Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 153,306 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 12, 2012, 05:00:11 AMI think the main reason why Snow White is doing well because it's based on a classic fairy tale. It's not that hard to figure out. Most people remember Snow White from the classic Disney film from the late 1930's and the trailers for the film made most people check it out from what I've seen.

It's also a good and honest fantasy adventure film. And it has Ian McShane as a dwarf, which is f**king awesome. ;D

Gazz

Gazz

But then Cosmopolis hasn't been marketed towards the Twilight fan club (hell, it has barely been marketed at all). Snow White was a big budget film that placed Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron center stage with a heavy marketing campaign. Of course it was going to pull in a percentage of twilight fans.

A little OT but i thought the film itself was a bit of a mess. Felt a little too rushed and introduced way too many characters (some of which came too late in the film) but Charlize Theron was splendid and some of the visual ideas were an absolute treat. With a little more focus it could have been brilliant.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 12, 2012, 11:34:54 AMA little OT but i thought the film itself was a bit of a mess. Felt a little too rushed and introduced way too many characters (some of which came too late in the film) but Charlize Theron was splendid and some of the visual ideas were an absolute treat. With a little more focus it could have been brilliant.

Clever. Very clever.

Gazz

Gazz

;D

I actually wasn't intending to be clever but I do agree that the same applies to Prometheus (except the too many characters remark). That being said Prometheus engaged me far more than Snow White did.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 12, 2012, 11:34:54 AM
But then Cosmopolis hasn't been marketed towards the Twilight fan club (hell, it has barely been marketed at all). Snow White was a big budget film that placed Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron center stage with a heavy marketing campaign. Of course it was going to pull in a percentage of twilight fans.

A little OT but i thought the film itself was a bit of a mess. Felt a little too rushed and introduced way too many characters (some of which came too late in the film) but Charlize Theron was splendid and some of the visual ideas were an absolute treat. With a little more focus it could have been brilliant.

While I loved Snow White and the Huntsman, I do agree that some characters should have been introduced earlier (mainly the dwarfs).  I think another 30 minutes would have served the film well - especially considering its epic scale and approach.  And more Queen Ravenna is never bad. :)  I'm glad to hear you thought Charlize was splendid.  I can't picture anybody else in the role.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jul 12, 2012, 11:39:10 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Jul 12, 2012, 11:34:54 AMA little OT but i thought the film itself was a bit of a mess. Felt a little too rushed and introduced way too many characters (some of which came too late in the film) but Charlize Theron was splendid and some of the visual ideas were an absolute treat. With a little more focus it could have been brilliant.

Clever. Very clever.

Snow White needs an extended cut...  ;)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Snow White isn't doing much better business than Prometheus...and their production budgets are similar. Taking that into consideration...I think both films have been a modest success....I mean...Prometheus has made over a hundred million...that's huge (not in numbers but in sheer interest).

I just am awaiting the green light for the sequel.

Gazz

Gazz

Snow White was made for $40 million more and the PG13 rating/ Kristen Stewart/ Chris Hemsworth combo always ensured it would make more. They'll both end up shy of their production budget domestically, but in terms of WW box office they're doing good business.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Shitty Snow White movie is shitty.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 12, 2012, 04:10:42 PM
Shitty Snow White movie is shitty.

This.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2012, 05:57:40 AM
And yet Mirror, Mirror only made half of what Snow White did.

Maybe because Mirror, Mirror look like shit and most people that I seen said that the movie looked stupid. With the other Snow White film, most people said that the movie look cool. Funny how the more mature Snow White movie made more then Mirror, Mirror since Mirror, Mirror is a family film. Often the family films win over the adult oriented  films . Disney's Mission to Mars made more money then Red Planet at the box office 12 years ago.

I guess Mirror, Mirror look bad enough that not even kids wanted to go see it? I still think Prometheus did great for a movie that had a budget of 130 million.

SM

SM

QuoteMaybe because Mirror, Mirror look like shit and most people that I seen said that the movie looked stupid.

Anecdotal stories about your friends aside, both films reviewed about the same.

Wonder if maybe, just maybe, Kristen Stewart might've raked in a bit of box office there....

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I think it was the trailer that aided SWatH. Lots of cool battle scenes, VFX, a generally interesting looking style- people at the time said it looked very Lord of the Rings.
Mirror Mirror looked much sillier.

SM

SM

Well it was a comedy.

And Phil Collins' little girl is much easier on the eye than Stewart while we're at it...

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2012, 10:54:29 PM
QuoteMaybe because Mirror, Mirror look like shit and most people that I seen said that the movie looked stupid.

Anecdotal stories about your friends aside, both films reviewed about the same.

Wonder if maybe, just maybe, Kristen Stewart might've raked in a bit of box office there....
...  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed