Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 248,732 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 23, 2018, 07:32:47 PM
I dunno you guys. They cancelled all of the upcoming Star Wars movies because so many fans hated The Last Jedi that no one went to see SOLO, so it only makes sense that Covenant's sequel would be cancelled because so many fan hated that.

This is serious; Im prepared to put up the money to remake Alien Covenant.

If we remake Alien Covenant we can save the franchise.

...Am I right?

Think only the spin-offs are cancelled.
They're never gonna stop making Star Wars movies, too much money involved.

The hate for Covenant wasn't as big as the hate for The Last Jedi.

No one is gonna fund a Covenant remake. Too much of a risky investment.
Would be better to put some decent funding in the sequel, create an awesome Planet David type movie and end the prequel series on a high note.

SM

The audience for Covenant was as big as the audience for Last Jedi.

Apparently they haven't cancelled anything.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 24, 2018, 12:14:51 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 23, 2018, 07:32:47 PM
I dunno you guys. They cancelled all of the upcoming Star Wars movies because so many fans hated The Last Jedi that no one went to see SOLO, so it only makes sense that Covenant's sequel would be cancelled because so many fan hated that.

This is serious; Im prepared to put up the money to remake Alien Covenant.

If we remake Alien Covenant we can save the franchise.

...Am I right?

Think only the spin-offs are cancelled.
They're never gonna stop making Star Wars movies, too much money involved.

The hate for Covenant wasn't as big as the hate for The Last Jedi.

No one is gonna fund a Covenant remake. Too much of a risky investment.
Would be better to put some decent funding in the sequel, create an awesome Planet David type movie and end the prequel series on a high note.

I think it's more about box office. However,  a remake it could mean more footage with Shaw and the Engineers or the Alien as something ancient instead of David's creation.

Quote from: SM on Jun 24, 2018, 12:21:57 AM
The audience for Covenant was as big as the audience for Last Jedi.

Apparently they haven't cancelled anything.

Just a rumor then? nice  8)

OpenMaw

Don't really need a reboot, honestly.

Just go back to basics. Isolation is the proof. Go back to basics.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 12:45:23 AM

You mean the horror house set in space? with human environments that are as frightening and claustrophobic as the Derelict itself, and the monster being handled like a intelligent assassin instead of the space velociraptor?

irn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 12:45:23 AM

Agreed. A reboot would be terrible for Alien and would just kill it off completely. The cultural legacy cannot be remapped. Other franchises have tried and it always fails miserably. Build and correct on what already exists instead of trying to erase history. Otherwise it just creates a mental mess for the casual moviegoers who don't know what way is up. There's issues with Resurrection, Prometheus and Covenant but it's not that bad that it requires the entire franchise to start again from scratch.

There's more than enough elements of the series to make a great new addition with.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 24, 2018, 12:22:37 AMI think it's more about box office. However,  a remake it could mean more footage with Shaw and the Engineers or the Alien as something ancient instead of David's creation.

You know I'd love a perfect remake with Shaw, Engineers and without the xeno. I just don't see it happen. It's too late.
Better finish up the story while there still a chance and Scott's still alive. There's plenty to the Planet David concept to create something that most people can appreciate.

After that it's probably back to regular Alien flicks. Until someone makes another Prometheus type movie decades later, kinda like they did with Blade Runner.

OpenMaw

There's nothing to finish, really.

David has his experiments and his guinea pigs, and a destination. We can assume they all met a grim fate.

Honestly if you were going to give the series a soft reboot, Isolation was the right way to do it. New character, room to breath, and a very strong earned emotional connection to the past. That scene where Amanda hears her mother's voice is fffffff... Man. That was well done. Weaver delivered the goods. The writing wasn't overblown. The actress for Amanda did great.

You don't need to close off anything with Covenant. They already torpedo the big questions at the start of Covenant. they threw out Shaw's story completely. There's nothing to carry on. I don't give a shit to see David go anywhere at this point because they chucked the complexity out of his character entirely by the time the husks that are supposed to be characters meet up with him in Covenant. He's just evil mad scientist robot. He could have been so much more. If they had kept Shaw alive, they could have really taken that relationship to some complex and interesting places. So yeah I don't see holding onto whatever Scott has planned. It's obvious he can't do this franchise anymore.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 01:43:47 AM
There's nothing to finish, really.

What happens to David? Does he die or does he live on?

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 01:43:47 AMDavid has his experiments and his guinea pigs, and a destination. We can assume they all met a grim fate.

We can assume but I'd still love to see it.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 01:43:47 AM
I don't give a shit to see David go anywhere at this point...

Well, there you have it. You don't give a shit. You're not a fan of the prequels, that's your right. But some of us are fans and do care.
At this point I prefer poetry quoting androids, Engineers and black goo over the beloved space bug.

OpenMaw

I prefer quality writing.

I also prefer when creative persons don't hijack an existing franchise to do whatever they want with it.

Ridley Scott could very easily have created a new science fiction film series with David at the epicenter.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 02:54:22 AM
I prefer quality writing.

I also prefer when creative persons don't hijack an existing franchise to do whatever they want with it.

Ridley Scott could very easily have created a new science fiction film series with David at the epicenter.

Coulda shoulda woulda. All too late now.
Doesn't mean the prequel fans don't deserve a sequel.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I just wanna chime in I love Covenant and it's given me so much more to ponder over in Prometheus and the original Quadrilogy. That is all  :D

I want more movies to analyse, even if Ridley Scott decides to produce multiple short films like the ones he does for the lead up to the actual movies I will take it.

The prequels give me a solid understanding of the franchise philosophy in a way I had never considered before and it's made me more passionate than ever.

Perfect-Organism

I'm up for another prequel from Scott.  Let him wrap it up.  Why not?

You know, David might still be alive around Ripley 8's time.  That could be an interesting showdown.  He could try to use the same technology to bring back Weyland, his Master...

Local Trouble

I'd prefer they leave David's story open-ended if only to preserve a sliver of doubt that he had anything to do with the derelict on LV-426 and its cargo.

TC

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 24, 2018, 03:57:46 AM
You know, David might still be alive around Ripley 8's time.  That could be an interesting showdown.  He could try to use the same technology to bring back Weyland, his Master...

I like your idea. A sequel - not a prequel - that wraps up David's story by taking place in Ripley 8's era.

Not sure about resurrecting Weyland though. Didn't David end up despising him? Unless David's goal is to exact his revenge.

I also have reservations about Sig Weaver as an action hero at her age. Maybe her role would be more of a cameo, like Harrison Ford in BR 2049.

So an additional lead character then. Call? Or would the story be overrun by androids yet again? OK, so someone new...

TC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed