Cosmic horror in the Alien franchise

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 16, 2023, 05:37:56 AM

Author
Cosmic horror in the Alien franchise (Read 8,143 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I actually dig the idea 8)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 02, 2024, 02:46:51 AMHow do you guys feel if anything that It's related To the xenomorph, Came from a black hole.
I'd need a bit more detail about what you mean by that.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 12:32:45 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 02, 2024, 02:46:51 AMHow do you guys feel if anything that It's related To the xenomorph, Came from a black hole.
I'd need a bit more detail about what you mean by that.
Maybe, the black goo is made from a black hole, or something like an organism came out from the black hole. I'm just spitting ideas here

[cancerblack]

I'm not sure either of those are quite how black holes work.

I'm into the idea of them being some kind of Primordial Other native to the Outer Dark though.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 03, 2024, 01:31:37 AMI'm not sure either of those are quite how black holes work.

I'm into the idea of them being some kind of Primordial Other native to the Outer Dark though.
I'm actually good with that Idea. I just thought this could've been more effective on bringing how mysterious these creature are.

Besides, this idea was inspired by this comic by Spaghetti bastard
https://www.tumblr.com/spaghettibastard/617562903507337216/prison-break

Immortan Jonesy

:o These are the real questions!

Thatguy2068

I was recently watching Nope (It was really good) I thought it came to mine. What if The derelict ship and other ships made by the Space Jockeys were actually living beings.

SM

SM

That idea has been around for a while. I once thought it possible that the Derelict is a dead and shriveled Juggernaut to explain the different size and shape.

However the interior doesn't really reflect this.

BlueMarsalis79

We do see the interior reflect that in Alien Covenant. 

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:19:18 PMThat idea has been around for a while.
Kind of wish that we should see more of this and acted as animal rather than just organic ships. Even if that's a unique idea on itself

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Yesterday at 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:19:18 PMThat idea has been around for a while.
Kind of wish that we should see more of this and acted as animal rather than just organic ships. Even if that's a unique idea on itself

If you like the idea of organic/living ships, you should enjoy the sci-fi tv series 'Lexx' 😃👍

Immortan Jonesy

Nope's creature rocks! 8)

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Yesterday at 07:18:48 PMI was recently watching Nope (It was really good) I thought it came to mine. What if The derelict ship and other ships made by the Space Jockeys were actually living beings.

Like Farscape's Leviathan? ???

There's a leviathan living ship in the Zerg lore from Starcraft²...plus the Tyranid fleet from Warhammer 40k

Personally, I would have liked the Giant Dome Head in Prometheus to be inside the Juggernaut and be a living computer that is the brain of the ship. The Space Jockey could grow from the chair as a manifestation of the living machine.

The three being one and the same entity, i.e zero albino Engineers :laugh:

Also, the ship being somehow bigger on the inside than on the outside like a case of...🤔

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Yesterday at 11:18:55 PMPersonally, I would have liked the Giant Dome Head in Prometheus to be inside the Juggernaut and be a living computer that is the brain of the ship. The Space Jockey could grow from the chair as a manifestation of the living machine.

The three being one and the same entity, i.e zero albino Engineers :laugh:

There two ways we can interpret this. Either one The Space Jockey and the Derelict are in A symbiotic relationship like the Farscape's Leviathan or the Derelict is part of the Space Jockey itself.

SM

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 10:22:12 PMWe do see the interior reflect that in Alien Covenant. 

How?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed