Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,238 times)

Xhan

Xhan

QuoteI know I heard form another dev that there is some sort of "host rating" systems,

I sincerely hope that not to be the case because being the host is BULLSHIT; waiting for your attacks to register against people with 150 ping is just pointless with the implemented melee system, especially since the Alien is completely dependent on range to win. Being the host is like asking permission to play.

PS: For the people saying the Alien is completely silent, he isn't. You make noise gloabbly when you jump and you growl GLOBALLY when you're idle or grabbing a node in Domination. Fix.

KaXaSA

KaXaSA

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 18, 2010, 07:50:45 AM
QuoteI know I heard form another dev that there is some sort of "host rating" systems,

I sincerely hope that not to be the case because being the host is BULLSHIT; waiting for your attacks to register against people with 150 ping is just pointless with the implemented melee system, especially since the Alien is completely dependent on range to win. Being the host is like asking permission to play.

PS: For the people saying the Alien is completely silent, he isn't. YOu make noise when you jump and you growl GLOBALLY when your idle or grabbing a node in Domination. Fix.

that's why everyone (not only pc players) should demand ask kindly for dedicated servers.

about the sounds some1 said that when you play aliens you listen to huge noises but other people don't hear at least not so high. not sure if it true... if it's not then I would agree with you  ;D 

Quote from: Inglorious on Feb 18, 2010, 07:25:02 AM
[...]
Alien: Being able to jump while wall-crawling and sticking to whatever surface without aiming. Being able to Trophy Kill while wall-walking. Giving them the Stealth Kill while wall walking would be over powered. As is, some Alien players run right past you and go for a cheap Stealth Kill.
that's what I want the most... free jump. I'v pointed out in the last page (27) why we need this  :-*

Predator: Spear does not de-cloak. As is, there's really no reason to use Spear over the other weapons. It's one of those weapons in an FPS that you pick up just because you haven't gotten one of the better weapons yet. It would be fair, and give us a reason to use it over the Disk and Shoulder Cannon.
this.

Marine: A buff and a nerf. Buff Flamethrower. This desperately needs to be buffed in effectiveness in that it either (A) sets enemies on fire and they stay on fire (like in AVP 2000) or (B) give it some push-back or up the damage. The only thing I don't like is that the Smartgun can stop a player in their tracks as it fires on them. I can handle it being able to pick up enemies instantly, but giving it the ability to stop you from running is too much.
this too.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: KaXaSA on Feb 18, 2010, 09:18:20 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Feb 18, 2010, 07:50:45 AM

PS: For the people saying the Alien is completely silent, he isn't. You make global noise when you jump and you growl GLOBALLY when you're idle or grabbing a node in Domination. Fix.

that's why everyone (not only pc players) should demand ask kindly for dedicated servers.

about the sounds some1 said that when you play aliens you listen to huge noises but other people don't hear at least not so high. not sure if it true... if it's not then I would agree with you  ;D 

[...]
Alien: Being able to jump while wall-crawling and sticking to whatever surface without aiming. Being able to Trophy Kill while wall-walking. Giving them the Stealth Kill while wall walking would be over powered. As is, some Alien players run right past you and go for a cheap Stealth Kill.
that's what I want the most... free jump. I'v pointed out in the last page (27) why we need this  :-*

Predator: Spear does not de-cloak. As is, there's really no reason to use Spear over the other weapons. It's one of those weapons in an FPS that you pick up just because you haven't gotten one of the better weapons yet. It would be fair, and give us a reason to use it over the Disk and Shoulder Cannon.
this.

Marine: A buff and a nerf. Buff Flamethrower. This desperately needs to be buffed in effectiveness in that it either (A) sets enemies on fire and they stay on fire (like in AVP 2000) or (B) give it some push-back or up the damage. The only thing I don't like is that the Smartgun can stop a player in their tracks as it fires on them. I can handle it being able to pick up enemies instantly, but giving it the ability to stop you from running is too much.
this too.

I can hear them just fine as another species... saved my ass in Domination plenty of times. Growl = shotgun to the face.

Hive Tyrant

Yep. I hear them all over the place... but that might be because I have bass-boosting headphones, and I hear the Alien growl very distinctly due to its deep sound.

PRI. HUDSON

Why the hell is this not implemented?

Corporal Hicks

Would stress the engine out, or something to that effect.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2010, 11:16:27 PM
Would stress the engine out, or something to that effect.

Is that what they claimed?

dallevalle

dallevalle

Ok im pretty sure most of you who got the game have notice this annoying issue ok when we play online and the game is over why the hell do we go to menu and not lobby with the people we just played with every other game got this right so instead of keep playing new rounds the game ends the whole thing and we need to start all over finding players again i dont understand how they could forget such a importen part fix it rebellion seriously thats really bad.

LogansFolly

i would agree please fix.

Ironseven

Ironseven

SERIOUSLY ? i thought this was in the demo only.. Never did i actually assume the devs would consider this a valid way for mp games to function, if this is how it is well i really hope they change that cause even though im a fan and all i can say that that feature is f**** retarded

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Ironseven on Feb 19, 2010, 08:20:52 AM
SERIOUSLY ? i thought this was in the demo only.. Never did i actually assume the devs would consider this a valid way for mp games to function, if this is how it is well i really hope they change that cause even though im a fan and all i can say that that feature is f**** retarded

omg dude i was thinking the same i was like alright its only a demo so its fair enoufe but that its actully included in the full version is just insane !! it needs a fix right away !

InfestedGoat

/signed

Ironseven

Ironseven

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 19, 2010, 08:31:11 AM

omg dude i was thinking the same i was like alright its only a demo so its fair enoufe but that its actully included in the full version is just insane !! it needs a fix right away !

Totally one can't help but wonder what they were thinking

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Ironseven on Feb 19, 2010, 08:36:54 AM
Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 19, 2010, 08:31:11 AM

Totally one can't help but wonder what they were thinking

sadly to say in this case i dont think they where thinking really its just weird how to miss such a importen part becuse everyother online game got this part right even the old avp games so it really dosent make any sense man :/

visagepoissons

But it's not in the demo. I'd go straight back into the lobby when I'd finished a match in the demo. :/ Can't believe they took that OUT.

Also why do we have to wait so long after finishing a match? why should I have to wait for the count down to finish before I'm kicked out to the menu and have to reconnect?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed