

Let's not forget shaw is still in the process of recovering from a caesarean, plus a few knocks to it after so I'd imagine she might feel/look a bit unwell.

Adorianu

Quote from: LV-12986 on Apr 27, 2017, 11:24:13 AM
Let's not forget shaw is still in the process of recovering from a caesarean, plus a few knocks to it after so I'd imagine she might feel/look a bit unwell.

Good point.

cliffhanger

Quote from: LV-12986 on Apr 27, 2017, 11:24:13 AM

yet she looks completely fine when operating on david and sitting in a chair and then a hypersleep 'bed' moments later......that must be one hellofa drink she takes then.....

Stanley

RE - The Deacon Creature.

In the beginning of the Hologram of the Engineers running from something early in Prometheus you can hear the sound of the creature. 

Later when the Deacon is shown at the end of the movie, the same sound can be heard.

It's not the Alien sound from Aliens etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed