Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,133 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Oh god... this was bad. Like, worse than I remembered.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I remember walking out of the cinema aged 13 the moment Arnie put on the star sunglasses

Red State 9/10

By far and away Kevin Smith's best movie since Chasing Amy.  Michael Parks sermon monologue ranks with one of the best performances in recent years

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ant-Man

I honestly kind of loved this movie. After the last several MCU films expanding the universe and turning things on their heads, it was refreshing to have a simple, back to basics superhero movie. My only issue is that they had the foundation for a really interesting villain, but it wasn't elaborated on enough to really make the hero/villain dynamic stand out. Corey Stoll f**king killed it, though. The way he calmly puts his hand on a guy's shoulder with every intention of killing him later... damn.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

AVPR(i watched it in my nightmares)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Con Air

This was glorious.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 19, 2015, 09:15:39 PM

That's not possible unless you fixed the color grading and brightness in your mind first.

Chappie

Finally got around to seeing it, you know I'm a big fan of Neill Blomkamp and I really wanted to like this film which I did for the most part but man some scenes really didn't sit well with me. At moments I felt the movie was losing focus, is this a film about the group Die Antwoord, Chappie, AI and or putting our consciousness into a machine? I feel as if Neil Blomkamp has ran out of ideas to milk his ghetto, graffiti, sci-fi action, south African universe that he is so very much obsessed with.

I couldn't help but feel the movie was quite unoriginal. Tons of scenes and imagery screams Robocop, a few plot twists felt a bit like Blade Runner with the whole machine not built to last the machine all bent out of shape because it wants to live. The whole transfer of consciousness to a vessel that looks just like you near the end, Avatar anyone?

Either way entertaining for sure, it started off really well, but near the end things got really silly for me.

7/10.

----------------

Terminator Genisys

I'll make this one short as possible. I can get into so much detail to why I didn't like this film and what I would have done with this film if I had the same budget, hard R, violent as hell and a villain you're absolutely terrified of, but I'll just say this instead... I can't believe how much time as gone by since T2, that all three directors have failed to do what James Cameron has done. They just don't get it...

5/10

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 21, 2015, 06:05:45 AM

That's not possible unless you fixed the color grading and brightness in your mind first.

Chappie

Finally got around to seeing it, you know I'm a big fan of Neill Blomkamp and I really wanted to like this film which I did for the most part but man some scenes really didn't sit well with me. At moments I felt the movie was losing focus, is this a film about the group Die Antwoord, Chappie, AI and or putting our consciousness into a machine? I feel as if Neil Blomkamp has ran out of ideas to milk his ghetto, graffiti, sci-fi action, south African universe that he is so very much obsessed with.

I couldn't help but feel the movie was quite unoriginal. Tons of scenes and imagery screams Robocop, a few plot twists felt a bit like Blade Runner with the whole machine not built to last the machine all bent out of shape because it wants to live. The whole transfer of consciousness to a vessel that looks just like you near the end, Avatar anyone?

Either way entertaining for sure, it started off really well, but near the end things got really silly for me.

7/10.

----------------

Terminator Genisys

I'll make this one short as possible. I can get into so much detail to why I didn't like this film and what I would have done with this film if I had the same budget, hard R, violent as hell and a villain you're absolutely terrified of, but I'll just say this instead... I can't believe how much time as gone by since T2, that all three directors have failed to do what James Cameron has done. They just don't get it...

5/10
LOL  :D :That is why it was in my nightmares it was so dark and getting snogged by a predalien is my worst fears

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 21, 2015, 12:51:56 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Finally someone laughs at my jokes yes the path to power is near.

Ok serious this time Predator 2 that movie is awesome and under rated but was a bit chessy i have to admit

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 21, 2015, 06:33:59 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Ben-Hur

I've been trying to brush up on my classic movie watching. Ben Hur was, at the time, the most expensive film ever produced, including some of the most batshit insane sets, props, and extras the civilized world had ever seen. They really spared no expense. It was also a remake of a 1925 silent film, lol, which goes to show you that remakes don't always have to be shit.

Anyway, Charlton Heston plays one of the most dashing Jews this side of Sigmund Freud, and the film has as many powerful performances and rich, sweaty drama as it does jaw-dropping spectacles. They really did all that shit, and it makes me cry computer-generated tears in front of this low-budget greenscreen cartoon existence we now call reality.

My final opinion of the film is...        ...   Overture

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 23, 2015, 02:11:32 AM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 21, 2015, 06:33:59 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Ben-Hur

I've been trying to brush up on my classic movie watching. Ben Hur was, at the time, the most expensive film ever produced, including some of the most batshit insane sets, props, and extras the civilized world had ever seen. They really spared no expense. It was also a remake of a 1925 silent film, lol, which goes to show you that remakes don't always have to be shit.

Anyway, Charlton Heston plays one of the most dashing Jews this side of Sigmund Freud, and the film has as many powerful performances and rich, sweaty drama as it does jaw-dropping spectacles. They really did all that shit, and it makes me cry computer-generated tears in front of this low-budget greenscreen cartoon existence we now call reality.

My final opinion of the film is...        ...   Overture

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/d/a/daily-songz.gif?1
I saw the picture and i am in the library and i burst out laughing very awkward  :-[

Novak 1334

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

So... it's like Battle for the Planet of the Apes, only it's not terrible. :laugh: Pretty good movie on the whole, but I think I liked Rise better.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2015, 03:41:36 AM

So... it's like Battle for the Planet of the Apes, only it's not terrible. :laugh: Pretty good movie on the whole, but I think I liked Rise better.

Really? That's interesting. I enjoyed Rise, but the CG monkey bugged me. I was very surprised at how awesome the Dawn apes managed to be. The CGI was mostly excellent and the, uh, acting from them was very good. I actually liked them more than the people. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 27, 2015, 03:47:27 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2015, 03:41:36 AM

Really? That's interesting. I enjoyed Rise, but the CG monkey bugged me. I was very surprised at how awesome the Dawn apes managed to be. The CGI was mostly excellent and the, uh, acting from them was very good. I actually liked them more than the people. :P

In Rise, I cared as much about Will and his father as I did about Caesar. Here, the humans consisted of lead guy, doctor woman, black guy, and asshole.

And honestly, I don't have the same knee jerk reaction to CG that the rest of the internet seems to have. If the story is good enough, I don't care.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2015, 03:52:58 AM
In Rise, I cared as much about Will and his father as I did about Caesar. Here, the humans consisted of lead guy, doctor woman, black guy, and asshole.

And honestly, I don't have the same knee jerk reaction to CG that the rest of the internet seems to have. If the story is good enough, I don't care.

I didn't mind the human characters, but maybe that's because I was so blown away by those simians and their drama.

I personally wouldn't call being critical of CGI 'knee jerk' since we've been getting handed cheaply-made, overused CGI for a few decades now, but I get what you're saying about the internets. Eloquence isn't exactly its strong suit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed