Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 249,918 times)

tleilaxu

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 21, 2018, 10:50:26 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 21, 2018, 01:53:40 AM
Luckily there are probably more than 4 fans in the film business.

Matt Hatton, Carlos Huante and  Dane Hallett are all genuine fans and have done excellent work.

But I've never seen a genuine fan also be an excellent writer/director- and I certainly don't believe a fan in charge is the correct avenue for contributing to this franchise by being in direct control of a project.

What you really need after Ridley Scott is gone is a Jonathan Glazer, David Lynch or John Carpenter.
Not a Neill Blomkamp.
David Cronenberg is the only other director who I feel could capture the aesthetics of the franchise.

The Old One

The Old One

Not a fan of David Cronenberg's work honestly, wouldn't be too keen on that idea but I'd take it over N.B any day.

Alex Garland would be suitable in that he always has a strong talent for writing and directing science fiction
with both subtlety and intelligence.
Unfortunately I believe he has no interest in franchise films of any nature,
much like most that would actually be suitable to be at the helm.

Perfect-Organism

When I first saw District 9, I felt that Blomkamp could do a good Alien film. It had nothing to do with his recent proposal.  I still feel the same.

The Old One

The Old One

I for one am glad he is not, in every respect- it's not his style.

Nukiemorph

I'd love a Blomkamp Alien movie.  I just don't want him to retcon half of the series I grew up with.

Perfect-Organism

Ok, im not going down the road towards this quagmire again..

BTW, a good portion of the series has already been retconned, the AVP stuff was once canon remember?  It's just fiction..

The Old One

The Old One

Alien, Aliens and A3 have not only a narrative arc that is carried and then concluded but contains the same character doing so, that book is shut and should remain that way. It's not the same and you know it.

Perfect-Organism

Except that book has had an extra volume tacked onto it called Alien Resurrection to keep the character alive in some weird way...

You're right, it's not the same ...but it's not much better.  I don't buy into this idea that the first three films were a natural arc either.  After the second film the story had an opening for a much more rewarding continuation or closure.  Anyway, whatevs..

426Buddy

Ripley and Ripley8 are not the same character.

The Old One

The Old One

Then allow me a moment to consider.

You want to return to Ellen Ripley for a story that may or may not be more pleasing to the audience.
I do not.

I know better.

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 21, 2018, 09:33:16 PM
the AVP stuff was once canon remember?

AVP was canon? Like "for real" canon?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 21, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

Like is any of this "for real" canon?  It's fiction.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 21, 2018, 09:54:31 PM
Ripley and Ripley8 are not the same character.

Yes, because Ripley was killed.  And the studio wanted to find another way to feature Ripley in the next movie.  So they cloned the dead character and it appears she has memories from her previous incarnation.  So in many ways, it is the same character, in the worst way possible, while not being the same character at all.  It's Super-Ripley!  She just needs a fancy costume and a cape. ;D

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about Scott coming back for a fourth Alien film.

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 21, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

You want to return to Ellen Ripley for a story that may or may not be more pleasing to the audience.
I do not.

I know better.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/9f41d2c72cb47764f73d47bd081483d1/tumblr_oxioh9TnnA1vn6uixo2_500.gifv

Of course you do.  There, there. ::)

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 21, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

I do not.

I know better.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/9f41d2c72cb47764f73d47bd081483d1/tumblr_oxioh9TnnA1vn6uixo2_500.gifv

Bring me this tea, Old One.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 21, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

30 years of mythology ruined!

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 21, 2018, 09:49:32 PM
Except that book has had an extra volume tacked onto it called Alien Resurrection to keep the character alive in some weird way...

You're right, it's not the same ...but it's not much better.  I don't buy into this idea that the first three films were a natural arc either.  After the second film the story had an opening for a much more rewarding continuation or closure.  Anyway, whatevs..
Going down in scope was sure to lead to some disappointment, but killing Hicks and Newt was a good decision, and Alien 3's ending (the theatrical with the chestburster at the end) is pretty damn good in terms of closure.

Perfect-Organism

Alien 3 is not at all a bad film, and certainly it's good for closure.  If that's what you want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed