zombie movies...what others are there?

Started by MrLee, Jun 16, 2009, 03:53:10 PM

Author
zombie movies...what others are there? (Read 35,112 times)

pjdoodle

Did Savini do a good job directing the notld remake?

Cellien

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 16, 2009, 09:07:41 PM
Anybody mention Shaun of the Dead? BEST MOVIE. Ever.

I was going to say this one too.  It's really funny but a tad creepy too.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

To be honest the only four zombie movies that I really enjoyed were Zack Synder's remake of Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, and Planet Terror. I wish Zack would do a remake of Day of the Dead, but with more military action in it.

Fenrir

Night of the living dead (original) is a must.
the remake is enjoyable
NOTLD 3D sucks

the best for me is dawn of the dead original

* is evil dead zombie? aren't they kind of demons?

Undeadite

Quote from: pjdoodle on Jun 18, 2009, 03:02:52 AM
Did Savini do a good job directing the notld remake?

The NOTLD remake is generally well liked. Savini did a good job of keeping the same story while still changing things to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Quote from: Fenrir on Jun 18, 2009, 07:07:37 PM
* is evil dead zombie? aren't they kind of demons?

That is sort of a tough question because although people become possessed by demons, the dead still return to life (I mean there is an entire undead army in the third movie). I guess if you accept 28 Days Later as a zombie film, where the infected arent undead, then it isnt a stretch for The Evil Dead to be considered one as well.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Tom Savini's remake was OK but it isnt fantasic.  George a Romeros original Trilogy are the best IMO.  I have a copy of the Original Dawn of the Dead that isnt available in the shops, its the longest cut you'll ever find  ;D even got over 5 hours worth of Behind the scenes material of Day of dead which you cant buy in the shops.  Zombie Flesh eaters A.K.A Zombi 2 is another zombie classic.  There a zombie movie Sam Rami (Evil dead) Produced and even funded called The Dead Next Door, aint sene it but heard its gory as hell.

Alienseseses

I liked the NOTLD remake better than the original, oddly. For one, Romero still wrote it, so I don't feel guilty. But second, Barbara is an actual character, the effects are better, the character tension is amped up, and the ending is better IMO.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 18, 2009, 08:30:55 PM
I liked the NOTLD remake better than the original, oddly. For one, Romero still wrote it, so I don't feel guilty. But second, Barbara is an actual character, the effects are better, the character tension is amped up, and the ending is better IMO.

Well it was a while ago when i saw it so i might have another bash at it later on tonight.  But saying that ive always thought the original was best.  What ever you do DO NOT WATCH NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: SURVIVORS CUT! my god MAKES ME CRY! its terrible!!!!!!  Theres even a new cut of the Original black and white on with new scenes filmed just for the Aniversary, but ive not seen that one so i cant comment on it.

That Yellow Alien

NOTLD remake improves on the original by having Barbara do more than lay catatonic the entire film.

Alienseseses

And the ending was awesome.

Spoiler
Cooper: You came back!

Barbara's gun: BLAM!

Guys show up.

Barbara: Just another one for the fire.
[close]

xeno_alpha_07

The remake ending is good but again io do prefer the original.  It was dark/Grim for its time.  I goota ask, anyone whose seen the Original NOTLD do you prefer the black and white version or the colour graded version?  Black and white IMO.

Fenrir

black and white dude, that movie is dark even now.

That is sort of a tough question because although people become possessed by demons, the dead still return to life (I mean there is an entire undead army in the third movie). I guess if you accept 28 Days Later as a zombie film, where the infected arent undead, then it isnt a stretch for The Evil Dead to be considered one as well.

well yeah, but i prefer callin' them demons better than zombies.

return of the living dead is the shit also.

xeno_alpha_07

Quotereturn of the living dead is the shit also.

Aint watched that in ages! got the workprint to that to.  Didnt like Return of the living dead 3 or the other 2 they made.

Alienseseses

Black and white. The noirish shadows were a highlight.

xeno_alpha_07

I remember when i first watched NOTLD , it was on channel 4 (UK) very late at night and i had school the next morning.  Watched it from start to finish and i loved it! told everyone at school about it and they said thye thought it was sh!t because it was in black and white.  I bought the coloured version on VHS and it didnt have the same impact on me so i would change the colour setitngs on my TV to black and white.  Wathcing the 1990 remake as i type this  ;D tis thread has got me in a NOTLD mood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed