The Suicide Squad Thread

Started by Shasvre, Sep 19, 2014, 06:02:26 PM

Author
The Suicide Squad Thread (Read 94,911 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 10, 2021, 06:48:08 PM
Good stuff, I really question the taste of anyone preferring "the original" I unexpectedly got quite attached to Ratcatcher and Bloodsport myself, I thought the social commentary apt and for the first time in live action Harley Quinn's a delight.

I found the Harley stuff f**king dragged but I had fun with the rest of it. Special mentions for Idris Elba and sharkbro.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 13, 2021, 09:03:26 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 10, 2021, 06:48:08 PM
Good stuff, I really question the taste of anyone preferring "the original" I unexpectedly got quite attached to Ratcatcher and Bloodsport myself, I thought the social commentary apt and for the first time in live action Harley Quinn's a delight.

I found the Harley stuff f**king dragged but I had fun with the rest of it. Special mentions for Idris Elba and sharkbro.
Shows how different opinions can be. I thought the Harley stuff was the best part of the whole movie!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think I just don't like the character.

Kradan

Kradan

Have you watched BTAS ? Maybe you'd like her original version more

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think this comes pretty close, that it's ultimately inconsequential, CB probably does not like either.

Master Chief

Master Chief

How did Harley learn how to fight?

Ratcatcher 2, Sebastian, Polka-Dot Man, Bloodsport, and King Shark were fantastic!  Worthy mention, Milton.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 13, 2021, 04:02:10 PM
Have you watched BTAS ? Maybe you'd like her original version more

I have, and I find her just as irritating there. TQ is correct.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My only real issue with the Harley subplot was that was it was so weird and went on for so long that I was wondering if it was a fantasy sequence like the one she had in Birds of Prey for a while there. I thought the payoff was worth it, though.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Really enjoyed James Gunn's The Suicide Squad... loved it!! But I also really want to see what David Ayer originally envisioned for his take on these characters. Its great to see #Releasetheayercut trending on Twitter at the moment, made me revisit my first initial review for the theatrical cut and I was definitely a lot more kind to this movie than I would be now...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm gunna be real - I don't hate the Leto Joker. It's peak-cringe but that's kind of the charm.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Spoiler
Finally got around to it and it was very good, certainly the best DCEU film with the strongest identity, the humor, drama, action all handled very well for the most part.

Was a bit bummed how Polka-Dot Man went out, I thought they were saving something big with him after setting up how he swells up and has to vomit (?) the polka-dots (or whatever they were). Maybe I missed something. I kinda wish he was the one who took Starro out. (The giant mother imagery was hilarious/terrifying.)

Quote from: Gilfryd on Mar 29, 2021, 09:25:13 PM
When I found out Starro was supposed to be in this (before the trailer) I was like, "Yeah, that makes sense with Gunn."

Yep, definite Slither/Ego vibes. Gunn sure loves a bizarre alien hivemind (and tentacles). The film does a good job justifying its R-rating and never felt try-hard/edgy to me (despite some of the humor). King Shark tearing the guy apart with a lightning bolt going off was great.

QuoteI'm expecting everyone who isn't Harley Quinn, Bloodsport, Peacemaker, Rick Flag, King Shark, Amanda Waller and maybe Captain Boomerang to get killed.

Eh close enough. Ratcatcher 2 was a pleasant surprise, she really is the heart of the movie, something the first film never had.
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 14, 2021, 10:03:15 PM
Spoiler
Eh close enough. Ratcatcher 2 was a pleasant surprise, she really is the heart of the movie, something the first film never had.
[close]
El Diablo >>>>> Any other character arc that this movie featured.

I don't feel like any character in the team was justified. Polka and RC2 weren't evil, why were they in prison?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 15, 2021, 01:39:58 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 14, 2021, 10:03:15 PM
Spoiler
[close]
El Diablo >>>>> Any other character arc that this movie featured.

I don't feel like any character in the team was justified. Polka and RC2 weren't evil, why were they in prison?

Spoiler
Ratcatcher 2 explained her reason for being in prison – she robbed a bank in America, her rats were deemed weapons, and she was charged with armed robbery.

We don't know how Polka-Dot Man ended up in jail, but we know how he got his abilities and it seems likely to infer that he must have – even if by accident – hurt somebody with his powers to wind up in jail.

Waller also seems to be very good at making sure she has the right assets (in the form of expendable soldiers) at her disposal for any mission, and the ability to pull strings within the prison system (as she was doing with Bloodaport's daughter) to get who/what she needs in order to achieve her goals.
[close]

I honestly don't remember anything about El Diablo in the 2016 movie, other than that he sacrifices himself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed