Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,931 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Three points on why the spin fails -

1.) It makes the Predator look heroic. With the slo - mo and all. And then he lands next to Lex. " Oh my hero!"

2.) It fails. It doesn't hurt the Queen. For a second ... then bam ... She's fine.

3.) The Predator is way to bulky to spin like that. It looks funny ... His huge upper body ... IDK I laugh when I see it.

I'm to lazy to find the link but on Youtube theirs a video with the " Can you Feel the Love Tonight" music in the background and it shows that scene ... to funny.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 18, 2010, 02:31:39 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 18, 2010, 02:11:06 PM
They are as reckless as the P2 ones were IMHO.

It's got nothing to do with reckless:

Honour comes before help, if the other Preds would have interfered with the Harrigan vs Pussyface /Scar vs Queen fight, Pface/Scar would have been dishonoured and therefore unworthy of the clan. It's as simple as that.

;) Yeah you're right , but if Scar had win the Elder Pred would probably worry about his place (and his pension) ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's got nothing to do with reckless
I meant regarding the resistance of the helmets.

Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 18, 2010, 02:32:41 PM
1.) It makes the Predator look heroic. With the slo - mo and all. And then he lands next to Lex. " Oh my hero!"
Slow Motion =/= Heroic appearence. The Alien sprayed its blood from its tail in slow motion - does that make it look like a heroic being? No. Is it epic? Yes. Slow-Motion adds epic to everything, just ask Snyder.

2.) It fails. It doesn't hurt the Queen. For a second ... then bam ... She's fine.
A second? Oh, no. Enough time to chain the creature to that... water container. The Queen screams in pain for a lot, maybe because the spear passed right through her brain.

3.) The Predator is way to bulky to spin like that.
You would be surprised. Hippopotamus are bulky, yet still if you piss them off they run like crazy. Crocodiles can gallop sometimes. Don't see why the Predator couldn't spin like that.

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 18, 2010, 02:38:24 PM

Honour comes before help, if the other Preds would have interfered with the Harrigan vs Pussyface /Scar vs Queen fight, Pface/Scar would have been dishonoured and therefore unworthy of the clan. It's as simple as that.

;) Yeah you're right , but if Scar had win the Elder Pred would probably worry about his place (and his pension) ;D
lol win

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 18, 2010, 02:27:11 PM
Lex defeated the Queen.

The Predator's flip was the dumbest looking thing in either AVP film. Epic Failure.

The Predators little wristblades , spear and shuriken didn't slow down the Queen. And for the record Lex saved Scar three times and he only saved her once.

Only the script really decide of the effectiveness of Preds weapons,
I mean that the scar's shurikens where able to cut the Queen head into 2 piece but that didn't happen, or the Spear through the Queen head could have killed her but that didn't happen

"They" wanted the battle to be more woman vs woman in order to copy in some kind way the alien saga IMHO  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Queen skin is stronger than a normal alien's, and the shuriken did cut out one piece of the crown.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteI meant regarding the resistance of the helmets.

Sorry, my bad. Misunderstood your statement. Still don't agree with it though  :D :P

QuoteYeah you're right , but if Scar had win the Elder Pred would probably worry about his place (and his pension)

How very true  :D

QuoteOnly the script really decide of the effectiveness of Preds weapons,

and that's what scares the hell out of me. Both AvP movies have shown that the screenwriters can write whatever the f**k they want without Fox caring and stepping in and saying "Erm... that's real bullshit you just wrote there"

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

In P2 maybe (though the whole honor thigy is not needed I think), but still it wasn't recklesness. The hunter got his ass kicked, and Harrigan was able to defeat him, so there was utterly no point in interfering, it would only humiliate and make ridiculous the hunter who was helped, and the one who killed the prey which wasn't his.
In avp I don't think so. The queen was far more powerful than the prey Scar was sent in for. Also Scar's life at some point was the responsibilty of the elder of the clan. Letting him fight the queen there and then was just stoopid. As the whole fight. And as celtic vs grid.
Damn, even if those weren't pred and alien, that coreography of the fight was so bad. Whatever :P

;) Good post (that's not ironic)

the powder he empty in the leaf will be used as a lure (he will make it explode to surprise the pred when he is in the dark tunnel in order to escape)
we can the this leaf bound around his neck

But he puts his 40mm nades on the 2 spears he throws to the Pred

;) smart intervention

I don't think so. How could Dutch throw the spear matching the velocity of the grenade launcher on his weapon. Also he empties the gunpowder in one of the grenades to one leaf, so if that was a trap (assuming he had the two grenades only, shown in his hands - and why'd he make that as a trap if he didn't even know what situation he'll ge into?), he'd have only one grenade left. Though the end of the spears he throws (or shoot) at the pread look shiny... so dunno.  But for me it's more probable that those are not the actual grenades, only gunpowder in leaves. The little trap can be a bit from the second grenade's gunpowder as well. To be honest, now I don't know...

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Jun 18, 2010, 03:22:14 PM

In P2 maybe (though the whole honor thigy is not needed I think), but still it wasn't recklesness. The hunter got his ass kicked, and Harrigan was able to defeat him, so there was utterly no point in interfering, it would only humiliate and make ridiculous the hunter who was helped, and the one who killed the prey which wasn't his.
In avp I don't think so. The queen was far more powerful than the prey Scar was sent in for. Also Scar's life at some point was the responsibilty of the elder of the clan. Letting him fight the queen there and then was just stoopid. As the whole fight. And as celtic vs grid.
Damn, even if those weren't pred and alien, that coreography of the fight was so bad. Whatever :P

;) Good post (that's not ironic)

the powder he empty in the leaf will be used as a lure (he will make it explode to surprise the pred when he is in the dark tunnel in order to escape)
we can the this leaf bound around his neck

But he puts his 40mm nades on the 2 spears he throws to the Pred

;) smart intervention

I don't think so. How could Dutch throw the spear matching the velocity of the grenade launcher on his weapon. Also he empties the gunpowder in one of the grenades to one leaf, so if that was a trap (assuming he had the two grenades only, shown in his hands - and why'd he make that as a trap if he didn't even know what situation he'll ge into?), he'd have only one grenade left. Though the end of the spears he throws (or shoot) at the pread look shiny... so dunno.  But for me it's more probable that those are not the actual grenades, only gunpowder in leaves. The little trap can be a bit from the second grenade's gunpowder as well. To be honest, now I don't know...

;) you're pretty good too

Well most of the things i have underline are Hollywood mistakes and super effects.
You right went you said that Dutch can't throw his spear with enough speed to activate the nade detonator, but no one thought about that and Hollywood make it possible

And it's a huge mistake you have found dutch has 2 nades, he empty 1 cause it will be usefull in the future bad situation (the hero who has the good lure a the right moment, the James Bond syndrome  ::) we are used to see that in hollywood movies)

But if you want to be sure , just stop the image when Dutch aim at the Predator for the first time with his bow ,you will clearly see the shinny 40MM nades he had in his hands

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

But if you want to be sure , just stop the image when Dutch aim at the Predator for the first time with his bow ,you will clearly see the shinny 40MM nades he had in his hands

I did, but because of the little liana he used to fix the grenades (or leaves?) I wasn't so sure, even with the shining of the tip of the spear (that made me assume those are the nades). But guess you're right about hollywood mistakes and such :) And maybe he had a third grenade hidden somewhere.

One thing I still don't know where did he get the metal tips for the arrows? I was assuming that he made them from the shells of the grenades (making me assume again, no nades on spears), but it's no good, those are not thick enough, and anyway, I doubt he could just simply cut it with his knife. So it can't be against the nades on spears in the end too. But where did he get those?

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

:-[ But that strange you can't be sure of that.
Dutch have 3 spears : 2 spear with 40mm oval shinny nades bound their tips and a last one where he tied his combat knife.
AND he has a leaf load with gunpowder around his neck.

If the things at the tip of his spears aren't 40MM , so what did he put on his spear to allow them to detonate at  1st contact with the blast radius of an antipersonnel nade

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 18, 2010, 02:53:32 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 18, 2010, 02:27:11 PM
Lex defeated the Queen.

The Predator's flip was the dumbest looking thing in either AVP film. Epic Failure.

The Predators little wristblades , spear and shuriken didn't slow down the Queen. And for the record Lex saved Scar three times and he only saved her once.

Only the script really decide of the effectiveness of Preds weapons,
I mean that the scar's shurikens where able to cut the Queen head into 2 piece but that didn't happen, or the Spear through the Queen head could have killed her but that didn't happen

"They" wanted the battle to be more woman vs woman in order to copy in some kind way the alien saga IMHO  ;)

Yeah I know.  :-\

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 18, 2010, 05:59:44 PM
  :-[ But that strange you can't be sure of that.
Dutch have 3 spears : 2 spear with 40mm oval shinny nades bound their tips and a last one where he tied his combat knife.
AND he has a leaf load with gunpowder around his neck.

If the things at the tip of his spears aren't 40MM , so what did he put on his spear to allow them to detonate at  1st contact with the blast radius of an antipersonnel nade

Yes, but the only problem is the amount of nades. There were two then? And one wasn't showed? I'm okay with that, and then no hesitation about this. But I always thought why would they hide one?
But I think it's okay. And to be frank, thanks for this.. as I always discover, it's never enough to watch this movie :)

PS-oooh, I see. Okay, now you're right for sure. Gunpowder in leaves... hmm, on the tree trunk it could've exploded, but when Anytime was on the tree, already injued, surely not. Wow, thankies :)

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

;) you're welcome

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Allright. We are going to settle this once and for all.
Heads is the alien and tales is the predator
No outside interference. Whichever way the coin lands, that is what is it. Got it!?
(Flips coin. Coin lands.)

.................Huh.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

*blows on coin*

It's heads. Vote Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed