Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,499 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 22, 2019, 02:49:52 AM
Anyone seen A Man Called Ove (En Man Som Heter Ove)?
I really recommend that one. Beautiful movie about a grumpy, old widower.
Or you could wait for the American remake with Tom Hanks or Will Ferrell (really).

The one they call Mr. Rogers eh?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2019, 03:09:49 AM
Or you could wait for the American remake with Tom Hanks or Will Ferrell (really).

The one they call Mr. Rogers eh?

Guess that's from that christmas movie I never saw.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Haven't seen the film, but I have read the book a few times. :)

Huggs

Huggs

Manhunter - Bluray

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2019, 06:00:48 PM
Manhunter - Bluray

Dude!  DUDE!

I LOVE MANHUNTER!

So much better than that Red Dragon. Michael Mann did such a great job.

Huggs

Huggs

I preferred red Dragon, until I saw season 3 of Hannibal take it on. Now that's my favorite version.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So for you, "Manhunter" is...

(gasp)

.... third?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 22, 2019, 06:58:33 PM
So for you, "Manhunter" is...

(gasp)

.... third?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/NQRRqqkImJ3Da/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7046334732794d6f05a2a4

The cast and quality of red Dragon lands it firmly in second, yes.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Well, I will say- in spite of Brett Ratner's best efforts Ralph Fiennes is arguably more engaging than Tom Noonan, but William Petersen blows the affable Edward Norton away. Manhunter as a film is certainly better though (Michael Mann) but it doesn't really matter- the best adaptation is the NBC series. It even improves upon some dated coding- shall we say, of elements of the original Thomas Harris books.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 22, 2019, 08:59:02 PM
Well, I will say- in spite of Brett Ratner's best efforts Ralph Fiennes is arguably more engaging than Tom Noonan, but William Petersen blows the affable Edward Norton away. Manhunter as a film is certainly better though (Michael Mann) but it doesn't really matter- the best adaptation is the NBC series. It even improves upon some dated coding- shall we say, of elements of the original Thomas Harris books.

Fiennes and Hopkins made the difference for me. But nbc's version was just exquisite.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

And how did you feel about "Manhunter" overall?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 22, 2019, 09:12:49 PM

More entertaining than my first viewing. I only saw it for the first time this past year. I've been watching red Dragon since it came out, so I'm likely biased.

The dialogue is basically the same, so it was a bit difficult to get used to that at first. Like the new version of true grit was difficult for me to adjust to because the dialogue was almost word for word with the original.

It doesn't feel nearly as detailed as the other films , and Brian doesn't bring the thunder like Hopkins or Mads. Noonan was quite a letdown. Peterson and Farina were great, and it was nice to see some of the cast from the other films in different roles.

It's definitely watchable , but i just think it could've been much better.

I give it 3/5.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mandy

This just gets better for me every time.

Cheddar Goblin/10

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2019, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 22, 2019, 09:12:49 PM

More entertaining than my first viewing. I only saw it for the first time this past year. I've been watching red Dragon since it came out, so I'm likely biased.

The dialogue is basically the same, so it was a bit difficult to get used to that at first. Like the new version of true grit was difficult for me to adjust to because the dialogue was almost word for word with the original.

It doesn't feel nearly as detailed as the other films , and Brian doesn't bring the thunder like Hopkins or Mads. Noonan was quite a letdown. Peterson and Farina were great, and it was nice to see some of the cast from the other films in different roles.

It's definitely watchable , but i just think it could've been much better.

I give it 3/5.

Well I'm with Old One that Manhunter is such a better crafted movie than Ratner's Red Dragon, but I'll go one step further and say Noonan is better than Fiennes, and then I'll go controversial... Cox over Hopkins in these two films only. I think Hopkin's spends his time between hamming it up and mailing it in, and the approach by Cox is just right.

Now the only question remains is, am I going to pay for saying that?  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed