Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,132 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 29, 2019, 12:19:39 PMBody Snatchers (1993)
A great version of the tale. Doesn't get as much love as it should

Is that the Daniel Craig one?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2019, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 29, 2019, 12:19:39 PMBody Snatchers (1993)
A great version of the tale. Doesn't get as much love as it should

Is that the Daniel Craig one?

No that was Invasion.

This was the Abel Ferrera one, with Forest Whittaker and Meg Tilly on the Army base

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2019, 09:52:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 27, 2019, 04:37:03 PM
District 9 (1/5)

Dafuq? That's possibly my favourite film of the last decade.

You're really harsh on rating movies. Which might not be so bad if you actually offered some kind of elaboration on why you rate them so low, but all you give us is a score out of five lol.

"I ain't got time to elaborate"

P-Rock

P-Rock

Dark City (1998)
Underrated sci-fi flick about a guy who wakes up with memory loss and finds out the world he lives in isn't what it seems. It looks amazing, has a great soundtrack, good acting and an intelligent story. It's not perfect but it comes close. Too bad that Alex Proyas lost his touch after this. 8.5/10

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: P-Rock on Jul 29, 2019, 01:53:58 PM
Dark City (1998)
Underrated sci-fi flick about a guy who wakes up with memory loss and finds out the world he lives in isn't what it seems. It looks amazing, has a great soundtrack, good acting and an intelligent story. It's not perfect but it comes close. Too bad that Alex Proyas lost his touch after this. 8.5/10

One of my favorite films.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 29, 2019, 05:55:42 PM
Quote from: P-Rock on Jul 29, 2019, 01:53:58 PM
Dark City (1998)

One of my favorite films.

Dark City is f**king awesome.  Proyas hit it out of the park with both The Crow and Dark City. 

The Matrix was apparently heavily influenced by Dark City

P-Rock

P-Rock

Dracula 3D (2012) Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Sometimes I get the feeling that Dario Argento (director of classic horror movies Suspiria, Deep Red and Phenomena) only keeps making movies so he can get his daughter naked. It very obviously tries to mimic a Hammer Horror, but it fails on almost all fronts. The wooden acting (even the usually reliable Rutger Hauer sleepwalks through his role), the cheap looking cinematography, the terrible cgi... The scene where Dracula, in the form of a giant cgi praying mantis, comes up the stairs has to been seen to be believed. Only the music by Argento's regular composer Claudio Simonetti is good. I think this movie would've worked a bit better if it was in black and white instead of color, because then you would have the feeling it's an intentional schlockfest. 4/10

The Old One

The Old One

The Green Book,
starring Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2019, 07:46:44 PM
The Green Book,

I enjoyed this film. The two leads had great chemistry.
Couldn't believe how much Viggo piled on the kilos for this role. Fatty Aragorn ... hahaha.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Not really bad but I'm just bored with all the typical Marvel stuff. Rather have me some Blade, Deadpool or X-Men.
I hope their next phases will be more interesting.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Frankenstein Unbound

John Hurt successfully carries this odd little film. It's too bad Raul Julia was so restrained, though, and the Monster here is really goddamn goofy. And the weird meta subplot with Mary Shelley felt tacked on and random.

"I just wanted to create a weapon... that wouldn't destroy the world!" That's some Resident Evil 1 level dialogue right there. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Wound up unintentionally celebrating Laurence Fishburne's birthday yesterday with a double bill.

Hoodlum

Decent enough but by no means great gangster film. Bonus points for being directed by Mac from Predator but it feels overly long in places and the budget occasionally shows. Tim Roth is clearly having a riot as the psychotic Dutch Schultz though. Also really liked how the hero ultimately had no physical involvement in killing the villain. In fact, I'm pretty sure they only ever met twice and both times were in the first half of the movie. That was refreshingly different.

Event Horizon

It's such a shame the final act of this doesn't live up to the promise of the first two. You can literally pinpoint the moment things take a downturn - right after the Lewis & Clark blows up. Still, disappointingly conventional finale aside, this remains a cracking movie. Fishburne is great in the lead role, it's probably my favourite performance of his. I especially love when they finally uncover the video showing what happened to the original crew, and after you're subjected to 30 seconds of unspeakably horrific mutilation and murder he just switches it off and deadpans, "We're leaving." Cracks me up every time. The bit where Sam Neill explains the gravity drive by poking a pen through a centrefold is another memorable highlight.

Easily Anderson's best movie. It's a shame his AVP wasn't more in line with this.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 31, 2019, 08:27:24 AM

Event Horizon

It's such a shame the final act of this doesn't live up to the promise of the first two. You can literally pinpoint the moment things take a downturn - right after the Lewis & Clark blows up. Still, disappointingly conventional finale aside, this remains a cracking movie. Fishburne is great in the lead role, it's probably my favourite performance of his. I especially love when they finally uncover the video showing what happened to the original crew, and after you're subjected to 30 seconds of unspeakably horrific mutilation and murder he just switches it off and deadpans, "We're leaving." Cracks me up every time. The bit where Sam Neill explains the gravity drive by poking a pen through a centrefold is another memorable highlight.

Easily Anderson's best movie. It's a shame his AVP wasn't more in line with this.

It is a great film. Shame a lot of the footage was lost and not cared for properly

Sean Pertwee doing what he does best in these films  :D

Quote from: Prez on Jul 31, 2019, 12:00:15 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2019, 07:46:44 PM
The Green Book,

I enjoyed this film. The two leads had great chemistry.
Couldn't believe how much Viggo piled on the kilos for this role. Fatty Aragorn ... hahaha.

It is a great film yeah. And the one that ended up giving us Blade in the MCU lol

The Current War
This was a great film. Moved along much quicker than i expected it too. Visually stunning in places

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 31, 2019, 12:10:06 PMIt is a great film. Shame a lot of the footage was lost and not cared for properly

Definitely. Especially given that everyone involved, even the studio, actively wanted to do an extended cut.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 31, 2019, 12:10:06 PMSean Pertwee doing what he does best in these films  :D

Sean Pertwee's excellent in everything. Especially Dog Soldiers. "I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying f*cking cow!" :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 31, 2019, 08:27:24 AM
Event Horizon

Great film and certainly one of the better sci-fi horror movies. And nice to see Sam Neill in another Lovecraftian flick.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 31, 2019, 03:14:22 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 31, 2019, 12:10:06 PMIt is a great film. Shame a lot of the footage was lost and not cared for properly

Definitely. Especially given that everyone involved, even the studio, actively wanted to do an extended cut.

Thought the only lost footage was a longer scene of what happened to the old crew.
At first I thought it would've been sweet to see in an extended cut but in hindsight I think less is more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed