Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 249,843 times)

Jonesy1974

It's maybe not so much pulse rifles and queens and more about wanting to replicate the feel of the original films.

A bit like what they did with The Force Awakens. Then everyone can complain that they've just copied Aliens and how it should be more original.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
The salt is real in this thread

Not to mention the histrionical rants are a bit thick in this thread.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Total Recall Reboot? Robocop Reboot? The Thing Reboot? Clash of The Titans Reboot? Ghostbusters Reboot? They are all million times worst than their originals. Why you even need any reboot? Well, its because Hollywood almost lost all their unique ideas, so now they need a new territory for it. . so, what about comic book super heroes? Or reboots of old classics. . you know, if this is the kind of a way how someone thinks, we are all doomed. We need new movies, or their good continuations, new ideas and unique elements, we dont want to see our best movies destroyed by their new shitty reboots. I hope that FOX will never let anyone reboot the original Alien or at least first three movies, because I loved them. I Hate reboots in general, and I will never fully understand anyone who likes them. There are only two reboots that Im proud for, The Peter Jackson's King Kong and the Dawn of the Dead from Zack Snyder, both these movies was done previously on old black and white screens. These two reboots are a miracles among all the shitty ones.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Dec 05, 2017, 08:21:42 PM
Why you even need any reboot? I Hate reboots in general, and I will never fully understand anyone who likes them.
Quite simple. Audiences are generational and they die off. Future generation audiences may have no interest in going to the theater to watch your version/era of the xeno story. Reboots/remakes have been around for decades, there just wasn't any internet around for thousands to complain about them.

joylit

I guess there will be no Aliens in the next Alien movie because Fox won't spend any money on special effects. I suspect Ridley just wants to earn his salary and won't even care if the movie is a success or not.

SM

Why?

Jonesy1974

Obviously Ridleys pension doesn't cover the bills so he's still making movies at eighty to make ends meet.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 04, 2017, 09:50:57 PM
Engineers + AI sounds far more interesting than Marines + Pulse Rifles.

But for some reason, most fans seem to want the latter.  ???

...have it all? Have them all?

Why there's some arbitrary line in the sand between different elements I'll never know. Don't you want ALL of that in a pot? They're not mutually exclusive...

SM

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 05, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
Obviously Ridleys pension doesn't cover the bills so he's still making movies at eighty to make ends meet.

Ah, right.  Superannuation film making.

Highland

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:16:48 PM
Can we also stop generalizing people if they don't like where this prequel series is going? If someone speaks against it they're automatically said to be a drone who wants pulse rifles and aliens

Maybe it's because most of the people trashing the prequels are demanding pulse rifles and alien queens in between personally attacking Ridley Scott ("Senile! George Lucas clone!" etc.).

If we are going to keep this fake argument going, maybe we should mention the other group that defend anything Scott says or does. The man is taking the alcohol out of beer and you're still trying to tell us it'll be a great time at the beer festival.

RayneStorm82

It's not the beast that's cooked, it's Ridley.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 10:27:15 PM

Yep, not only is he senile, past his best and on a one man mission to destroy the alien franchise, apparently he's also greedy.

tleilaxu

Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Dec 05, 2017, 10:38:56 PM
Starting to think all the accounts re-posting this post belong to the same person.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 05, 2017, 10:39:28 PM

Yep, not only is he senile, past his best and on a one man mission to destroy the alien franchise, apparently he's also greedy.
Not to mention literally being George Lucas.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 05, 2017, 10:40:32 PM
Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Dec 05, 2017, 10:38:56 PM
Starting to think all the accounts re-posting this post belong to the same person.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 05, 2017, 10:39:28 PM

Not to mention literally being George Lucas.

One thing Ridley and George do share is incredibly ungrateful 'fans'

Highland

I don't think money would matter to him, that would be weird for someone that old who's primary interest is an art. Just doesn't seem to fit the character. Power though...maybe, but he's been left out of the Alien loop plenty before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed