Upcoming Movies You Want To See

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jan 20, 2008, 06:08:33 PM

Author
Upcoming Movies You Want To See (Read 395,611 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Laufey on May 28, 2014, 05:29:39 PM
Right now Gone Girl and Dark Places are on the top of my list.

Did you finish Dark Places? I still haven't read that but I definitely plan to before the film comes out. The plot synopsis sounds interesting.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on May 28, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

Did you finish Dark Places? I still haven't read that but I definitely plan to before the film comes out. The plot synopsis sounds interesting.

I'm more than halfway through it and will probably finish it later tonight. So far it's really good. When you asked me if I was getting ready for the movie, I thought you meant Gone Girl. The fact that they were adapting this as well was something I had missed completely. :D

While Charlize Theron might not match the looks of the main character, Libby, that well, there's no denying she's perfect for a role like this. A damaged character, kind of an asshole, but still likeable. In many ways she reminds me of Charlize's character from Young Adult.

Though I have to question why on earth they would cast Christina Hendricks as a woman who was described as just "skin and bones" in the novel. :D

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Laufey on May 28, 2014, 05:51:38 PM
Quote from: Vickers on May 28, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

I'm more than halfway through it and will probably finish it later tonight. So far it's really good. When you asked me if I was getting ready for the movie, I thought you meant Gone Girl. The fact that they were adapting this as well was something I had missed completely. :D

While Charlize Theron might not match the looks of the main character, Libby, that well, there's no denying she's perfect for a role like this. A damaged character, kind of an asshole, but still likeable. In many ways she reminds me of Charlize's character from Young Adult.

Though I have to question why on earth they would cast Christina Hendricks as a woman who was described as just "skin and bones" in the novel. :D

The author was on the set of Dark Places for a few scenes and she said Charlize is perfect in the role. Apparently she carries herself amazingly well as the character.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on May 28, 2014, 06:19:06 PMThe author was on the set of Dark Places for a few scenes and she said Charlize is perfect in the role. Apparently she carries herself amazingly well as the character.

That's good to hear. I think I'll enjoy Gone Girl, both the book and the film (just like Charlize, Rosamund Pike is perfect casting), a bit more, but this nevertheless looks like it's going to be fantastic.

Do you intend to read Gone Girl as well, by the way?

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Laufey on May 28, 2014, 06:23:58 PM
Quote from: Vickers on May 28, 2014, 06:19:06 PMThe author was on the set of Dark Places for a few scenes and she said Charlize is perfect in the role. Apparently she carries herself amazingly well as the character.

That's good to hear. I think I'll enjoy Gone Girl, both the book and the film (just like Charlize, Rosamund Pike is perfect casting), a bit more, but this nevertheless looks like it's going to be fantastic.

Do you intend to read Gone Girl as well, by the way?

Yup, I'll probably read that too - although maybe only after I see the film.

I like Rosamund Pike and I actually think she could have made a great Selina Kyle too in Nolan's trilogy (not that I have a problem with Hathaway's portrayal).

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

At long last, late 80s/early 90s Brosnan is returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PSKL8XsfI#ws

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 07, 2014, 12:02:58 AM
At long last, late 80s/early 90s Brosnan is returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PSKL8XsfI#ws

The closest we'll get to another Brosnan Bond movie. I'm in.

First Blood

First Blood

There are quiet rumors that he may be in the fourth Expendables film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 09, 2014, 06:49:43 PM

So much for "One Last Ride" if that's the case.  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 09, 2014, 06:49:43 PM

Hm, seems like a miscast if you ask me.

First Blood

First Blood

Not really. Outside of the Bond films he's done his fair share of action movies.

r888

r888

Transformers Age of Extinction
Watch dogs
Assassin Creed
Far Cry the movie (hoping they would make one)
guardians of the galaxy
Godzilla 2
Pacific rim 2
Star wars 7

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: r888 on Jun 11, 2014, 04:30:41 AM

But they did. ;D

Spoiler
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 11, 2014, 09:16:55 PM
Quote from: r888 on Jun 11, 2014, 04:30:41 AM

But they did. ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Beat me to it.  :laugh:

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

I want another (Judge) Dredd movie, as unlikely as that's looking right now (despite the last film now achieving cult status).

Not much else on the horizon that really interests me except Mad Max: Fury Road - as long as it's more Road Warrior and less Thunderdome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed