Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,283 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 21, 2018, 06:57:03 AM
Snatch (2000)
Another classic. Can't believe it's almost twenty years old.
Wish Guy Ritchie would still make movies like this. Last one's Rocknrolla from 2008.

I have a copy of Rocknrolla somewhere that I still haven't watched.  Snatch is one of the greatest flicks ever period.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2018, 01:26:43 AMI have a copy of Rocknrolla somewhere that I still haven't watched.  Snatch is one of the greatest flicks ever period.

It doesn't live up to Lock, Stock... or Snatch, but it's still well worth a watch. Mark Strong is excellent in it as always.

Saw Darkest Hour last night. It's one of those films that's elevated no end by the central performance, but when the performance is as good as Oldman's in this - possibly the best of his career - it really doesn't matter. Definitely recommend.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2018, 08:58:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2018, 01:26:43 AMI have a copy of Rocknrolla somewhere that I still haven't watched.  Snatch is one of the greatest flicks ever period.

It doesn't live up to Lock, Stock... or Snatch, but it's still well worth a watch. Mark Strong is excellent in it as always.

Saw Darkest Hour last night. It's one of those films that's elevated no end by the central performance, but when the performance is as good as Oldman's in this - possibly the best of his career - it really doesn't matter. Definitely recommend.

Those russians man...  :laugh:

Thor Ragnarok

I found it actually pretty funny, i expect almost nothing from a Marvel movie in general, but this one entertained me efficiently i must admit.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Post
Started off slow and I thought this was going to be a safe Spielberg film, but then about 50 minutes in you realise how subtle the performances have been and the light switch just goes on. An amazing and timely film and Meryl Streep deserves her Oscar Nom (Although I am pissed that Jessica Chastain Wasn't nominated for Molly's Game)

The Greatest Showman
You could only do this film as a musical. Some fantastic original songs that Hugh Jackman and cast really sink their teeth into. Visually stunning, although yes it is the popcorn telling of the story

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phenomena

That f**king ending. :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 24, 2018, 11:34:21 PM
Phenomena

That f**king ending. :laugh:

Hahahahaha that movie shocked me when i was a kid ! This f**king disfigured-kid killer WTF !!! And the monkey savior,  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, didn't know what to think at the time... Still don't know now, damn you Argento  :D

theDecline84

theDecline84

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Question. how many of the books is the movie based on? is it just the first one?

D88M

D88M

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Better than expected despite the low budget, the songs are good.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2018, 02:08:31 PM

Those russians man...  :laugh:

Thor Ragnarok

I found it actually pretty funny, i expect almost nothing from a Marvel movie in general, but this one entertained me efficiently i must admit.

Well that is ironically the worst of the mcu movie so far, which is saying a lot because most of them are not very good either, but yeah, in the technicall aspect is well made and entertainning, is just so dumb of a movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Joe Dirt (2001)
Ok comedy. Been a while since I watched it.

This.

Saw it again two days ago. I think it's a little more serious and less nutty than the other two, making most of the dialogue more normal and less memorable. And those dialogues are an inmortant element imo.

Quote from: D88M on Jan 25, 2018, 04:52:36 AMWell that is ironically the worst of the mcu movie so far, which is saying a lot because most of them are not very good either, but yeah, in the technicall aspect is well made and entertainning, is just so dumb of a movie.

Why is it the worst?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Knock Off (1998)
A fun American/Hong Kong Action film with JCVD and Rob Schneider. Bit of knock about fun, wish some great fight scenes but some cheesy effects for explosions

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mortal Kombat

Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses, asshole.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 25, 2018, 10:52:43 PM

Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses, asshole.

The second best line in movie history.

(the first being: "Who gives a shit what you believe?! In 30 seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes."

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

I watched Outland while I worked.

'...or I might just kick your nasty arse all over this room. That's a Marshall joke'.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lake Placid
A great film to chill too. I always remember Oliver Platt and Brendan Gleeson's interplay more than Pullman and Fonda. Still haven't seen any of the DTV sequels yet lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: farsightblogger on Jan 26, 2018, 09:57:00 AMI watched Outland while I worked.

'...or I might just kick your nasty arse all over this room. That's a Marshall joke'.

I re-watched it recently too. There's some really great dialogue in there. Especially from Marshal Waits O'Neil and the doctor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed