Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 249,902 times)

Trepanator

Trepanator

Amen.
It's the only way to save this trilogy.

monkeylove

Whatever happens, he has to bridge them to the first Alien movie. Unless there are plans to reboot the whole franchise.

Kurai

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 09, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
Whatever happens, he has to bridge them to the first Alien movie. Unless there are plans to reboot the whole franchise.

He doesn't have to, in fact I think many of us would prefer if he didn't. If the Aliens on Lv 426 were wholly unrelated to David, I for one would rejoice.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I think that 2000 colonists are too much for a next movie, how many colonists we have in Hadley's Hope colony from the second film? You know. . you just cant have a 2000 actors in it, that is fact. You need to do something in order to reduce this numbers, really. So my idea is, that we will meet David on Origae-6 maybe a few years after the Covenant landing, perhaps that would be the explanation of why most of the Covenant original crew will be decimated. Another idea is, that Ridley could take the tone of the next film as a war conflict, we can see a quick massacre scenes between Colonists (that could just wake up from the Cryo-pods) and Aliens on board the Covenant. It could end up with David as a main protagonist inside the Alien hive. You cant have room for two thousand people on the set, it is nonsense unless you want to create a pure war movie. So, we will meet an entirely new crew with another ship heading to the Origae-6 or we could have a few survivors from Covenant, still fighting against David creations or something. I think that at least part of these ideas could be true. We will see. Lets wait for it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Dec 09, 2017, 05:09:22 PM
I think that 2000 colonists are too much for a next movie, how many colonists we have in Hadley's Hope colony from the second film? You know. . you just cant have a 2000 actors in it, that is fact. You need to do something in order to reduce this numbers, really. So my idea is, that we will meet David on Origae-6 maybe a few years after the Covenant landing, perhaps that would be the explanation of why most of the Covenant original crew will be decimated. Another idea is, that Ridley could take the tone of the next film as a war conflict, we can see a quick massacre scenes between Colonists (that could just wake up from the Cryo-pods) and Aliens on board the Covenant. It could end up with David as a main protagonist inside the Alien hive. You cant have room for two thousand people on the set, it is nonsense unless you want to create a pure war movie. So, we will meet an entirely new crew with another ship heading to the Origae-6 or we could have a few survivors from Covenant, still fighting against David creations or something. I think that at least part of these ideas could be true. We will see. Lets wait for it.

There were a 158 colonists in Aliens. They didn't show 158 people. Maybe two dozen extras total were shown in the colony scenes in Aliens.

You wouldn't have to show 2000 people in any way. There are a number of ways that could be taken care of, it just takes using your imagination. David's in control. He could wake them up however he sees fit.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

OpenMaw - Yeah, of course. But still, 2000 colonists is by far the biggest number of the crew that we ever had. As you already said, there was 158 colonists in Aliens, and that was already established colony with atmosphere processor slowly changing its planetary climate. I mean, if this is the biggest crew of all. . well, that could mean something. I was also thinking about eggmorphing, my previous Idea was that these two thousand good souls could be all the Alien eggs from the first movie, its just an idea. Because clearly, we have a huge pile of meat for David experiments or a one, huge and monumental tragedy in the history of mankind space program, at least in Alien universe. I really think, that the Covenant ship just cant be so simply lost. . damn, its a huge expensive ship with a lot of people in it, the whole plan to arrive on Origae-6 must be somehow monitored from Earth headquarters or something like that, even the David at the end send a message back to Earth. . this fact show us, that the David basically uncover himself a little bit (still as a Walter) but its very interesting. Paradise was an unknown extraterrestial planet, but Origae-6 is a planet that humans study for a long time, so. . I mean, its a planet that is important for humanity, I have a strong feeling that everything just ends here, on this planet. Im trying to say that David is a little bit in a corner here. . you know, an unknown rogue Android on a pretty well documented and categorized planet, where he goes next if things go wrong here, huh? I want that movie just now, Im so glad that we will see another one.

0321recon

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Dec 09, 2017, 05:09:22 PM

Ridley did mention the Engineers are coming back for the next film. He talks about them finding their world decimated and wanting revenge.

I guess more than half of those colonists are going to become David's xeno army to battle the Engineers. In addition, the company is going to be involved, so either we'll see some Colonial Marines trying to grab one of the creature and take David when the Engineers come in.   

Deathbearer

Quote from: The Crusher on Dec 09, 2017, 11:27:09 AM
that would make up for everything.

Only, and ONLY if David finally got put down. I'm sick of his character.

Romansky

Scorpio

David is the best character in the series. 

Sway

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 04, 2017, 08:34:20 PM
Ridley is right.  A new movie focusing on David would be fantastic.  A great way to revive the franchise, rather than bogging it down in the tropes of the past. 

Can't wait for Covenant 2, I had a blast with Covenant 1 and Prometheus.  Keep them coming Ridley Scott.  :)

Amen.

Alionic

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 10, 2017, 12:30:15 AM
David is the best character in the series.

I'd say he's tied with Ash and Ripley.

david8

david8

david, though i have a soft spot for oram

SiL

I think Ridley's forgotten which of his films was about AI gone bad and which was about space aliens.

monkeylove

Quote from: Kurai on Dec 09, 2017, 04:42:49 PM

He doesn't have to, in fact I think many of us would prefer if he didn't. If the Aliens on Lv 426 were wholly unrelated to David, I for one would rejoice.

In that case, we will have two timelines. I don't mind that as long as they can still develop the first, but I'm not counting on that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed