Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,424 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 04, 2019, 04:44:37 PM
Alien (1979)

Hmm. What is this movie? I must check it out!

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, it's not bad. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Road to perdition - bluray

Haven't seen it in years.

What a masterpiece. The cinematography, acting, and by far Thomas Newman's best score.

A masterwork.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 04, 2019, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Mar 04, 2019, 04:44:37 PM
Alien (1979)

Hmm. What is this movie? I must check it out!

It's got a sequel with a pretty hot cast.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (2009)

Superbad (2007)

Pineapple Express (2008)

This Is the End (2013)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 05, 2019, 02:05:02 PM
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (2009)

Superbad (2007)

Pineapple Express (2008)

This Is the End (2013)

He's old enough...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Moneyball
was okay. Bit slow and didnt grab me

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 04, 2019, 09:04:57 PM
Road to perdition - bluray

Haven't seen it in years.

What a masterpiece. The cinematography, acting, and by far Thomas Newman's best score.

A masterwork.

It really is

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bending the Rules
An okay Action Comedy from WWE studios. Edge aquits himself better than other wrestlers turned actors

Alien - 40th Anniversary Re-Issue
Amazing on the big screen. The model work and sets really pop. They still stand the test of time. I forgot how quickly it kicks into gear once the Alien appears. I would really love them to do a 30th Anniversary re-issue of Alien 3 (maybe with a new final cut, or at least the extended cut from the Anthology boxset

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Death of Superman 10/10

Reign of the Supermen 9.5/10

DC are on a roll with the animated movies

Shasvre

Shasvre

Captain Marvel (2019)

Just came back from seeing this and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The cast is the strong part of the film. Brie Larson shines as Carol Danvers and brings a lot of heart and emotion to the character, something the trailers didn't showcase enough. Fury is Fury and you know what to expect at this point. It was nice seeing Coulson again, even if just as a rookie and not a whole lot to do.

Ben Mendelsohn does steal the show a bit as Talos and seems to have a lot of fun. That is something that can be said for several actors in this film, who really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Brie Larson certainly, but also Annette Bening, who is such a welcome addition to the cast. Brie also gets to have a few heartwarming moments with fellow actress Lashana Lynch.

The narrative of the film flows quite well, with Carol's character and past shrouded in mystery. The conflict between the Skrulls and Kree is well established and I really enjoy seeing the Skrulls in action. If there is something missing from the film, it's a threatening villain. There is no one who feels like they can really oppose Carol, even in the midst of all the action. As such, the third act suffers from a lack of stakes.

It's beautifully shot, very funny (and not so funny at other parts, though few and far between) and delivers a lot of throwbacks to the 90s without being too on the nose about it.

I'd give it a solid 7/10 if I'd have to rate it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Is there Nine Inch Nails, or just the t-shirt?

Shasvre

Shasvre

I've never listened to NIN, so I honestly couldn't tell. :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Well, if you heard the most amazing thing ever, that'd probably either be NIN or a humpback whale climaxing in a tunnel. I think Marvel is still a few years away from branching into the latter.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Aquaman (2018)
Little better than average.
Didn't know about the underwater sci-fi stuff. The whole crazy coloured places and things were a little too much for me.
Preferred the on land parts.
Jason Momoa improved a little as actor. It was nice to see William Dafoe and even better to see Dolph Lundgren who was the coolest thing in the entire movie.

Jersey Boys (2014)
About Franky Valli and The 4 Seasons, directed by Clint Eastwood.
Pretty good. Not sure if it was accurate but I certainly enjoyed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed