Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 249,832 times)

0321recon

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 19, 2018, 02:36:57 PM
I'm happy to hear this. Of course, I'm still scared what Scott might do to the franchise if he goes too far, but I do want to see another movie to finish David's story. Lets just hope he does it right and David gets the ending he deserves.

Long story short, please get a good writer for this who knows what they're doing and I'll be glad to see where the next story takes us.

I agree. For this film, I'd bring in a person who is fan of the franchise to amend some of the issues from the other two films. Though, in the same time, deliver a script close to BR2049 that nicely closes the trilogy.

OpenMaw

I don't want Scott to ever have the opportunity to solidify with certainty that David created the alien.

sirgiodecaramelot

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 19, 2018, 03:16:12 PM
I don't want Scott to ever have the opportunity to solidify with certainty that David created the alien.

If David had created the Predator, nobody would defend Scott.

426Buddy

What if David created [insert random creature]?

:laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 19, 2018, 04:13:44 PM
What if David created [UR MOM]?

:laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2018, 11:19:21 AM
Andrew Gaska, who we had on our Prometheus episode of the poddy, shared this on Prequel Paradise -

Evanus

So it's 100% confirmed Scott is doing another one? Cool.  :)

0321recon

The chat continued and Andrew revealed some details that we had suspected a while back.

The Old One

The Old One

Hell, not that it's likely but Ridley Scott's been known in the past to make a film well enough that midway in production it's budget has been doubled.

I think it was a horror called "creature" or something back in 1979.

tleilaxu

Feel a bit uneasy about trusting facebook screenshots, but still, fingers crossed for more embryo-kino

The Cruentus

I would take it with a pinch of salt.

As far as I know, David only vomited up two small "eggs" with two mini facehuggers in them.

tleilaxu

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 19, 2018, 07:40:30 PM
I would take it with a pinch of salt.

As far as I know, David only vomited up two small "eggs" with two mini facehuggers in them.
Yes, it's a concept art piece. What I want is more embryos.

The Old One

The Old One

I love A-3371.

But I'm certain that image is merely a concept piece, regardless- if a single Facehugger contains Plagiarus Praepotens/the pathogen in some form and considering the technology David Eight has access to, he'd perhaps only need the one to create- far, far more- even in the absence of a Royal/Praetorian Facehugger.

Evanus

Substantially reduced budget?  :-\. I hope Ridley can still make an epic finale.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 19, 2018, 08:06:02 PM
Substantially reduced budget?  :-\. I hope Ridley can still make an epic finale.

Andrew did mention they're ways that something with the engineers and xenos could be done with a low budget. Scott and co need to be creative about it.

the Alien series has been known for its films with minimal budgets. I'd say go old school with miniature models, man in suit, character driven, with minimal to no no cgi. It can be done. We only need a good script to close the trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed